[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Johanus

[REQ] a weaker Apricot Mule

Post by Johanus » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 12:13

Hello. Apricot, I love your Apricot Mules, M5s with a 5K cargo bay.

Is there any way you, or someone, could modify these ships so that they are not overpowered and are balanced for use in regular TL class ships?
So like the same thing they are now but without all the guns and not as much shielding. Is that too hard or can it be done?

Thanks.

{Forum Rule #12: feedback about mod into the thread of the mod. Merging (and I had to guess where to, since "Mules" are not listed in Community Library). jlehtone}

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 14:17

Well the whole idea is you choose how strong it is.

You can still load 2 1mj shields on it, restrict it to normal M5 speed, and only put 4 ires on it.

If your scripting a ship in, choosing to pre-load it will automatically make it the strongest it can be.

But if your buying it from a shipyard, what you put on it is your own choice.

You also dont need to use the loadout command either, as this does also add the maximums.

The whole idea of the mod was to give you a good choice of what you want to use it as.

The only thing you cant change is the cargo space, everything else is up to you.

apricotslice
x4

Re: [REQ] a weaker Apricot Mule

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 01:04

(and I had to guess where to, since "Mules" are not listed in Community Library). jlehtone}
Correct guess :D

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 06:15

How's it going Apricot, got two questions for ya.

1- I use cbeam all the time, but when my cargobay is full I get the message "we are being hailed" then when I open up the message log all I get is "readtext 8818-1". Is there any way I can fix that?

2- Any luck with the "beam in astronaut" hotkey not repeating itself?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 07:09

1. Erk. That came out of the original script and I never transfered the text item. Basically it means, "You do not have room in your cargo bay for this container.".

I've added it to my language file for future updates.

2. No idea at all. The code is identical to cbeam and dbeam, and yet abeam is the only one still doing this. Its on the top of my list of things to figure out, but I cant see anything different to be a possible cause.

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:19

This is the first X3 mod I have tried to use so forgive me if this question seems a little stupid.

When I went to install this mod I was a little confused about how it is installed, as there were no instructions included in a readme. So I thought I should just extract everything into the X3:TC directory but was just a little alarmed when it asked me to overwrite some files already there so I stopped extracting the .zip.

Am I supposed to overwrite the files it prompts me to? If not, then how is it installed?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:51

Yes, just unzip into the TC directory. Everything should just be put into its correct place below there.

The prompt would be because its unzipping into the scripts directory, whihc already exists.

There is only 1 replaced script, and thats the UT setup script.

Everything else is new material.

If you wish to double check first, unzip it into a temp directory and move things accross manually.

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 15:46

It's me again...

It's asked me to replace a number of files, but the ones that stick out are the ones called 07 that it asks me to replace, are they the method you used to create the "fake patch"?

The ones that already exist are larger then the the ones in your mod. I made a backup before replacing them, but I'm wondering if it a problem associated with another set of scripts I added with x3 plug in manager before I tried to add your mod.

Thanks for the quick and polite response by the way, I really appreciate it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 00:34

If you already have an 07, then you have a mod in place already as a false patch.

It depends what it is as to if it will conflict or not.

The 07 in my mod is the PHQ cargo extension.

The other scripts that might already exist are likely Cycrows hotkey manager, and any script that is in my mod, that you already have installed.

What scripts have you already installed ?

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:11

Just the X3TC Cheat Package by Cycrow (because I wanted to have some fun without consequences before playing the game properly).

Also when I was in the mastodon I couldn't buy any stations it kept telling me to buy a TL class ship.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:14

Is the Masterdon docked at a shipyard ?

James_the_Sane

Post by James_the_Sane » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:36

Oops silly me, I wasn't docked.

It all seems to be working fine then, thanks for the help apricotslice.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 05:38

:lol:

markbond

how to install and use the JUMP TO DERELICT SCRIPT

Post by markbond » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 12:14

Hi

was wondering if anyone can advise on how to install the spk file for the jump to derelict ship script and how to use it in game. I haven't tried it yet as i am in work .

Thanks

Mark

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 12:19

Spk's are installed using Cycrows Plugin Manager program which needs to be downloaded and installed on your pc. (You can download it from my download site (link in signature), but be aware its only a beta version at this point and isnt complete yet. It will do the job of installing scripts though.)

Jump to derelict puts a command on the nav menu, and when you activate it, it jumps you to a random derelict ship. If there are none, you go nowhere.

MisterV
x3

Post by MisterV » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 12:33

Hey apricotslice, I just wanted to say thanks for everything you've done to make new players' lives easier :)

I'll use my noob privilege of asking a stupid question... allright? :D
Is it normal that ships' names and some other stuff appear as ReadText***** and SS_WARE_NEW_** in non-english game versions? Can anything be done to correct that?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 13:51

I've only ever done mods for english versions, as I only know 3 languages - English, Bad English and Cobol. Since cobol isnt a game language, and bad english isnt really necessary in the mod, that just leaves english.

If someone would like to translate the language file, they are very welcome.

There is a an upgrade in planning. When I can get gamestarts working, I aim to provide the Khaak, Pirate and Goner Mods as starts in the same mod, and am thinking of a Xenon one as well. So the language file then, will grow a bit with the new start info.

But if someone want to translate the files, I'll include them.

I dont think anyone has asked that question before :) So nothing stupid about it.

JCanning
x3tc

Post by JCanning » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 10:52

Isn't COBOL a dead language like Latin and not really spoken anymore? ;)

Seriously, thank you very much for all you do with AMS. I was hoping you could do us one favor, and I apologize if I missed it. I'm really wanting to get rid of the multiple Astronaut Hotkey prompts in the Interface menu. I *think* it's due to transposing abeam and hotkey in the abeam script, but I have no idea how to clean up the menu once the damage is done.

Thanks!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 11:04

Unfortunately neither do I, other than to start a new game. :(

If anyone can point out where the error still is, I'll rectify it.

In theory, moving to Cycrows hotkey manager should have solved the problem, but although all 3 look identical, 1 of them still creates hotkeys and I dont know why.

Cobol incidently, isnt dead, but it isnt really mainstream anymore either.

JCanning
x3tc

Post by JCanning » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 12:23

I know not what I'm talking about but isn't the error ams.abeam.abeam instead of ams.abeam.hotkey in setup.apricot.abeam; but changing the transposed variable in setup.apricot.remove.hotkey doesn't seem to do the trick.

(Yes, I stared at this issue for a while...) :)

One other question, since I have your attention. Is beam dock implemented. (I see the script, but I've never used it before.) What I'm really wondering is how to get 20 mules on a battlecarrier.

Again thank you very much for all the hard work!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”