UTs trading at my hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thebigJ_A
x3tc

UTs trading at my hub

Post by thebigJ_A » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 07:55

I've got the first Hub gates aligned, and I'm having CLS2 ships collecting equipment for my future fleet (shields etc.) and bringing it there. I have the HUB set to not allow NPCs to trade (though they sometimes seem to dock anyway). Problem is, my universe traders keep trying to buy or sell things from/to my Hub, messing everything up.

When they try to sell things, they just sit there forever until I notice them, since I've not given money to the place. Money lost. Worse is when they come and take away gear I've been stockpiling.

How do I get them to stop? If they were CLS I'd just set my Hub as blacklisted, but I don't think I can do that with UTs. I believe I can get them to stop either buying or selling with the "Product Selling Price Setting" by jacking it all the way up or down, but won't they then be even more likely to do the opposite? They'll see a high/low price and try to sell/buy even more, no?

While I'm here, what exactly does the number of jumps that changes when you change the price affect? I don't understand it at all. There's already a separate setting that you can actually set (rather than being some arbitrary number of jumps like the other) for (I think) how far your CAGs who work the station will go (correct me if I'm wrong). The number of jumps goes down when you increase the price, and up when you decrease it, except it switches to 'none' below a certain price. Hell, some wares are at 'none' no matter what price is set.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 08:05

No idea about the UT thing, but the number of jumps listed is how far a ship would have to travel to find goods at at the price you set *at that moment*. This is why it tends to increase as you drop the price, because the lower the price is the fewer factories will be selling at that level and thus they'll be more widely spread.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 09:42

I Think setting the price of goods to Average-1 will stop the UT's.

They won't sell your weapons/shields, as there is only 1 credits profit.

And they won't buy weapons/shields for you as they can sell to Docks for more money (Average price)

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 10:21

Unless I'm misinterpreting the command, player stations have an option to block ST/LT/UT access to that station. Go to the station's command console and click an empty command slot, then Trader Barrier to enable the block.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

thebigJ_A
x3tc

Post by thebigJ_A » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 12:51

StarSword wrote:Unless I'm misinterpreting the command, player stations have an option to block ST/LT/UT access to that station. Go to the station's command console and click an empty command slot, then Trader Barrier to enable the block.
I've seen that command, but it says "Ttrader Barrier Commercial Agent (LOCKCAG)", so I assume it has something to do with CAGS rather than UTs, though I've no idea what. If I don't want a CAG to trade for a station, I don't attach it to that station.

thebigJ_A
x3tc

Post by thebigJ_A » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 12:54

pjknibbs wrote:No idea about the UT thing, but the number of jumps listed is how far a ship would have to travel to find goods at at the price you set *at that moment*. This is why it tends to increase as you drop the price, because the lower the price is the fewer factories will be selling at that level and thus they'll be more widely spread.
Ah, that's very useful information. I use CAGs with jumpdrives generally, so it doesn't appear hugely relevant to me, but still good info to have. Much obliged.

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 16:45

There is a blacklist manager for UTs with the AP bonus pack. You haven't mentioned if that's what you play.

If you do have it, enter it by going to your UTs' additional commands page. Same place you'd go to set up mosquito defense missile commands.
Just hit one of the empty additional commands slots, enter the MK3 blacklist manager, and start blacklisting any stations/sectors you want your UTs to stay out.

thebigJ_A
x3tc

Post by thebigJ_A » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 05:48

Crezeh wrote:There is a blacklist manager for UTs with the AP bonus pack. You haven't mentioned if that's what you play.

If you do have it, enter it by going to your UTs' additional commands page. Same place you'd go to set up mosquito defense missile commands.
Just hit one of the empty additional commands slots, enter the MK3 blacklist manager, and start blacklisting any stations/sectors you want your UTs to stay out.
I wasn't aware the hub was even in AP. Odd that it is. No, I'm playing TC.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”