[MOD] X:Rebirth Re-imagined

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeserterX
x3

[MOD] X:Rebirth Re-imagined

Post by DeserterX » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 17:16

[ external image ]

X:Rebirth Re-imagined is an all in one improvement to the overall visuals of X:R

Features:
- Much better texture appearance and feel
- Sharp graphics
- HDR-like glows
- Movie like look
- Low FPS impact (4-5 fps)

Info:
X:Rebirth Re-imagined designed to enhance the visuals-textures and the overall graphics of X:R without overdoing it.
Tested in all star systems to provide the best results in both dark and bright sectors.
Special attention has been given to the low resolution textures of the game to make them appear as much higher quality as possible.
Also alot of effort put into balancing the brightness in order to provide the illusion of HDR without making the image too dark.
Lastly some desaturation and movie-like coloring was added to give a more realistic look.

I hope you find it as pleasing to the eye as I do ;)

Comparison:
Vanilla
Re-imagined Mild Edition
Re-imagined

Many screenshots and the mod file can be found in nexus.

[ external image ]

* How can I make the link appear as a button like the other mods? (I'm new to this :)) - Cheers! :D
Last edited by DeserterX on Sat, 14. Dec 13, 11:25, edited 4 times in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] X:Rebirth Re-imagined

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 17:20

DeserterX wrote:* How can I make the link appear as a button like the other mods? (I'm new to this :))

Code: Select all

[url=###DL-Link###][img]###Image-Link###[/img][/url]
;)

but remember the Forum rules, max image Size is 640*480 and 100kb ;) *points to Pic at top of the Post* :roll:
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DeserterX
x3

Post by DeserterX » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 17:27

Thanks for the info, ill resize the image asap :oops:

nonnex
x4

Post by nonnex » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 17:28

Cheers, a bit tooo sharp for my taste but nice work!

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 18:28

Great job! Looks great.

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 20:26

Looks great, unfortunately with the current frame rate of only 13 to 30fps I can't really afford to lose 4 or 5 more fps.

Never the less, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated by those that can handle the hit to the framerate.

not2day

Post by not2day » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 21:29

kuplo wrote:Looks great, unfortunately with the current frame rate of only 13 to 30fps I can't really afford to lose 4 or 5 more fps.

Never the less, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated by those that can handle the hit to the framerate.
The low frame rate is the exact reason I'm not installing this as much as I want to. I have a triple monitor Eyefinity setup with HD6850's in Crossfire, 3.5GHz Quadcore, 8GB Ram and I still crawl along as 33-40 FPS. I don't even have AA or AF turned on. Honestly this game is the worst optimized game I have in my collection (surpassing Arma2, where I used to average 25 FPS with the same hardware).

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 01:54

Pictures look nice but...a little dark looking and too new. Not everything in the universe is brand new, but it looks that way in your pictures, so seeing a NEW universe everywhere you look might seem a bit odd. :wink:

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 01:56

How about posting some Comparison shots for people to see what its like before trying!

Anything to do with Graphics you should always have comparisons in the Opening Post so others can compare and see if its something they may or may not like.

A lot of people simply won't download a graphics mod with out some Comparison shots or Pictures of the MOD at least.

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Frumph
x4

Post by Frumph » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 02:07

Using this, everythings more sharp and crisp and just a fantastic difference.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 06:02

It's beyond sharp and crisp, it's night and day.

You guys gotta try this. No harm no foul. It wont mess up your game but you probably wont go back to vanilla. THis is SOO much better. Seriously, dont wait for the before and after pics. You spent the money, you owe it to yourself to get a better game and this will make it better.

I just went to three systems. Devries was ten times better. OMG you'll just fly around and be hitting the scroll lock key over and over going, what was egosoft thinking.

Gone is the super-saturated cartoon look. This is much more realistic. Space is darker. Everything looks better and more realistic. Shadows are better.

I got to tweaking the settings file (super easy) and tweaked it just perfectly (almost).

I think that FXAA is better than SMAA, so I switched those and I turned the filmgrain off and adjusted the Bloom and technicolor and sharpen a bit. Sorted.

If its too sharp, just adjust that setting and bingo presto, just the way you want it. Dont worry if the menu looks a little washed out, just wait til the game loads and then hit Scroll Lock to see the comparison. Also, you may want to up the Gamma about 10 or 20 points in the game graphic settings for perfection.

AND, my FPS hit was negligible in most places and no more than 2 FPS but really more like -1 to 2 becuase sometimes I'd get better framerates with it on. Even with FXAA instead of SMAA, and also, I ran 2xAA with no problems.

Everyone should try this if your reading a modding forum. (and you know you are)

Thanks DeserterX

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 07:55

ah, this is ENB..

DeserterX
x3

Post by DeserterX » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 08:19

Hey guys, I'm so glad you are checking this mod out, thanks for this!

I really wish Egosoft will optimize the game so more people can enjoy it without fps issues :(
The 4-5 fps drop i mention in my post is measured in my system, it may vary for the better in other stronger systems.

I just want to say that SweetFX is highly customizable by tweaking the settings file and super easy to do like Thurmonator said.
I provided a base here, with a little effort anyone can adjust it to his own taste.
Some tips: you can run the game in window mode and use the Pause key to reload the settings while you are editing the settings file (you need to save the txt after each change).
KRM398 wrote:Pictures look nice but...a little dark looking and too new. Not everything in the universe is brand new, but it looks that way in your pictures, so seeing a NEW universe everywhere you look might seem a bit odd. :wink:
A funny note, not that it matters :roll: but there is no rust in space, everything is supposed to look new unless they are standing there for millions of years.
But this is a game and everyone can imagine space the way it pleases them :D

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 13:28

but there is no rust in space, everything is supposed to look new unless they are standing there for millions of years.
No rust, but there's lots of pollution like micro asteroids, space junk, and sitting in engine exhaust. IRL, this stuff could rip holes through our own ships. But in a sci-fi world, it's plenty enough to scratch paint and put cosmetic damage in the armor.

That sort of damage keeps ships from looking new forever.

AndyCapobianco

Post by AndyCapobianco » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 15:53

thanks for the mod. could anyone post some settings with a more realistic look (colour, saturation etc). i've tried some settings but i'm having trouble with it. i'd say halfway between vanilla and the default mod settings would be perfect

Fumblesneeze
x3tc

Post by Fumblesneeze » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 19:08

Bobucles wrote: That sort of damage keeps ships from looking new forever.
I just love how battered the BSG looked towards the later seasons :D

Even if you repair a ships hull, it shouldn't look new again.

Also, every other sector is full of nebulae and dust, any normal windshield would be so dirty you couldn't look through in a matter of minutes.
Streaming while writing mods: twitch.tv/fumblesneeze

DeserterX
x3

Post by DeserterX » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 11:31

AndyCapobianco wrote:thanks for the mod. could anyone post some settings with a more realistic look (colour, saturation etc). i've tried some settings but i'm having trouble with it. i'd say halfway between vanilla and the default mod settings would be perfect
Hi there! Just added a variation to the settings that might be what you are looking for.
Also added some comparison screens.

AndyCapobianco

Post by AndyCapobianco » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 14:27

you are a star :thumb_up:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 20:14

Have looked at all three visuals.

I agree that the mid way settings are probably the best for me, too.

jpinard
x4

Post by jpinard » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 10:16

Wow, this is really, really fantastic.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”