[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 08:00

LV wrote:I'll be toughening up the ship requirements next build so enjoy it while you can ;)
Hopefully not too much. Half of the stations that sell those jumpgate kits cannot dock big ships.

Anyway, using an Elephant, everything went fine. The script seems to build N gates first, at least as long as there aren't already two N gates in the sector. Connecting Aldrin2 with Elysium of Light was ideal for such a setup. The result was nearly a traffic collapse :D.

As an aside, I was surprised that the Xenon still fly to Neptune. Their target seems to be Earth, not another Xenon sector.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 17:32

for balance i may have them TL only, the wares can still be bought from another smaller ship and transferred as it seems to cheaty with the current options

i'm also looking at the possibility of throwing the odd ship off course as i found something by accident the other day which may let me do this while they are jumping but i have not tested the idea yet
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 17:50

LV wrote:i'm also looking at the possibility of throwing the odd ship off course as i found something by accident the other day which may let me do this while they are jumping but i have not tested the idea yet
While they use the new gates or if they have the kits in cargo while jumping to the sector for the gates?

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 18:08

I just wanted to report that the timer for gate building doesn't always work. For the first gate, everything went fine (15 mizuras wait time). I constructed two others later, and the announced wait times (33 and 15 mizuras, respectively) didn't happen, but the gates were built immediately. Not sure whether it's related, but my Elephant had more than the necessary 2 jumpgate kits on board.

Saethan
x3

Post by Saethan » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 08:16

Is there any way to determine ahead of time how much a connection is going to cost? Wanting to set up a gate from cloudbase SE to asteroid belt so all my nodes are connected, but no clue how much I need to save up.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 18:06

Saethan wrote:Is there any way to determine ahead of time how much a connection is going to cost? Wanting to set up a gate from cloudbase SE to asteroid belt so all my nodes are connected, but no clue how much I need to save up.
If you have bought 2 gate kits already you can tell the ship to setup the gates, the very last popup menu will want you to confirm that you want the gates setup and it will show the price.
If you don't have the money just select no and nothing will happen apart from you now knowing the cost.

HTH

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 14:05

I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with this script. When I place it into my game I get a ZA_blah_blah_blah appearing. If I remove it it will disappear. So I know that it is related to this script. If i am placing it in an already existing game do I need to kick something off in SE?

I do have EMP installed but I also have a good deal of other things installed including Apricot's Merge Mod. Ideas?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:19

LV will need to update this to work with the updated EMP.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:52

I don't have the new emp installed as the plugin manager already has it leaving me to believe i need to wait for cycrow to update the PM before i fix ;)
or i need to update the PM, have not checked yet
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 18:58

as of version 1.2 of PM lite; it uses the fixed version of EMP
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:57

Got it. I will wait for the update before I try to reinstall this mod again.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 18:08

I've installed PM 1.2 an it's still appears fine

go into plugin.lv.build.gate.setcom and tell me if you do not see this

Code: Select all

003   $nj = $ship -> get amount of ware Jumpgate Construction Software in cargo bay

:?:

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 03:32

Personally I am thinking that there is a conflict with your scripts and I a mod I have installed. I am going to be starting a new game soon and I plan to trim down the mods I have installed big time since many I do not seem to use. I will let you know if I still have issues.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

Teravin

Post by Teravin » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 18:14

Ok i've tried everything I could think of but i still can't even construct the gates. I have the Jumpgate Construction Software in my cargo bay (like 50 of them) and i've got 140mil credits but the Create gate command is still grayed out.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9971 ... orking.png

i used cheats to get the jumpgate software so i don't know if that effects it but i figured that it shouldn't. Or maybe it doesn't work in the custom X universe.

can you let me know if you have any idea of whats wrong?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 18:39

do what i said in my last post above or check your using a tm/tp/tl/m1

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 00:02

@LV: It is interesting because I checked the script and it does not have that line in it. Instead of saying Jumpgate Construction Software it has ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM7_2.

So what do you think that issue might be because that is exactly what is displayed. Do I just need to edit that file and make it say JumpGate Construction Software?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 01:00

that's an EMP issue, the plugin manager has the latest files for EMP and you usually need to activate it with all the mods you use installed in there proper folders and what not. When you activate the plugin manager it creates a Tware.pck which is a compilation of all the items and such currently installed... I can't remember exactly but Cycrow said something about this already

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 03:09

That is interesting. I am running the most recent beta of the Plugin Manager.

So which EMP is needed? Do I just need EMP or do I need EMP-X?

I tried with both and still get the same issue.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 16:57

dpadula if you click that ZA and open the var/ware option is the JCT in the list of wares to choose?

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 23:33

@LV: I am not sure what you are asking. Do you mean if I go to that Terran Station and select the product that says ZA does it give me the proper information?

***UPDATE***

So I am still not sure what you were asking but here is an update. I started a brand new game and used a cheat script. I created an Elephant and jacked up my rep in Terran Sectors. I docked in Jupiter and bought 2 of the ZA items. Then under commands it does show under General to Create Gate. I even tried to create the gates and it worked just fine and I was able to use it. So any idea?? I guess for me that means it is just not displayed the software name correctly.

FYI... I am using 2.7.1.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”