[SCR] TC-AP - Prospector Signal Targeted V. 1.5 [06/09/2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tiek
x3tc

[SCR] TC-AP - Prospector Signal Targeted V. 1.5 [06/09/2013]

Post by Tiek » Mon, 7. May 12, 20:35

Hi guys,

Having said that I am a coder not even remotely comparable to those sublime minds browsing this Forum, I apologize to them if I tried to imitate their deeds and decided to publish this little mod whose creation I was tickled quite a bit.

This is the adaptation of the Signal_Targeted, used by gnasirator in its Explorer, to Prospector of Lucike.

In this regard, my deepest thanks to gnasirator for permission to use its scripts and provided ongoing support.

Many thanks also to TECSG for his helpful advice that allowed me to see things from a different perspective than the initial one.

And of course a due thanks to Lucike, for creating the incredibly useful Prospector.

Returning to mod this script provides:

-) The use of Signal_Targeted for the Prospector using TS class ships and subsequent flight from the enemy before being attacked (= damage sustained);

-) If the Prospector is running out of energy cells and can not make a jump, when during the process of escape is approached by the enemy ship at a distance less than six Km, he automatically activates the boost function resulting in a timed speed bonus (max 3 minutes, with energy taken from the shields, damage to hull of 1% every minute after the first and cooling time of 1 minute);

-) The order and delivery (obviously fee) of energy cells (if less than 100 in the cargo bay) when the Prospector is docked at Station after the flee;

-) Prospector goes to nearest Shipyard for repairs if the hull is less than 80% after the flight;

-) Prospector returns to his initial occupation after a waiting time at the Station if no enemy ship is hunting for him. The waiting cycle is 5 minutes with a warning message if the enemy is still present, if so the cycle is repeated. If during the cycle, the enemy is destroyed, runs to more than 10 km from the Station or change Sector, the Prospector stops waiting and restarts its activity.

-) If while waiting at the Station this is attacked, the Prospector leaves the Station in search of another (he jumps into another Sector if he has energy cells or seeks in the current Sector if not).

The Signal_Targeted is not really a signal, but a task initialized when you start the Prospector, which constantly monitors the presence of any enemy targeting the Prospector and reacting accordingly.

The modified original files (which I recommend to save) are the txt file 8006 and the script plugin.prospector.main.

This mod works with the Prospector Ver. 3.3.03:

Lucike Prospector V. 3.3.03 - Info / Download Page

Prospector Signal Targeted download link (V. 1.5):

[ external image ]

What else can I say, please be indulgent with me for any errors/omissions and......enjoy it if you are interested! :)

Greetings.

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated x1tp with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Tiek on Sat, 7. Sep 13, 01:30, edited 8 times in total.

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Sat, 12. May 12, 18:28

Ver 1.1:

Just a small correction to conditions for the speed boost start; now runs properly the test for presence on board of enough energy cells to jump and simultaneously for distance from the enemy ship; even if the enemy ship is at a distance less than 6 Km but the Prospector has energy cells for jumping, speed boost does not start and the ship proceeds to jump.

Furthermore, if the hull is less than 80%, after planned waiting at the escape station, the Prospector goes to the nearest Shipyard for repairs before returning to his occupation.

Ver 1.2:

Updated for Prospector Ver. 3.3.01

Ver 1.3:

Updated for Prospector Ver. 3.3.02

Small correction to routines of boost task; changed the amount / time range of energy shields drain, the maximum operational time of the boost mode and introduced a cooling time before the task is restarted.

Ver 1.4:

Updated for Prospector Ver. 3.3.03

Ver.1.5:

Detected and fixed some bugs related to the routines that identify enemy and start the flee (the most important was causing an endless loop of activation of the escape, in case of attack against the Station where the Prospector was on hold, resulting in the deadlock of Prospector). Cleaned up the code.
Last edited by Tiek on Fri, 6. Sep 13, 03:21, edited 3 times in total.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 09:57

Interesting mod....now I dont have to worry about prospectors safety.
Great job...

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 23:27

Hi guys, I want just inform you I updated this small mod to last version of Prospector by Lucike: v. 3.3.03

Regardless of whether you use or not this mod, I recommend you download the latest version of Prospector from the link indicated in the opening post because it fixes some bugs improving its functionality. Don't forget to download also the required new Command Library v. 3.8.04 from the same site:

Lucike Command Library V. 3.8.04 - Info / Download Page

Enjoy the Lucike's work. See you.
Last edited by Tiek on Mon, 2. Sep 13, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 02:37

Tiek wrote:Hi guys, I want just inform you I updated this small mod to last version of Prospector by Lucike: v. 3.3.02

Regardless of whether you use or not this mod, I recommend you download the latest version of Prospector from the link indicated in the opening post because it fixes some bugs improving its functionality. Don't forget to download also the required new Command Library v. 3.8.03 from the same site:

Lucike Command Library V. 3.8.03

Link broken looks like there's a newer version as of 8/30/13

Prospector

Version 3.3.03

and

Command Library - Notwendige Befehlsbibliothek
Version 3.8.04

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 18:58

shabitz wrote:
Tiek wrote:Hi guys, I want just inform you I updated this small mod to last version of Prospector by Lucike: v. 3.3.02

Regardless of whether you use or not this mod, I recommend you download the latest version of Prospector from the link indicated in the opening post because it fixes some bugs improving its functionality. Don't forget to download also the required new Command Library v. 3.8.03 from the same site:

Lucike Command Library V. 3.8.03

Link broken looks like there's a newer version as of 8/30/13

Prospector

Version 3.3.03

and

Command Library - Notwendige Befehlsbibliothek
Version 3.8.04

Thank you very much for reporting :thumb_up: I have updated the mod for the last Prospector version. Enjoy it! :)

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 03:26

Hi guys, this post is just to warn those who are using the mod to update it to Version 1.5, due to some bugs that I have identified and corrected. For specifications see the post dedicated to the updates.

Greetings :)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 02:14

Hey, if I already use "Signal Targeted", do I still need "Prospector Signal Targeted" to get the full functionality?
bibo ergo sum

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 02:33

GlassDeviant wrote:Hey, if I already use "Signal Targeted", do I still need "Prospector Signal Targeted" to get the full functionality?
Where are you using & seeing this singal targeted?
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 02:50

I have three mods, CAG Signal Targeted v1.2, Prospector Signal Targeted v1.5 and Signal Targeted 1.07 "repacked for TC/AP by ..." someone, I forget who. I'll keep looking for where I got it, the other two are linked in the big mods thread.

Edit: Repacked by Bullwinkle.

Edit 2: found a link - https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/downloads/list
bibo ergo sum

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 19:34

Updated version to the latest version of Prospector:

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unres ... d_V1.5.rar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”