[X3LU] ... some minor improvements/fixes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JSDD
x3tc

[X3LU] ... some minor improvements/fixes

Post by JSDD » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 17:31

... i've done some little text improvements for my X3LU, if someone is interested: *download*

version: 2

changed X3LU files:
addon\director\0.22 Build Stations

changed vanilla files:
addon\director\2.136 Notoriety Hack

used text file:
7999-L044.xml

it includes:
--> mission rewards are formatted & yellow colored in the player logbook (e.g. 25.965.243 Credits instead of: 25965243 Credits)
--> in build missions briefings i've added the sector where to build the station (e.g.: Build: Argon Cahoona Factory in sector Omicron Lyrae)
--> added the fix from ITFUncleDave

--> a kind of "fix" for hacking mission offers:
(especially for X3LU 'caues there are enemy stations on which the player is allowed to dock!!!)
----> no payment anymore for hacking stations at which the player is already allowed to dock (e.g. enemy pirate bases)
----> you can see in the offer dialog which stations are meant: the station's location is displayed and its ID code
----> only known enemy stations can be hacked, that means you have to discover them first

... if someone has any suggestions to improve anything else, let me know ;)

==============================================

background music changer (version 1)
*download*

what is it?
just a little md script which continuously changes the background music of the last sector you've visited

how to install?
extract the folder "addon" into your X3 game directory
=> when starting your game you'll get the message like "... bgmusic installed"

how to uninstall?
rename your current ship (not the player name) into "bgmusic.remove"
=> your ship will be automatically renamed back to the ship's type name
=> after your've changed the sector once more you'll get a message like "... bgmusic removed" ... that's it, delete the script, continue playing ... all vanilla background musics will be restored

used text file or other resources:
none

does it function in other mods?
yes. this script simply creates a list of music ids of every sector in the universe, every time you change your sector it will select a random sector music and set it as the background music of the previously visited sector

weapon group hotkeys: (version 60)
*download*

what is it?
just a little script that adds 4 new hotkeys, intended to replace the vanilla weapon groups (key 1, 2, 3, 4)
the fourth hotkey opens a menu which allows you to set up the weapons for the 3 weapon groups available

whats the difference to vanilla weapon group hotkeys?
it uses all main guns available

used text file:
7996-L044.xml

replacement for direct deposit command (version 50)
*download*

what is it?
just a little script, intended to replace the LU vanilla command "Direct Deposit" (which does not work under X3LU 1.5.1)

whats the difference to vanilla X3LU?
it works ...

changed X3LU files:
addon\\scripts\\setup.Commands (just overwrite it)

used text file or other resources:
none
Last edited by JSDD on Sun, 7. Jun 15, 03:26, edited 4 times in total.
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 20:17

I've noticed a bug in LUV to do with Remotely dropping a station for a build mission. If you choose to remotely drop the station the player station will be despawned and an AI station will take its place, BUT it will be placed in the player sector, which can lead to some nasty collisions 'n' shit.

I've fixed it, and wonder if you'd like to integrate it into this mod rather than me making a 3rd "small fixes" mod.

In director/0.22 Build Stations.xml on line 573:

Code: Select all

<create_station name="this.TempStation" typename="{value@this.Type}" race="{param@OfferRace}" safety="0">
  <position x="{value@this.X}" y="{value@this.Y}" z="{value@this.Z}"/>
  <rotation alpha="{value@this.A}" beta="{value@this.B}" gamma="{value@this.G}"/>
  <equipment loadout="default"/>
</create_station>
needs to be replaced with:

<create_station name="this.TempStation" typename="{value@this.Type}" race="{param@OfferRace}" safety="0">
  <sector sector="{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Loc1sec"/>
</create_station>
Last edited by ITFUncleDave on Thu, 4. Jun 15, 22:32, edited 3 times in total.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 20:44

... i've added the fix ;)

<sector sector="{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Loc1sec"/>
                        </create_station>
... i've also added a little fix for the weapongroup hotkeys
(the x engine goes crazy when pressing hotkey & rightclicking, calling the hk_script every frame ...)
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 03:23

... added a fix/replacement 4 Direct Deposit command (on stations)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 09:11

Thanks!

Could this be added over an existing LU game or would an E/I be recommended?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 11:30

... what is an E/I ?? ^^

... you can just download & install them, it works with your current savegames
... "little text improvements" will take effect immediately, bavkground music changer is designed to change the music of previously visited sectors (= takes effect when you visit a sector the second time after installation), the derect deposit command has to be restarted on stations that are already running this command (in case there is anyone, as i mentioned this command didnt work, there is a little error ...)
i've created 2 completely new scripts for this command, but to bind it at te command slot i changed the vanilla LU setup file ... nothing big ..

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 14:14

Thanks for the info.

Sorry about I/E, I meant the LU "export and import" step.

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 18:57

I have used your replacement direct deposit, and it works great. However, since it was made for LU v1.5, it breaks some commands in my LU 1.7. To be specific, the Dock Agent command simply stops working. Betty says 'Command Accepted', but ship command remains 'None'. I looked at the script, and it seems that the Dock Agent command expects an argument of 'Buy' or 'Sell', but it only receives 0 or 1 and therefore quits. I have no idea of how to fix this.

It would be :thumb_up: if you had the time to update it.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 19:13

Based on the OP, that minimod just fixes the nonworking system. Is the system still broken? Otherwise you wouldn't need it

If it is still broken: Joubarbe's toolkit has an alternative
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 19:44

It does work, but I like how OP's script allows me to specify both upper and lower limits on a station's credit balance. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Fri, 8. Jul 16, 11:17

Found a bug in X.Hotkey.Laser.Config.Menu.xml where weapon for gun number 11 and above cannot be set. For example, Sirokos has 12 main guns and last 2 cannot be set. To fix, change line 124 from

$Text = get substring of $Return offset=3 length=1
to

$Return.Length = get length of string $Return
$Text.Length = $Return.Length - 3
if $Text.Length > 2
$Text.Length = 2
end
$Text = get substring of $Return offset=3 length=$Text.Length
This will limit the number of guns to 99. It might be as simple as just change 1 to 2 for line 124, but I didn't test it.

GunthorNC
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] ... some minor improvements/fixes

Post by GunthorNC » Fri, 13. Oct 23, 02:22

Are there any alternative download links to this mod? the original is locked. I know I'm a little late to the game, but trying to get back into it again after a few years.

Vision09

Re: [X3LU] ... some minor improvements/fixes

Post by Vision09 » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 16:58

GunthorNC wrote:
Fri, 13. Oct 23, 02:22
Are there any alternative download links to this mod? the original is locked. I know I'm a little late to the game, but trying to get back into it again after a few years.
Many of the mods currently being hosted on Google Drive haven't been set to "Anyone with a link" to be able to download them. Which would be the ideal setting for this purpose, as it now a bunch of mods there have been locked and users need to request access to view/download them (which is a problem especially if the person who's uploaded them is gone from the scene) I'm afraid we may forever lose some of these mods.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”