Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 02:22

I've actually done a mod for XTM, but I'm still waiting for beta feedback.

But whichever way you do it, the ships you have now will have to be sold and new ones either created or bought. I dont think there is any way around this.

The problem is that XTM overwrites the positions in the ship file and the position within the file is what the program uses to reder the ship from. By modding the shiops back to the end of the file either by a new mod or the ship installer, the slot in the file itself is changed, but the ships already in the game are not. This accounts for why the existing ships change.

I'd suggest you change ships to an ego ship. Save the fittings from your Apricot ships, destroy them, recreate them using the cheat create ships script, then put the fittings back on. Then choose what to do with extra fittings the create ship script will give you, either destroy them or use them as a bonus.

The download for the beta XTM version of the Apricot Mod is currently http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/Ap ... or_XTM.zip

It was done on someones request, but since I'm not running XTM, it has not yet been extensively tested, and so not released yet. It also includes a start save, so the download is the size of a save game, about 8mb from memory. Its designed to run as a mod, where XTM is a false patch (10), and the PHQ also is modified with the plans for the Apricot ships and more space and runs as a false patch after XTM (11).

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 03:01

Thanks for the help, I had just started on trimming the fleet on the chance that there was no way forward, looks like I will just continue and press on.

I will try your beta though as I learn a little bit everytime.

Luckily I have several archives that I can just copy each time to restart.

Thanks again and if you still want any beta feedback I'll send, otherwise I'll just press with re-fitting my fleet.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 05:52

Please post any feedback here. When someone can confirm that it works without major issues, I'll make the download available off the main download page.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 06:13

I noticed there wasn't a readme?

Will I run into the same problem as before, in that in order to load XTM you have to use the script installer, which if you use the new 2.0 installer will still require to select the installer as active mod. which means I won't be able to select the Apricot mod at the same time?

Have you ever entertained making the Apricot ships as a fake patch as well versus full mod?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 11:29

I guess I forgot to do a readme.

I didnt actually install XTM on my game. I downloaded the spk, then unpacked it into a different place (created a new directory, copied the X3 exe into it, then selected that directory to install the spk into). Under the directory structure there somewhere is the 10.cat/dat files of XTM and I moved them to X3 directory for testing my mod.

So I didnt see how the mod is installed normally.

I'm guessing, but if XTM installs into the /mods directory, then rename it as 10.cat/dat and copy into the X3 directory. The rest of the install should be ok. Then select my mod as the mod to use.

Yes, my mod can be installed as a false patch, but only AFTER XTM is installed as a false patch. eg. XTM would be 10, and Apricot would have to be 11, and my phq as 12 (if you use it). But I havent tested it that way. It wont work running my mod as a false patch and XTM as a mod, as xtm would then overwrite all of what my mod does.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 11:42

I've had no problems reported from those who have downloaded the XTM version, so its now downloadable next to the original version on the download page.

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 19:21

Have you changed ships? Relevant for a change of the XSP files therefore something?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 02:37

If you mean are there any ship conflicts ? No.

The XTM version uses the ship file from XTM with my ships added on the end and my scripts changed to use the new slots. Its the only way ship mods can be made compatible.

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 07:15

Sorry, expressed wrongly :oops: . My English is not the best one. :D Of course I know this :roll: .
Thought I whether there are changes at the ships themselves, so this I should make an update for the XSP files? However, I do not think or?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 07:31

The Gunbus and Camel are the same as the xsp ships. But V2 mod has 3 other ships in it now, that have not been converted to xsp. An M1, TL, and Freighter version of the disco. The mod also has some tweaks to tractor range, pbe range and hit power, and has a HQ definition that includes the building specs for all 5 of the Apricot version ships.

So if you have been using just the xsp ships, the mod gives a lot more than the just the ships.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Mar 08, 05:19

New Version !!!!

Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a is now available for download.

See the OP for details.

Please report any problems or issues here please.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 07:33

I've done an XTM version of v3a as well.

Download from the same place, via OP.

It assumes you have X3v2.5 installed, XTM 7a as false patch 10.cat/dat and the XTM patch in the spk as 11.cat/dat.

It installs a new PHQ definition as 12.cat/dat.

Let me know if you have any issues.

I'm working on a start file for XTM based on the Explorer start. But I'll take direction on what to include in it if anyone wants anything specific to start with.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 04:50

Okay,

Here's my results.

1 - Appears to function okay using the install procedures. Ships were available in the shipyards and the PHQ was at Boron SY.

Note: The text in readme "Unzip download file to X3 directory" may not work for everyone. I tried it with WNIZIP/7Zip/Winrar and "I" could not get it to put the files directly into the X3 folders. You will have to say "copy the included files into their respective X3 folders" i.e. its a manual installation.

2 - There appears to be one READtext error in the Commands/Custom tab. It was not there until Apricot Mod added.

COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_20 READText=2011-720

3 - This MOD and the Plugin Manager. As soon as you use the Plugin Manager to install the 7.3 scripts, the PluginManager will be listed as a selectable mod in X3 start tab. If you need to add ships using the Ship Installer of the PM, I don't know if you'll be able to since you can only select one mod at a time. I could be wrong, but needs a check.

4 - It looks like you will not be able to import Version 2 ships into a new XTM start. The version 3 has changed the ships and the X3-converter is importing the old ones so they have no reference in a Version 3 game.

It nuked every Version2 Apricot ship I had. I can assume that I'd get the same result if Version3 mod on top of my currently "shipinstaller" version2 ships, and also I wouldn't be able to "select" the ship installer at start X3 anymore anyway.

5 - And just a personal experience even with Ver2. If you use Ashley's factories and the Extended Complex HUB, your Masterdon's may not be able to undock because they are overtuned too much for the exit. Their steering is too high and allows them to start their pivot before they have cleared the hub. I had to take their turning back down to Argon Mammoth spec.

Masterdon Approach
Masterdon Parked
Masterdon Pivot

So for most it should work with those caveats, for me though, I'll have to settle for extracting the new Ver3 ships and ShipInstall them along with my existing ver2.

Cheers

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 05:24

1. Cant say I noticed that with WinZip.

2. 720 is the container slurper from LV. Remove the gbeam scripts and it will work again. Gbeam is my version of his original script, only I removed the range constraints so if its on scanner, it gets slurped.

As I said, the mod contains my versions of quite a few scripts. Beamdock in the mod for instance also works for all scanner range, where the actual spk doesnt. :)

3. No offence to cycrow who built a great product, the more I see the plugin manager the less inclined I am to use it. It made my Salvage mod something unchangable because it changed my source files on me without warning.

You cant run plugin manager and a mod. Personally, I think its much neater to do the mod yourself, but then, I've had a bit of experience now.

If you are only using apricot ships, then delete the plugin manager file and just use the mod.

As I said, I'd like to see your plugin manager file so I can see how its organised within. It might be possible to structure the mod the same way as a special version.

If your using other ships, then I guess thats the way to continue. Although all I need is the tships and tcockpit entries and adding them to the mod for a special version would be simple.

4. I'd be surprised if it could handle 2 different versions of another mod. I cant say I've looked at this, as I had no real reason to keep going with the old game.

5. I never dock a TL while in sector. Same with M1 and M2 if I'm not driving them. The AP isnt good enough to trust. If I need to be there too, I jump in after they are docked, and jump out before they undock. Actually, considering I was a big part of the discussion that created the extended hub, I've never actually used it.

Thanks for trying it :)

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 13:00

This sounds like exactly what I want, but I'm bit confused by what's actually included. Are the two M6 cargo ships and the M6 UT / pick up wares commands availabe as separate downloads?

By the way I'm using XTM mod.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 13:52

The 2 M6 ships are available as xsp's. You will need Cycrows ship installer to use them.

The M6 commands is a separate script.

Access via my HQ from the link in my signature.

If you install my XTM mod, you can buy both M6's at Argon shipyards. The Extension commands are available immediately. You can ignore the other ships if you want, and the other commands.

If you want to select scripts, the readme has a list of whats included. Unzip into a temp directory, copy the mod over, then copy only the scripts you want.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 23. Sep 08, 14:04

Before anyone asks about Terren Conflict and will the Gunbus Mod be compatible with it, ........

I've just seen the specs for Terren Conflict, and its very unlikely my existing computer will run it. Barely enough memory, and I doubt I have enough disc space left for it. And the processor is probably going to be very borderline. Since I use a Notebook, upgrading is very unlikely.

Consequently, the short answer to the Gunbus mod being upgraded to Terren conflict is..... No, not in the short to middle term.

Sorry about that. :cry:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 11:39

I've discovered that X3TC will run on my computer (albiet badly), so I will be working to redo this mod for TC after all. :D

So stay tuned ! :lol:

dralk
x4

Post by dralk » Fri, 1. May 09, 00:58

quick question is the for X3R of X3TC the link takes me to a tc download?
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 1. May 09, 10:35

The links for X3R are well down the page. Bypass the TC info and look for the original R mod links.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”