[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

StormRazor52
xr

Post by StormRazor52 » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 02:03

Got it, thanks for the input.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 01:13

The AMS mod should be in the mods directory (both files).

The zip should just unzip into the TC directory and create the other sub directories directly beneath it.

If the zip didnt unzip into the game properly, I'd like details of where you unzipped to, and a screen print from windows explorer showing the directory structure it created.

The jump off screen for the game should have the select mod option highlighted, go in there, click on the AMS mod, then ok, then start the game. To use the mod immediately, use the Argon Patriot start.

btw, this should have been posted on the AMS thread, and could a mod please move it there ?

Point taken, I seem to have not put any instructions on the OP. I'll rectify that presently.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 01:32

Instalation instructions added to the OP.

And the download link has been changed to the download site, and not the specific file, in preparation for v2.

Plans :

When the v2 patch is released, the AMS mod should be out for it within a day or so, real life permitting.

After v2, I plan to add in the Khaak, Pirate and Goner mods I did for X3R with game starts for each, and possibly a Xenon version. Not sure on timing though. All of them will be in the 1 mod, so what you play will depend on the game start you select.

Stoneface55

Gunbus and Beamdock

Post by Stoneface55 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 20:14

Apricotslice,
I just installed your AMS mod. bought the gunbus at light of heart shipyard, installed the default wares plus a transporter device, jumpdrive and ecells.
I tried using the beamdock on a Disco and it keeps telling me "command rejected".
I'm playing the custom game.

What am I doing wrong?

nevermind.
I deleted the game. Tired of it crashing to winsuk every time
I'm in a mission.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 09:14

M6 isnt a ship that Beamdock works on. It only works on TL, M1, M2 (with docking slots) and TM.

Just dock the M5 normally !

Whats "winsuk" mean ? If your game is crashing, then you have issues for technical support. Its highly unlikely the mod is causing this.

There are 2 missions where beamdock will cause a CTW. These are documented in my walkthroughs.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 05:55

Updated to TC v2. Please advise of any issues found.

Download AMS version 1.1 from my download site, link in signature.

Unzip into the directory above the TC directory.

PHQ patch is now numbered 08. If you have other patches 08 and above, renumber them upward by 1 before installing AMS 1.1.

Remember to reselect the new version of the mod before you begin playing the game again.

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 07:05

errm ok what exactly does this mod do (noob moment yes i know lol) just want to know completely other then my basic understanding...?
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 07:13

If you use the Argon Patriot start, it gives you a fleet to start with instead of a bit of tissue paper with popguns, on the basis that you already had a fleet from the previous game, and you didnt lose it, and are not starting again, but just continuing on with your previous game entity.

Any other start gets the normal tissue paper with popguns, but gives you access to buy the Apricot ships.

Gives you Apricot ships that can mount all guns and missiles, all sheilds, much bigger cargo bays and docking bays, and can be a lot faster.

Basically the idea is that the ships can be customised any way you want, to fit the way you play the game, and any performance problems you need to overcome. Like getting a blank ship with all the options and you can fill it in how you want.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 07:00

Version 1.11 just uploaded.

V2a text issue resolved.
Ships back in shipyards.
Minicar added to shipyards. (Must have forgotten it.)

rcso
x4

Post by rcso » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 19:22

ok I just got 1.1, a few ship names and commands are still scrambled. I'm new to your mod so I don't know what they're supposed to say/do. I'm steam so I'm still 1.4

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 04:32

The text file got stuffed up for 1.1, no idea how.

Download 1.11 and unzip over the top. If theres still something not looking right, let me know.

Zippgunn
x4

Using AMS saves from ver 1 in ver 1.11?

Post by Zippgunn » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:46

Hi,

Seems my saves from when I had XTC v1.4 with AMS 1 is not working in XTC 2 and AMS 1.11.

I can load load saves in XTC2 and AMS v1 mod but if I select v1.11 it loads almost complete and then stops with a message that says the save is corrupt.

I was able to test XTC2 and AMS1.11 by doing a new start.

Is there a way to fix this?

Please?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:52

o.oh.

I did notice something like that at first, but wasnt sure what caused it.

I have a horible suspicion I used the wrong ships. There was something I was experimenting with to allow all cap ships to board marines. I suspect the ships now have TC settings and the original mod had R settings for that field. Problem is, I cant reset it either.

I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.

Zippgunn
x4

Post by Zippgunn » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:57

It would be great if you were able to fix that, will wait and see for a while.
If you can't, I'll have to start a new game I guess.

"Clicks happen" :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 12:59

I'll try and look at it tomorrow.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 05:32

I've uploaded a separate version with "-oldships" on the end, that contains the original ship definitions.

As I thought, I was playing around with the ship type, and after I changed them once, I couldnt put them back the way they were due to TC changes in the file.

So I've recopied in the R versions.

Be warned though, the V2 version when it comes out, will probably not be backwards compatible, as I want all ships to be able to carry 20 marines and board with them.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

StressTest
x3tc

Post by StressTest » Fri, 8. May 09, 21:20

So what is the proper version of Apricot Mapping Service that we should be using with Terran Conflict 2?

I went through this thread and it appears there have been several updates to the version associated with the original post, so is X3TC-Apricot-Mapping-Service-Mod-v1.11 the proper file to use with this version of X3?

Please advise so that I don't waist the start of a new game.

Thanks for the hard work you've done in creating this mod, I used this mod in X3-Reunion and loved it, so again, Thank You!

StressTest

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:17

Hey AS, I was just wondering if this would work with the Race Response Fleet.

Thanks.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:41

love the mod apricotslice.
i'v added many of the other mods to it at times ( i restart a lot )
only prob i have is doking fighterd at the BattleCarrier can only dock my m6 but info says it holds 50? ships

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 8. May 09, 22:43

Gotta use the beam dock command.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”