Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kayahr
x4

Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

Post by kayahr » Sun, 15. Mar 09, 23:54

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Xadrian is a Factory Complex Calculator for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude. It is a platform-independant Java Application which uses the native Look-and-Feel of the operating system and therefor is easy to understand and intuitive to use. But it requires at least an installed Java 6 runtime environment. Visit the website of Xadrian to learn more about it.

[ external image ] Last update: 2013/05/28
[ external image ] Current version: 1.5.1
[ external image ] Links: Website | Changelog | German thread
[ external image ] Follow Xadrian: Twitter | Google Plus

If you like Xadrian, please consider making a small donation to support my work on free software like this. Thank you!

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 22. May 21, 23:24, edited 18 times in total.
Reason: adjust github links (.com -> .io)

GrahamAtome
x3tc

Post by GrahamAtome » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 00:39

Thank you, the online CC is offline looks like the domain has not been renewed

musicalfruit
x3tc

Post by musicalfruit » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 15:46

GrahamAtome wrote:Thank you, the online CC is offline looks like the domain has not been renewed
They moved here http://grangegame.co.uk/x3tcocc.html

Great little app kayahr, love the fuction that adds the necessary base factories, and the nearest shipyard info :thumb_up:

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 17:20

musicalfruit wrote:
GrahamAtome wrote:Thank you, the online CC is offline looks like the domain has not been renewed
They moved here http://grangegame.co.uk/x3tcocc.html
They moved from there, that's the old 1.7.0 version.

The complex calculator looks good, but you may want to rewrite the website. Not many mac and windows users will know what binaries and sources are or which one they want.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 17:51

Thank you.
I whas waiting for somehing like this for a while now.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 17:54

Thank you :thumb_up:

I love the print option,now I can plan my factorys on paper :D

EphemeralDeception

Post by EphemeralDeception » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 19:23

1st impression is at this application is very well written.

I am really impressed by the interactive universe/sector map that shows all 'roids etc. Super cool !!
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 19:57

Well done. How easy is it to change? I am not a beta tester for TC2.0 but I understand Terran factories are to be purchasable. :D

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 20:12

This does look really useful.

The nearest shipyard for purchase and stock levels is a noticable useful additional feature.

Possible upgrade: Could it be possible to mark a factory as owned allready, thus removing it from the shopping list? This would allow improved planning for stages in how a complex may evolve.

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 22:25

Wolf-R1 wrote:How easy is it to change? I am not a beta tester for TC2.0 but I understand Terran factories are to be purchasable. :D
Data is kept in XML files which can be auto-generated by a dump script inside the game. So when I got the update (which can take a while because I'm a poor Steam user...) and everything works as planned then I will be able to finish a new TC2.0 compatible Xadrian version in no time.

freddiel
x3tc

Post by freddiel » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 04:24

Great application kayahr, thank you.

It is amazing how so many people have worked so hard to make this game even more enjoyable by creating various applications, scripts and maps etc.

Once again, thank you for all you hard work and efforts. :thumb_up:
X3 TC 3.2
Bringing peace to the Commonwealth with overwhelming fire power.

Why is there so much month left at the end of the money?

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 07:57

pelador wrote:Possible upgrade: Could it be possible to mark a factory as owned allready, thus removing it from the shopping list? This would allow improved planning for stages in how a complex may evolve.
I could add two more columns in this table ("Buyed" and "Needed" or something like this) and +/- buttons in each row. Clicking the "+" button increases the value in the "buyed" column and decreases the value in the "needed" value. In that way you can mark already buyed factories and can always see how many you still have to buy.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 12:52

kayahr wrote:I could add two more columns in this table ("Buyed" and "Needed" or something like this) and +/- buttons in each row. Clicking the "+" button increases the value in the "buyed" column and decreases the value in the "needed" value. In that way you can mark already buyed factories and can always see how many you still have to buy.
That function sounds just the thing, "Bought" and "Needed" though :)

Would be nice if the price was reduced when "Bought" (i.e. 0 when all bought), then the total would reflect the amount still left to spend.

Another nice addition would be the ability to save the path where files are saved/opened, thus not having to select the correct directory every time the program is first opened.

Great work though. nice interface.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 22:17

ianrobo75 wrote:Another nice addition would be the ability to save the path where files are saved/opened, thus not having to select the correct directory every time the program is first opened.
I didn't have this problem. Running in Windows and I double clicked the actual EXE. Worked fine.

If you're in Windows and using a shortcut then try setting the "start in" directory in the shortcut. If you're using a Mac or Linux - sorry, can't help.

Kayahr - really nice piece of software :) Thanks.

Tim

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 22:31

perkint: Some misunderstanding here, I'm running vista, program starts up and runs fine. I was referring to files saved within the application, e.g. when you select 'File->Open', on my PC the directory defaults to my documents folder but I saved my files in a completely different folder. If I do a further 'Open' then the folder defaults to the folder last opened from, i.e. the one I want to open from . However, if I restart the application the folder defaults to my documents again.
Rather a bad explanation I know, I hope that was clear enough though..

edit: btw, why can't the in game sector selection work like Xadrian's sector filter, it works great and it's not rocket science!
Last edited by ianrobo75 on Tue, 17. Mar 09, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 22:34

Ah, got you. You're right - I had misunderstood.

Have that same problem with shed loads of software and I do find it frustrating.

Not actually reloaded anything in this one yet, otherwise I'd probably have realised what you meant without an extra explanation :oops:

Tim

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 06:58

ianrobo75 wrote:However, if I restart the application the folder defaults to my documents again.
This is pretty easy and will be fixed in the next version.

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 07:55

oh, this calculator works like a charm. great job. finally an easy way to save my complexes wthout getting a full bookmarks folder, and the auto-completion function is great.

The only thing that could improve it is indicate the mines in the loop when you auto-complete it (if you have filled in a sector it should know which roids are there to use).

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 09:16

Tha_reaper wrote:The only thing that could improve it is indicate the mines in the loop when you auto-complete it (if you have filled in a sector it should know which roids are there to use).
What if you have mobile mined the roids beforehand or got bored and went missile crazy?

I beleive the application is using start data rather than saved game data. Which also raises interesting questions about wether destroyed Shipyards will then obviously still be included for nearest available. But considering that unless you use an invasion/sector takeover mod it will be unlikley to incurr significant adjustments from start defaults.

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 09:59

pelador wrote:I beleive the application is using start data rather than saved game data.
Correct. The dump was made right after starting a new standard game (Terran Defender).
pelador wrote:Which also raises interesting questions about wether destroyed Shipyards will then obviously still be included for nearest available.
Yes, they are still there then because Xadrian has no connection to savegames. But shipyards are rebuild after some time at the same location, aren't they? Mined asteroids are definitely re-spawned after some time. I built a complex in a sector which had Nividium asteroids and mined these asteroids before building the complex. I also had to destroy one other asteroid because it was in the way. After the complex was finished all these asteroids re-spawned.

So automatically considering the asteroids in the sector for the base complex calculation may be a good idea for a future version.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”