[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

milp

Post by milp » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 15:28

999-JAY-999 wrote:You could get away with the 20% chance if there were other NPC's taking away the ships that bail....

Otherwise there is going to be far too many EASY ships to grab for cash.
Thats why i say that we need a configuration menu. I personally dont want balancing, i want 90% of the ships to bail. ;)

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:37

Legionnaire wrote:Another possible way of doing it, would be to perhaps limit the number of NPC v's NPC bails to a certain number per time period.

because in my opinion not having npc's bail unless your in system sort of defeats the purpose of the script.

Also due to the fact of boarding parties i dont think M6's upwards should be allowed to Bail, as with these being military ships the pilots should be aggressive and unlikely to abondon ship, plus the military would quickly run out of pilots for desertion cos abandoning a big ship with hull left would probably be classed as a capital offence.

Legionnaire
Are you serious?

If the ship is about to go down the crew will flee the doomed ship. I want BIG SHIP Bail, but it needs to be done right. Like as in Hull on the ship shouldn't be over 10 - 20 %. There should also be a chance for the "Captain" to set the self destruct and it to go off, about 85% to 90% of the time the ship should just blow up. You could probably also add in a response by the owning race to try to stop you from getting the ship if it survives, either by recovering the ship (is player in sector?) or killing the ship (player is in sector when Cap bails). The attempt should be one time only and the ships sent should not bail, spawn them with a flag or something.

Just my two cents, theres 101 ways to balance this script so it makes it fair and very hard to have a bailed cap ship.

milp

Post by milp » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:54

Ok i just had a weird bug:

I was doing a defend-the-station mission and shot down a few yaki raijins so they bailed. After all enemy ships were gone, i ejected from my ship and tried to claim them. But there was no option to claim them at all. Whats wrong? :/

uhulu
x3tc

Post by uhulu » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 18:38

Hi, I can confirm this strange issue. Me too did a station defence mission against a pack of some M5, M4, a Bomber and a Centaur. 3 of the M4's bailed, one of them had even at least one shield left in it's cargo bay, for I could watch the shields go up again after the pilot bailed out.
When the dust had setteled, I wanted to collect the wreckes, but nada. I was not abele to cap a sinle one of thes M4 ships. I approached them in my spacesuit as usual but the menu item "claim" did not appear. not even when I was as close as 15m. The information abot the target says "no pilot" but on the other hand there were no astronauts floatin around.

I've used this script only fpr a short time now, but this did not happen during the time I was playing without the script.
... so long and thanks for all the fish ...

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 18:40

milp wrote:Ok i just had a weird bug:

I was doing a defend-the-station mission and shot down a few yaki raijins so they bailed. After all enemy ships were gone, i ejected from my ship and tried to claim them. But there was no option to claim them at all. Whats wrong? :/
Probably a game bug and not a bug with this script. When I started playing X3TC, I was able to use "Claim" on 2 ships right at the start of the Terran missions, and from that point on, "Claim Ship" has been greyed out for every empty ship I've seen. One's that bailed, free ships, etc... Have to use Cycrow's Cheat to take ownership.
But could you make it more like bail signal extension? With a configuration menu and so that everything bails?
Easy enough to do. Open the script editor, scroll down to setup.plaugin.npcbail and press enter. Near the top of the script you'll see "global secondary signal map: add signal". Click on "Little ship" with your mouse, at the bottom of the menu that pops up select "select object class" and click "Moveable Ship". Press Escape and select Yes to save.

-Grax

milp

Post by milp » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 18:50

Graxster wrote:
milp wrote:Ok i just had a weird bug:

Probably a game bug and not a bug with this script. When I started playing X3TC, I was able to use "Claim" on 2 ships right at the start of the Terran missions, and from that point on, "Claim Ship" has been greyed out for every empty ship I've seen. One's that bailed, free ships, etc... Have to use Cycrow's Cheat to take ownership.
But could you make it more like bail signal extension? With a configuration menu and so that everything bails?
Easy enough to do. Open the script editor, scroll down to setup.plaugin.npcbail and press enter. Near the top of the script you'll see "global secondary signal map: add signal". Click on "Little ship" with your mouse, at the bottom of the menu that pops up select "select object class" and click "Moveable Ship". Press Escape and select Yes to save.

-Grax
Thanks a lot so far!

Two more things id like to ask:

- Is there also a way for me to tweak equipment-damage, so it gets lower and stuff actually stays on the ship when they bail?

- Could you maybe add a salvage claim software upgrade sometimes? :)
(So we can also claim those ships that wont let us because no astronaut ejected, like in the defense missions)

Also i think it would be great if you make a configuration menu for your script, similar to the one in BSE, that way everyone can have the script set up the way he likes bailing ;)

lv9pv
xr

Post by lv9pv » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 20:01

My take on this is that 20% is way to much bailing. To be honest. If I'm not in a capturing mode when i fight. I have no count on how many ships that shortly turn blue before i the ship explode as a result of the fire in space already heading to the ship.

Also I think that the NPC shooting ships that bail, would in so many cases capture the ship them self. So personally I want max 1% of the ships this script handle, to bail. And much rather have it bail with more of the equipment and hull intact.

Also id prefers to have X3:TC to handle baling of the ship me the player is shooting. And this scrip handle only NPC vs NPC action.

I did use BSE (Bailing System Extension) but always had to configure it far lower then it came pre-configured with. And now with the marines to board and capture bigger ships. Id be more then happy to not have this script force bailing of big ships.

Just my two cents while we are asked for feed back :P

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 23:33

So personally I want max 1% of the ships this script handle, to bail. And much rather have it bail with more of the equipment and hull intact.
Agreed
Also id prefers to have X3:TC to handle baling of the ship me the player is shooting. And this scrip handle only NPC vs NPC action.
Agreed
Same bug here, around 75% of ships bailed now bug (no claim option) since I activated this script. It also happens to ship already bailed when I join a sector. I never encountered this bug before using this script.

Also, I used it, uninstalled it though plugin manager, saved, reloaded, ... and I still see some NPC ships bailing ?! Did I do something wrong in the uninstall process ?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 07:19

I would also like it to be extended to affect Big Ships(with a separate % like in BSE). In Reunion, BSE made fleet combat potentially profitable(and a lot less frustrating) as you could cap a few enemy capitals with your fleet to offset your inevitable losses. Other than for capturing the odd rare ship, I don't see myself using the marine boarding functionality much.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 15:32

Thanks for all the feedback.

My thoughts on these issues.

Definitely need a more configurable bail rate. I should have seen this coming really. My preferred solution would be to control the amount of claimable ships by using a configurable amount of NPC salvager ships that compete with the player. However, this is a more complex issue and people may not want this, so first priority is to make a more complex set of bailing conditions and make them configurable. I'll get on that asap.

Configurable equipment damage is, to me, not a high priority right now. As it is, the ships bail with the same amount of equipment as if you caused them to bail yourself using the stock implementation. I like to see this plugin as more of a fix than a cheat. I *will* add this feature, but not for the next version.

For big ship bailing I would use the same argument, in that it is not a high priority given that the stock implementation does make big ships cappable, but I *will* add the option eventually.

Mission ships not being claimable. I'm not sure about this. I think there is a way to just make mission ships not bail via NPC Bail Addon, but I would personally prefer mission ships to bail, but be claimable somehow. I will have a play around and see if I can figure something out. If I can't then I will probably just disable mission ship bailing, for now. Suggestions on this issue most welcome...

So, for next version I plan to:

1) Make the plugin more configurable in terms of bail rate.
2) Try to sort out the mission ships unclaimable issue.

After this my priority will be to create an AL plugin to add NPC salvagers to compete against.

Comments welcome.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 15:36

lepidosteus wrote:Also, I used it, uninstalled it though plugin manager, saved, reloaded, ... and I still see some NPC ships bailing ?! Did I do something wrong in the uninstall process ?
Probably the ships that bailed were already under attack when you uninstalled the script. If the bail script is running on a ship already (it starts when a ship is attacked), then it will run to completion one way or the other even after the script has been uninstalled. You shouldn't see any more ships bail than those initial few though, let me know if you do.

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 18:25

Ships not having a "claim" option issue is more complex than "missions ships can't be claimed". They CAN be. Some of them have this bug, and although I'm not 100% sure I think I've seen this issue on non-mission ship too.

At the very least I definetly saw it on ships bailed when I'm OOS and without a mission going on.

As someone else said earlier, the only solution then is to use cycrow's cheat to claim.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 20:37

Update: v1.1

Notable changes:
:arrow: Modified the bail formula and added in some randomness. Please let me know your comments on this.
:arrow: If you have the Bioscanner installed on your ship, you can now use a hotkey to reveal a pilot's "Bravado". It is displayed as a subtitle at the bottom of your HUD.
:arrow: Attempted fix for some ships not being claimable. Please let me know if it helps.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 20:58

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update: v1.1

Notable changes:
:arrow: Modified the bail formula and added in some randomness. Please let me know your comments on this.
:arrow: If you have the Bioscanner installed on your ship, you can now use a hotkey to reveal a pilot's "Bravado". It is displayed as a subtitle at the bottom of your HUD.
:arrow: Attempted fix for some ships not being claimable. Please let me know if it helps.

Download URL incorrect error from the hypershare website when I try to download your update 1.1
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 21:04

Malakie wrote:Download URL incorrect error from the hypershare website when I try to download your update 1.1
I don't seem to have any problem, and there has been 10 downloads so far. Try downloading again, maybe it's just an isolated incident. Anyone else having problems downloading?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 22:37

The url there worked for me.

So far so good, although i was wondering if i could get a 10% change at bail. I went to one sector and there seemed to be a gy of abandined ships which wernt there about 2 hours ago (in game time). There was a Q there diceing up stuff before i arived and im sure thats why there was some ships with no pilot and almost destroyed. I was useing 20% chance btw.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:08

asser69 wrote:The url there worked for me.

So far so good, although i was wondering if i could get a 10% change at bail. I went to one sector and there seemed to be a gy of abandined ships which wernt there about 2 hours ago (in game time). There was a Q there diceing up stuff before i arived and im sure thats why there was some ships with no pilot and almost destroyed. I was useing 20% chance btw.
You mean you actually want an even *worse* chance of pilots bailing than 20% ?!

I've just been playing a couple hours on 60% and found 3 bailed ships in total (2 of which bailed because of me). Didn't come across any big battles though, which I suppose is where you would find a lot of ships.

OK, gonna start a poll (in a separate thread since once set it can't be changed) to see what settings people use and rebalance the next version to suit.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:13

Oh dear, doesn't seem to be any option for poll when creating threads any more...

Instead, I would greatly appreciate it if people would post which setting they have found to be the best balance for them personally (i.e. 20%, 40%, ..., 100%).

If I get enough data and it is biased enough, I can use that to rebalance the bail rates for the next version.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:24

Thanks for the mod. I was thinking that what you suggested about npc salvage ships would truely compliment this piece of fine work and make it a little more 'balanced'. Are you still planning on this feature? Thanks again.

Dc

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:24

Hmm, i think i just had bud luck there or something. Just did a few big xenon invasions (reloaded to see how bailing was working) and i had 1 or so eject out. So i might have had some bad luck in that one zone or i was seeing x14 or so since i didnt have coffee yet.

I just looked through all my old x3R stuff to see my notes at what i had that one set and of course thats one of the scripts i dont see anymore.
20 is probly good and low enough for me, some reason i think i had it set at 35 or 15 when i useta play (been almost a year).

Ill do some more testing to see how it goes and report back. Been suffering from alot of CTD and i know its know a fddraw reason.

Thanks for working on this script btw. This is one of the few ones i always made sure i had.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”