[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:13

Dungeoncrawler wrote:Thanks for the mod. I was thinking that what you suggested about npc salvage ships would truely compliment this piece of fine work and make it a little more 'balanced'. Are you still planning on this feature?
Yes, this is my next task, aside from general tweaking and balancing as I get feedback.

asser69 wrote:I just looked through all my old x3R stuff to see my notes at what i had that one set and of course thats one of the scripts i dont see anymore.
20 is probly good and low enough for me, some reason i think i had it set at 35 or 15 when i useta play (been almost a year.
One issue is that the formula used is quite different from xfir01s BSE equations, so settings in that script don't transfer to this one.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep 'em coming!

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:27

Ok, it might be a few day's before i can get more testing in. Gotta jet for tonight/tommorow then F3 in 2 day's might make it rough.

Although was thinking in the shower, that when you do get some type of scavenger's worked into the script, then the current %'s should be fine.

I like to try to keep a clean galaxy so im always salvageing if i see empty ships, but i just cant bear to shoot up one, so npc salvagers would take care of that! ;)

Just as long as they dont eat up the "free" ships which are around the place at the start of a game.

On a side note, the M.A.R.S. script works great with the goblins on it for pulling shipsclose to you that were bailed out of.

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 03:03

Can I assume that in the new 1.01 bailing rate will be slower than in 1.00 ? Aka will I still have between 5 and 10 ships bailed every time I join a sector ?

I may want to test it back but only if this was reduced. Last time I spent more than an hour cleaning the sectors.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 04:19

Definitely needs to be other people claiming ships, if anything to clean up sectors after massive battles. I accepted a 'Very Hard' patrol mission yesterday, and killed a few ships, jumped away as it was ridiculously hard for me in my nova. i then did a few more missions about the universe and bought a Hydra, kitted it out and flew around to a while longer in between installing this script. I then jumped back to the patrol mission sector of Aladna Hill, and the entire sector was absolutely *littered* with derelict ships. I don't even have the patience to capture all of those adrift ships, there are that many. I hadn't actually modified the percentage, so i guess it was still on default. I have now reduced it to 20% so that might make it more balanced for the future.

One more thing though, i also cannot download the update from the provided link.

Loving the script idea in general though, adds an additional layer of realism for me, thanks very much!

[Edit]: Nevermind, i can download now. Sometimes this forum gives me the 'DOWNLOAD' button, and it won't work, other times i just get
"http://hyperfileshare.com/d/aadc3c56 http://www.egosoft.com/img/button_download.gif", and it does work.
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 04:23

lepidosteus wrote:Can I assume that in the new 1.01 bailing rate will be slower than in 1.00 ? Aka will I still have between 5 and 10 ships bailed every time I join a sector ?

I may want to test it back but only if this was reduced. Last time I spent more than an hour cleaning the sectors.
Yes, the bailing rate is non-linear now, and there is some randomness. The formula is quite different..

Generally speaking, less ships will bail in v1.1 with the same option selected as in v1.0. But more than that, there is a much larger discrepancy between the settings now. The difference between e.g. 40% and 60% is much greater in v1.1 than it was v1.0. With the setting at 20% hardly any ships should bail.

Please let me know if you try it out which setting works best for you.

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 08:14

I played a couple of hours on 20%, although it was less battle intensive than last time I can already say that the bailing is definetly better and looks like what I expected from the script: ships derelicts aren't a "mandatory freebie" when you join a sector but rather a nice bonus you can sometimes find ... And most of times not.

Couple of thoughts:

- I've read in some previous posts something suggesting that your script affects not only npc vs npc IS and OOS battle, but also battle between the player and its opponents. Is that true ? If yes, how easy would it be to disable it (or at the very least give it a distinct bailling rate) ? If that's possible, I would want a much slower rate of bailing for npc vs npc that for player vs enemy (game's default rate works for me in PvE).

- If you add derelicts scavengers, please either make it another script (requiring this one) or allow us to deactivate them. As I said, I don't care about racing for ships and all, I just wan't some nice lost treasures here and there, so for me scavengers would kill the fun.

- So far the claim issue seems either fixed or reduced, haven't had a single issue with it when I tried in 100% rate for testing. Will report if it comes back.

Soryy for all the options asking, but I guess this is something that every one enjoys in a different way, and since you seem to actually listen ... :wink:

Great work, and thanks again for this script. I will report back when I will have a chance to play again in some heavy battles (which shouldn't take long, considering the career I'm taking ... gotta love those Cutlass :D)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 11:25

Great feedback, thanks.
lepidosteus wrote: - I've read in some previous posts something suggesting that your script affects not only npc vs npc IS and OOS battle, but also battle between the player and its opponents. Is that true ? If yes, how easy would it be to disable it (or at the very least give it a distinct bailling rate) ? If that's possible, I would want a much slower rate of bailing for npc vs npc that for player vs enemy (game's default rate works for me in PvE).
Yes, when you personally attack an enemy the same script is fired,as well as the possibility of normal bailing. You mention you want bailing more often with player vs. NPC, well that is the effect this will have. An option to not run NPC Bail Addon if the attacker is the playership is easy to add, though, if that's what you wanted?

lepidosteus wrote: - If you add derelicts scavengers, please either make it another script (requiring this one) or allow us to deactivate them. As I said, I don't care about racing for ships and all, I just wan't some nice lost treasures here and there, so for me scavengers would kill the fun.
Yes, I was thinking yesterday I would release as an independent script, but with strong ties to this one (since NPC salvagers wouldn't be much use without this script). So not to worry.

lepidosteus wrote: - So far the claim issue seems either fixed or reduced, haven't had a single issue with it when I tried in 100% rate for testing. Will report if it comes back.
Awesome, thanks for testing that out.

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 11:34

Hi,

Been using this script for the past day or so, excellent piece of work!

Everything is working very well, just 1 issue though.

Any way you could add a timer to the bailed ships so they are removed after a (user determined if possible) set period of time? I've got close to 100 bailed ships lying idle around the universe and this keeps expanding, there is no way I could claim them all without some sort of remote claiming device.

Regards,
Mufflink.
When in doubt.......cheat.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 12:16

mufflink wrote: Any way you could add a timer to the bailed ships so they are removed after a (user determined if possible) set period of time? I've got close to 100 bailed ships lying idle around the universe and this keeps expanding, there is no way I could claim them all without some sort of remote claiming device.
Oh dear, I considered this might be an issue, but I hoped the engine would take care of that automatically. As I've mentioned before, my preferred solution to such issues is to have NPC salvager ships to clear up the mess. But that might not be for a while. As a stop-gap solution I will add some sort of timer in, as you ask, asap.

milp

Post by milp » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 14:37

My 2 cents on this are:

- Add an optional Salvage claim software please, yesterday i had an Elephant (Stationtransporter) Bail, and a Xenon P and i had no way of claiming them because im too stupid to use the Marine bailing (does it even work with stationtransporters?), i didnt manage to hold down the shields while my ship launches marines or whatever, this is too complicated for idiots like me :(

- Id say the Equipment damage variable should be more of a priority in the script, capping ships without equipment on them is almost useless in my eyes, ships are easy to get, the real reward is usually whats inside.

Thats all, great script so far!

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 17:31

- Add an optional Salvage claim software please, yesterday i had an Elephant (Stationtransporter) Bail, and a Xenon P and i had no way of claiming them because im too stupid to use the Marine bailing (does it even work with stationtransporters?), i didnt manage to hold down the shields while my ship launches marines or whatever, this is too complicated for idiots like me
Instead of reinventing the wheel all over again, use cycrow's cheat package, target the ship, open cheat menu, "take ownership".

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 02:36

Update v1.2

NOTE: uninstall any previous version before installing this one.

:arrow: There are now more bail rate options (10%, 20%, 30%, ..., 90%, 100%). Please let me know which setting you personally use - it helps in future balancing.

:arrow: Bail rate now has much higher disparity between the settings. At 20% bail rate there is no difference between v1.2 and v1.1, but at all other settings there is now an exponential difference (in my testing I found that the difference between the settings was very small in v1.1).

:arrow: There is a new config option to configure equipment damage rate. There are only two possibilities: "Default" or "Extra". "Default" is as it was in previous versions. "Extra" will keep more equipment depending on hull damage. I would appreciate feedback on this.

:arrow: Ships will now explode after spending 2 hours unclaimed.

:arrow: For extra tuning, the more technically minded can check out a bunch of code in plugin.npcbail.bail.xml at the bottom of the script, which is currently commented out. If you uncomment these lines, you will get subtitle messages telling you: how many ships have bailed since you loaded your savegame; how many seconds have passed since you loaded; and how many ships per min and per hour have bailed.

Soon be tweaked enough to take the 'beta' tag off the name... But need your feedback!

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 03:01

Apologies to those 4 people that downloaded v1.2, please redownload.

There was an error in the t file meaning some of the new bail rate options would display "20%" instead of the actual percent - the option still works correctly though, it was just the text that was wrong.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 03:25

Ditto again, found a last minute bug in the script (equipment damage option didn't work). Sorry if this is the third time you have downloaded this version. My noob mistake, apologies again.

milp

Post by milp » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 04:16

Hm you said the old versions should be uninstalled, how exactly do i properly uninstall the old scripts?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 04:29

milp wrote:Hm you said the old versions should be uninstalled, how exactly do i properly uninstall the old scripts?
Use Cycrow's plugin manager an click uninstall... or just delete the files if you extracted seperately. It's not a critical issue, there will just be redundant script files not being used for anything if you don't uninstall first.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 04:33

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update v1.2

NOTE: uninstall any previous version before installing this one.

:arrow: There are now more bail rate options (10%, 20%, 30%, ..., 90%, 100%). Please let me know which setting you personally use - it helps in future balancing.

:arrow: Bail rate now has much higher disparity between the settings. At 20% bail rate there is no difference between v1.2 and v1.1, but at all other settings there is now an exponential difference (in my testing I found that the difference between the settings was very small in v1.1).

:arrow: There is a new config option to configure equipment damage rate. There are only two possibilities: "Default" or "Extra". "Default" is as it was in previous versions. "Extra" will keep more equipment depending on hull damage. I would appreciate feedback on this.

:arrow: Ships will now explode after spending 2 hours unclaimed.

:arrow: For extra tuning, the more technically minded can check out a bunch of code in plugin.npcbail.bail.xml at the bottom of the script, which is currently commented out. If you uncomment these lines, you will get subtitle messages telling you: how many ships have bailed since you loaded your savegame; how many seconds have passed since you loaded; and how many ships per min and per hour have bailed.

Soon be tweaked enough to take the 'beta' tag off the name... But need your feedback!

Very Nice work... Really adds to the game and the new features really give it some configurability..
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 08:59

Groooovvvyyyyy.

Love where this script is going .... top notch :)

Will test tonight after work.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Vandrine

Post by Vandrine » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 14:04

Going to give this sucker a try when I get home! Sounds great.

One thing with the scavangers going round (when you do the seperate script), would it be possible to hire one or two yourself to go round the sectors collecting ships on your behalf? Say they go out claim the ship for you, dock it, and when they're full drop them all off to a designated point?
Or am I getting ahead of myself here? :D

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 21:51

ThisIsHarsh wrote: One thing I ultimately want to do is add NPC salvager ships to compete with. It seems unrealistic the player is the only salvager in the galaxy, given the money to be made. I suppose something similar will have to be done with boarding parties, but that's a much much more complex problem.
There were salvager ships in X3R, but I only saw them in sectors with very frequent combat. (ex: Split sectors boarding Kha'ak in XTM)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”