[SCRIPT] Convert Trans-Orbital Accelerators to Jump Gates [V2.0]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 06:35

Hey everybody. Sorry to bring back this thread as old as it is. But ive been having some problems with this and im curious to see if anyone can help.

I installed tis script a couple days ago and ran it. And everything was fine. I was playing my Custom game(egosoft basic) and already had a high ranking with the Terrans. Jumping and flying in their sectors was not a problem. Untill i installed a script that forced the game to create the plots for the Custom Game and i did the Terran Plot. Now jumping into any Terran Sector except HE takes my frame rate from the upper 40's and 50's to 0. I also had the problem where starting a new game, the Terran one caused you to spawn with no shields or equipment or a high enough rating with the ATF.

So if anyone has any suggestions theyd be greatly appreciated.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 08:56

There is a known bug in the script that breaks new games. It has to do with the huge waits put into the script that for some reason does not allow the basic new game universe setup to run. Try reading this thread from the beginning to end and you will understand what I mean.

I dismantled the XML and re-wrote it from the ground up, to prevent new games from breaking. It is way too useful to let a small bug get it the way. Otherwise, a work around is to start the new game with the script disabled, save, quit, enable the script, and then it works fine.

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 20:54

Hmm. Ight, see if i can answer all this.

1. New games? How about games in progress? The game i had all the problems with was one i had already been playing for around 10 hours. Then installed this script. And a couple hours later added the Plots enabled script. And doing the terran plot, fighting the xenon in the terran sectors cause some sort of problem because they were fine before.
2. I read the thread beginning to end before i posted soo
3. Well, how about that new xml then? Cause thatd be awesome before i get to much further into my new game.

EDIT- Apparently it was the script i was using that started the plots in the custom game. I started the TOA to Jump Gate script after saving and quiting my USC Commander fresh start. Everythings been good so far

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 19:58

Updated to address the issues discussed here.

No longer runs at startup. Runs from plugin configuration menu. Requires Cycrow's Plugin Manager.

Added warnings about using on a new game where Terran relations are low.

Added "Cancel" option to menu.

Enjoy!

-Grax

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 20:05

Thanks for the update!

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 22:09

Graxster wrote:Updated to address the issues discussed here.

No longer runs at startup. Runs from plugin configuration menu. Requires Cycrow's Plugin Manager.

Added warnings about using on a new game where Terran relations are low.

Added "Cancel" option to menu.

Enjoy!

-Grax
Is this tested with the game plot?

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 01:27

I've been going through the Terran plot, no issues so far.

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 01:29

Good deal. Since ive added the script correctly (the last version) I've had a few glitches where the game just lags out in a few sectors and the HUD disipears. Mainly in Argon M148. A few others here and there. But mainly that one. Solution was usually to turn the camera away from something untill i got a stable frame rate again and saved the game exited and restarted.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 18:13

problem with this and the end of the terran plot:

The gates are placed at cardinal points, not in the original places of the TOAs. This unbalances station locations for some sectors (but less than having no gates)....

When you go to earth you are ONLY allowed to go from the gates, via a strict path and to the station and if you deviate...well they'll atomise you. The gate being in completely the wrong place (and intersecting the station for the mars one) means you are instantly in trouble and cannot complete the mission.

I'm trying to fix it by moving the gate to the correct location, but the problem is I don't know where it was. Can someone post the coordinates of the TOA?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 17:28

Tritous you must have done something wrong because all my jump gates are in the right place and i never got in trouble in the earth sector. So somethings wrong on your end most likely.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 3. Sep 12, 04:56

Has anyone tried this with Albion Prelude? I'm using the Gateless Jumpdrive script, and I can't jump to a sector that hasn't got a normal gate in it. :wink:

sabrehawk
xr

Post by sabrehawk » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 19:50

no menu item showing up for me in the current version of AP

i installed it using cycrows

its present in the game since i can find references to it in the script manager ingame

but theres no command in any of the plugin menus and since the updated
version requires it run manually and is not executed on startup , i dont
know how to run it.

im playing humble merchant plot

screenshot shows my currently installed stuff

i applied the TOA last ...and my game is quite progressed and i would hate
to screw it up...

http://snag.gy/LLcQl.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Egzael
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Convert Trans-Orbital Accelerators to Jump Gates [V2.0]

Post by Egzael » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 13:33

I know that is some Necromancy, but... someone have any idea why this mod do not work?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”