Litcube's Excel TShip Editor 0.64b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 18:48

TrixX wrote:
fallenwizard wrote:@Litcube

0.60b doesn't import SRM. Error message:
Runtime Error '6':
Overflow
"Debug" leads me to this line:
NextPos = InStr(Pos, WholeLine, Sep)
It loaded fine with the older version.
Was that a stock SRM TShips? Also what version?

I just loaded up 0.88b 0.84 and the current SRM without incident. Did you make any alterations?
Nope. It loaded fine with the older version of the Excel file.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 22:38

Update!

0.62b:
- Added version info to the exported header.
- Fixed a small bug in name writes that caused multiple variant entries in the XML file to not write properly. An example of the bug is two Super Freighter variants, and the Super Freighter XL not showing up. This has been fixed.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 04:45

fallenwizard wrote:
TrixX wrote:
fallenwizard wrote:@Litcube

0.60b doesn't import SRM. Error message:
Runtime Error '6':
Overflow
"Debug" leads me to this line:
NextPos = InStr(Pos, WholeLine, Sep)
It loaded fine with the older version.
Was that a stock SRM TShips? Also what version?

I just loaded up 0.88b 0.84 and the current SRM without incident. Did you make any alterations?
Nope. It loaded fine with the older version of the Excel file.
Nice you managed to not answer any questions. Can't help ya without info.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 05:02

No, I did not make any alterations. I tried both, the "standard" SRM Tships and hull-med pack. No SRM Tships file worked.

Seems that it is a problem with my Excel installation or the decimal conversion code in the macro. I use the german version and use , as the decimal separator.

I also tried several other TShip files without a problem, including Vanilla, Imp's Cockpit Mod, PSCO1 Cockpit Mod, Lucike's Mod Collection, X-Tra Ship Pack and Naval Shuffle. Everything loaded fine.
Last edited by fallenwizard on Sun, 13. Mar 11, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 05:34

Odd if it's the decimal converter. But yes we use English versions so decimal is point and not comma. Might also be a slight mistype in the SRM TShips as well.

Either way it's an odd issue.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 05:40

That's weird that its not working for you, when those other tships are. Can yopu send me all the files in your directory where LETE is? Ill take a look at it tommorow morning. Right now I'm getting hammered.

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 06:36

:headbang:
After a complete reinstall of Excel SRM loads fine. I don't know why this happened.

Sorry to annoy you like this.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 21:17

Well, thanks for being honest.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 06:53

Update!

0.64b:
- Filters are now cleared when hitting the edit buttons before the edit changes take place. The filters were causing only some of the cells to be updated. I'll remedy this in the future with a solution that applies to all appropriate cells without undoing your filters. For now, just take note, and reapply your filters after changing the edit toggles.
- Cockpit weapon usage pips weren't updating when changing the cockpit weapon on ships. This has now been fixed/implemented.
- Minor bug fixes

daemon1129
x3

Post by daemon1129 » Tue, 28. Jun 11, 09:49

"This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features."

I can't do anything with this. Wipe or import or anything doesn't work at all.

Edit: Ok i enabled VBA (I think), now it says

"Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))"

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Wed, 6. Jul 11, 22:03

I think I'm doing something wrong.

I'm actually editing just fine (this is awesome!) I just don't understand which .xml file I'm supposed to import to get the right names - I'm no modder myself, so I don't know which is the right one :)

I'm trying to edit the SRM TShips here, but I need names, heh :D

edit: Also, how I do set the race to 0? Gives me an "Unknown Value"
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 18:24

creidiki wrote:I just don't understand which .xml file I'm supposed to import to get the right names -
The t-file of the current mod you want to change its tships.
creidiki wrote:edit: Also, how I do set the race to 0?
Well, 0 is no race. If you click on the ship's race in the 'race'-column, you can select the available races via a dropdown-list.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 19:36

Yes .... but Race 0 is a valid race, separate from the Unknown Race, useful for disabling ships added by mods that you do not like for some reason. Give an added ship Race 0 and it will be ignore by everything, without giving you the same issues adding or removing stuff from a TFile does ...

LETE will not accept it as an input however, although the race filter (obviously, as its auto-generated) does.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 19:05

Here my congrats too for a very useful Tool. Using it now for mass extraction of information from TShips using Class filter which comes very handy as I need the info per class, rather than scattered like it is in the TShips. Making it possible to c&p whole columns, thus saving me lots of time, thanks.

Just a small note, when I filtered the class per M3 I noticed that the Goner Ranger does not get listed (noticed its a separate filter), this is not really an issue once you know but the Ranger should be listed in the M3 class type of ships.

Great work :thumb_up:

MFG

Ketraar

hlking
x4

Post by hlking » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 07:08

Hi, I was trying to import the T files from Litcubes Universe but I get an error message saying "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch". I put all the required Tfiles from Cat 07 in the same folder as the excel file. I'm running Excel 2013 with macros enabled.

This is the code that the debugger highlights:

Code: Select all

Current = Sheets("Edit").Cells(1, Names("Edit.Missiles_Start").RefersToRange.Column + GSIndex).Value
Any idea how to fix it?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 07:25

For LU use the editors found here: https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... structions

The types files in LU have had some changes to their structure making non-LU editors incompatible.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

hlking
x4

Post by hlking » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 08:05

jack775544 wrote:For LU use the editors found here: https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... structions

The types files in LU have had some changes to their structure making non-LU editors incompatible.
Sweet! Thank you, mate.

karaddun

Post by karaddun » Sun, 17. Apr 16, 19:39

I'm a newbie and couldnt understand how to use this corretly.
After I mod the ship in excel file and export it as a text file what will I do with that txt file can anyone help me ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”