Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 11:06

Together with the general availability of Update 2.50 for X Rebirth, which will be released soon, bringing a new menu system, external camera, new small shipyards and many other improvements, we are happy to announce today the DLC - X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost - coming in December 2014:

Showing the X-Series in a whole new light. "X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost" contains version 3.0 of X Rebirth and the brand new expansion The Teladi Outpost. This expansion offers the player exciting new content, such as an independent storyline and a whole new star system containing two unique sectors. Here the player can find a massive new space station belonging to the Teladi, harbouring not only numerous factories but also a wealth of new Teladi ships.

These new areas also contain hazardous regions and new groups of smugglers and pirates that offer the player countless opportunities, as well as new weapons and equipment for the Albion Skunk.

Until 1st November, preordering this DLC will be free for all owners of X Rebirth.

EDIT: We have extended the date by which you need to have claimed your free copy of The Teladi Outpost DLC to the day of its release.
Last edited by CBJ on Thu, 11. Dec 14, 15:31, edited 4 times in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 12:12

To answer some of the inevitable questions about this announcement:

What's in 2.50 and when can I get it?

• Version 2.50 of X Rebirth is available now.
• For a list of features and fixes see the Patch Notes.
• Your game will be updated automatically unless you have disabled this feature in the Steam client.

What about 3.0?

• Version 3.0 of X Rebirth will be released in December.
• It will include new gameplay features, which we will announce later, along with more fixes and general improvements.
• It will be released as a standard Steam update to all owners of X Rebirth, just like previous patches.

And the expansion?

• The expansion, The Teladi Outpost, will be released at the same time as Version 3.0.
• It will include new content such as new areas of space, new storyline missions, new factions, new ships, and so on.
• If you already own X Rebirth, or you buy it before the 1st November, then you can pre-order the expansion free on Steam up until that date.

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:17

Thanks for free DLC! Very nice of you to give this free of charge to existing owners of game.

Looking forward to the new frontier.

:thumb_up: to whole team

Pre-loading "The Teladi Outpost"
Last edited by Ognjen85 on Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:38

What!??! News about the... *gasp* FUTURE!?! That's very welcome!

In a way I'm more curious about what new features 3.0 bring than the DLC. Both are welcome, naturally!

XR has come a long way with 2.5. Well done, Egosoft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:45

I've got little indication whether it's been preloaded or not, but I guess I'll find out in December.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:49

These are awesome news, can we get a racing minigame in that "Ring World" station pretty please? And an inside docking platform will make me sooo happy.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:51

Right click on game, then select DLC, from there click on "View Available Downloadable Content" and then you should have small indication that it is already in your library (with assumption that you have added it already).

Apart from that no other more visible indication. Properties of game don't exactly show it yet...

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:54

Ognjen85 wrote:Right click on game, then select DLC, from there click on "View Available Downloadable Content" and then you should have small indication that it is already in your library (with assumption that you have added it already).

Apart from that no other more visible indication. Properties of game don't exactly show it yet...
The current message is, "You currently have no downloadable content for this product."

Edit:
Yet the Steam page tells me, "X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost is already in your Steam library"
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 19:56

awesome great news, and the sooner 3.0 is out the sooner Timon gets put back the "broom cupboard marked "Mac and Linux"" - CBJ :lol:
Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream, to kill him so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things!!! - Zap Brannigan

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:08

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!
YEEEEEEEEES!
*heart attack* *still shouting*

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:08

Edit:
Yet the Steam page tells me, "X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost is already in your Steam library"
That is the discrete indication I was talking about. Perhaps they didn't work out all details with steam about this DLC...

Lets hope it will still be there in our library in December ;-)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:17

LOL
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1411747493

This thing is actually a SHIP. Doesn't have too much weaponry. Maybe a Construction Vessel of the teladi?

ALSO this:
smugglers and pirates that offer you countless opportunities
MANY MANY thanks for this Egosoft. Interaction with pirates. Lovely!

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:23

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:ALSO this:
smugglers and pirates that offer you countless opportunities
MANY MANY thanks for this Egosoft. Interaction with pirates. Lovely!
Yup, that's good news. I just hope that such features will be universal and not certain rule sets to Teladi space.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:26

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:LOL
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1411747493

This thing is actually a SHIP. Doesn't have too much weaponry. Maybe a Construction Vessel of the teladi?
!
Couple of HIT/MA turrets, few MK1 Force Field Projectors and a Capital Shield Generator. Seems to be miner or freighter or CV...

I'm very curios what will be the design of Teladi's battleship(s). 8)

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:46

I love ES.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 20:50

Ognjen85 wrote:I'm very curios what will be the design of Teladi's battleship(s). 8)
I hope to see some old ships, battered and rusted. Maybe refitted to survive the post-apocaliptyc universe that was turned to ashes when the supernova exploded.

NoxsBlack
x4

Thank you

Post by NoxsBlack » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 21:03

Thank you Egosoft for the DLC, Love Xrebirth !!!

Manddrack
x4

Post by Manddrack » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 21:06

Two word :

THANK YOU !!!!

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 21:27

@ karlwatson : Timon will most likely keep working on the multiplatform support - there is still much to be done, but he's making good progress. There is less "pink" stuff on the screen every day ( pink and neon-green are typical programmer colours for testing things ).

Health-wise: We knocked on the broomcloset-door today and there was still some muffled sound - so everything is ok with him.

Shadore

Post by Shadore » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 22:28

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:
Ognjen85 wrote:I'm very curios what will be the design of Teladi's battleship(s). 8)
I hope to see some old ships, battered and rusted. Maybe refitted to survive the post-apocaliptyc universe that was turned to ashes when the supernova exploded.
Can things rust in space?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”