[SCRIPT] Ware Hunter V1.1 beta [19.03.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Ware Hunter V1.1 beta [19.03.2009]

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 12:07

Ware Hunter

[ external image ]

Download as ZIP here: [ external image ]

Extract into X3TC games directory.

As Cycrow plugin: [ external image ]

You will require Cycrows Plugin Manager for the spk file.

Overview:

Ware hunter is a universal best/buy sell indicator for wares. However it differs slightly from other information tools in that it helps "MORT" abilities and self equipping. However the emphasis is that it is a manual trading system as opposed to an automated trading process.

For any ship that is equipped with the Trading system extension, then best buys locator and best selling price locator the Ware hunter will search the Universe for any sectors you have Satallite (Navigation or Advanced) or Navigation beacon. The Ware Hunter command can be found in the ship's trading menu.

It performs its search based on one specific ware at a time however as it is not intended to replace UTs or ESTs capabilities of searching for trading opportunities.

The search has two modes P = Price and J = Jumps. A Price search will look accross the whole network for the best buy/sell price whereas a Jump search will try to find the nearest sector possible.

Sensible checks are in place so that you can trade with relevant stations to find them in the search. Such that if you could dock and trade with them for the specific ware (including notoriety checks) then it will be included if within your Satallite/beacon network.

The Ware hunter menu then has options if you want to chase after the product, either for purchasing or selling. Checks here are different as you have to be capable of transporting the ware. It will ask for amounts, install equipment and in the case of shields ask if you wish to install them (keeping a surplus for cargo if specified). Weapons are not installed by default. And upgrades (engine tuning, rudder optimisation and cargo extension) are not included in these options at the present time. For selling or purchasing it will do checks for cargo, amounts etc.

As it uses buy/sell commands money is managed through the homebase if set or if not through players general funds. It does not check for sufficient funds on starting orders, rather relying on checks at time of transaction. This allows more flexibility for "Just in time" purchases.

Once given a specific instruction to buy or sell the ship will then attempt to carry out the order, jumping by default or flying there normally if jump conditions are not met. Energy requirements for Jump is supplied in the information before deciding. If conditions have changed it will still fly to the station but on arrival will halt buying or selling and report the change.

For the "Playership", no automatic trading is implemented but the commands can be used to travel to the identified station as above. It registers a hotkey for configuration for the Playership.

(Will try to upgrade with Ships orders tab appearing in the incoming message details. At the present time unsure if this is possible.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text file: 7812-L044
Command Trade 38

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Governed by Community rules:

This script is free to use as long as you say thankyou in your topic .
Last edited by pelador on Thu, 26. Mar 09, 09:11, edited 9 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 12:07

Version History

19.03.2009 V1.0 beta
19.03.2009 V1.1 beta now includes Price and Jump search mode criteria.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 16:22

V1.1 implemented.

Now includes the ability to select between two search mode criterea.

P = Price, search the whole network for best buy/sell price.

J = Jump, search the network for the nearest opportunities.

WDog
x3tc

Post by WDog » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 11:29

I like the the report menu its impressive :D I prefer its interactivity to using an incoming message.

Could you use the Yes No dialogue instead of asking for J or P :?

Also have you looked at a2069's library for selecting wares. I use the his universal wares locator and its impressive. Selecting a ware with his library is a single script call.

I would love to see his select wares menu with your results menu.

Extra menu options in the results menu to open a submenu with sorted Best sell locations, sorted Best Buy Locations and maybe the top 10 of both the Best Sells and Best Buys on one report.

Since I have been using the universal wares locator I have given up on UT's and just MORT till i get factories and start using CAG's. Your scripts look like it could make it even easier.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 12:27

WDog wrote:I like the the report menu its impressive :D I prefer its interactivity to using an incoming message.

Could you use the Yes No dialogue instead of asking for J or P :?

Also have you looked at a2069's library for selecting wares. I use the his universal wares locator and its impressive. Selecting a ware with his library is a single script call.

I would love to see his select wares menu with your results menu.

Extra menu options in the results menu to open a submenu with sorted Best sell locations, sorted Best Buy Locations and maybe the top 10 of both the Best Sells and Best Buys on one report.

Since I have been using the universal wares locator I have given up on UT's and just MORT till i get factories and start using CAG's. Your scripts look like it could make it even easier.
I'll try spend some time on it in the near future. It's mothers day and I'm treating my mother to a meal. That and working on my drones development may delay things, but I'll try to get some updates out.

I'll also talk with a2069, see if we cant collaborate on a best solution.

Do you have any prioritys for what you'd like done, I could do it in stages, but sounds like you need all of the above for best useage so may just be sensible waiting for a full revision. If a2069 is happy for me to use his code (not looked at it yet) and potentially allows me to 'plugin' to what I have done or vice versa, some of my code arrangements are adopted by a2069 then it may happen quicker.

WDog
x3tc

Post by WDog » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 12:30

No rush. When ever you get time.

Mothers are much more important than this. Hope she has a wonderful time.

I have made some personal changes to a2069 on the reporting side. I have yet to learn the custom menu stuff or any of the TC scripting improvements :roll:

I am familiar with the incoming message stuff and did a few format changes and added a top 10 to report that fitted on one screen except for the buttons. I have emailed him but did not ask for permission as its just a few tweaks for my use only.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 12:20

WDog,

Check out Teladi Information Service By ScRat. Translation from German forum.

From cursory viewing it may fulfill needs for a Universal locator and some MoRT abilities plus extra information provision. Aswell as some of the requested features you were looking for. If it fullfills your needs please let me know as since I havent been able to focus on this script due to other commitments if it provides an answer I can discontinue support for this script with the hopefull expectation ScRat can with more focus.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 16:42

WDog wrote:...I have made some personal changes to a2069 on the reporting side. I have yet to learn the custom menu stuff or any of the TC scripting improvements :roll:

I am familiar with the incoming message stuff and did a few format changes and added a top 10 to report that fitted on one screen except for the buttons. I have emailed him but did not ask for permission as its just a few tweaks for my use only.
can this refine script be share out?

becos the other recommending alternative is stated conflicting with another script (bulk transporter) which i not gonna miss

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”