[SCR] Auto / Terran Jump

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

[SCR] Auto / Terran Jump

Post by Gazz » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:17

(Das entsprechende deutsche Topic ist hier.)

I'm missing a few dear features I got used to in Reunion.
Now I have to manually order every Jumpdrive use and convenient commands like Jump to Me just don't exist.
(Yes, there is an Autojump feature in TC but alas, it only works sometimes.)

I also noticed that my ships would not jump to the terran sectors. Later I was told that this behaviour is intended.
Not intended by me, so I fixed that, too.

So there is a new Ship Command.
Of course, a Jumpdrive is required.

When starting it only asks for 1 argument: Solo jump?

Answering with n, N, 0, or Space means no.
No solo jumps.
If the ship has any followers in Sektor it will not jump unless all followers can jump as well.
(Drones do not count. It's their job to be left behind while the TS they were defending jumps out.)

Other than that there isn't much to explain.
If the ship's destination or target is in another sector it will use a jumpdrive if it can.

Exception:
If the destination is in the next sector but only 25 km away as the spacefly buzzes, the ship will not jump.

This script improves several standard commands without touching them in any way.
Follow / Protect now doubles as a jump to target / me command.
The Remote Best Buy / Sell commands all use the Jumpdrive and no longer fly through every Xenon sector they can find.
I can order ships to attack things in another sector...
Much better. =)

Some commands like Move to Position may not work since my script can not identify a clear target.

Note:
As of TC version 1.2, all terran gates are still bugged which means that they can not be selected as a destination for any jump or fly through script (Explorer software).
(They apply for neither of the 2 "gate" arguments in the script editor)
This script does not care.
Classic gate, terran gate, hellgate, no gate at all... it just jumps.

[ external image ] (ZIP)

Resources used:
<t id="1244">COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_44</t>
T-File = Text page: 7615
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 18. Jul 09, 12:55, edited 6 times in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

moggy2
x3ap

Re: [SCR] Jump!

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:49

Gazz wrote:...
I'm missing a few dear features I got used to in Reunion.
Now I have to manually order every Jumpdrive use and convenient commands like Jump to Me just don't exist.
You've not discovered the very useful auto jump feature yet then. Turn that on then use any other command you like and the ship will use it's jumpdrive.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 03:46

Now I have to manually order every Jumpdrive use and convenient commands like Jump to Me just don't exist
I think that if you use Jump to Position, it defaults to your location.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 04:21

moggy2 wrote:You've not discovered the very useful auto jump feature yet then. Turn that on then use any other command you like and the ship will use it's jumpdrive.
I have seen the button but the feature doesn't always work.
(although I appreciate the idea)
Regardless of what I set the jumprange to, sometimes the ship just doesn't jump but flies to the destination.
And yes, I have tons of EC, nav software and all the bells and whistles.
*shrug*
My script just isn't as picky. =)

Anyway, it's not the only undocumented feature.
I couldn't find any info on it in the manual, readme, or changelog. Same with the patrol, supply, or carrier software.

I assume all these were last second additions but a few lines in the readme would have been nice.
Fleet supply is not a trivial item because there are many ways of doing it. Which ship flies where and how, where does it shop and at which prices, how does it get the equipment to which other ships if it does that at all, how do supply ships deal with it when their customers are currently in a fight...
*shrug*

Edit:
Forgot a library in the first upload. Sorry! =)
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 20:35

My TS that's serving my factory with best buy/sell has a jumpdrive, autojump set to minimum distance 0, plenty of e-cells and not once have i seen it jump.

I'll try this script, thanks.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 19:52

nice, funny post as well :)

Pan0pticon
x4

Post by Pan0pticon » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 02:51

For reference, Gazz, I do not believe the Terran gates to be bugged. In fact, the only Terran jumpgate is the Asteroid Belt / Heretic's End gate. The rest are "Transorbital Accelerators". I do not know if ES will continue keeping them separate, but does it not make sense for the Terrans to keep people of out their more important sectors by making you traverse the less important, and as equally guarded, sectors?

P.S. I would also love to be able to jump into the Terran sectors. :roll:. With my very large and heavily armed fleet. :D

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 03:05

My only problem with terran sectors is that they are all HUGE, and that their orbital stations are about 40km across, and eat up my fps for lunch... Then again, my computer fails anyway.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 17:37

Pan0pticon wrote:For reference, Gazz, I do not believe the Terran gates to be bugged. In fact, the only Terran jumpgate is the Asteroid Belt / Heretic's End gate. The rest are "Transorbital Accelerators". I do not know if ES will continue keeping them separate, but does it not make sense for the Terrans to keep people of out their more important sectors by making you traverse the less important, and as equally guarded, sectors?

P.S. I would also love to be able to jump into the Terran sectors. :roll:. With my very large and heavily armed fleet. :D
its defiantly not a bug as intended. Which is y there is a new find command [Find.JumpableGate] so you can tell what gates are supposed to be jumpable ;)

basicdeisgnroc

Post by basicdeisgnroc » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 07:33

a spacefly cannot buzz with no air for the sound waves to pass through... :P

Grossbaff
x4

Post by Grossbaff » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 13:10

Thanks for the script Gazz, I think I'll give it a try since as already stated, the autojump in works, but the autojump out (back to my stations) doesn't work. Which results in stupid TS going through Xenon Sectors on their way back to home...

One - maybe stupid - question though : Does the jump you added for Best Buy / Sell commands include a refuel script ? If yes, in case a TS is selling E-Cells, does it keep enough E-Cells for jumping (maybe it does check parameters set for autojump ?).

Thanks.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 09:12

basicdeisgnroc wrote:a spacefly cannot buzz with no air for the sound waves to pass through... :P
In my head I can hear it.
Did you know that the chatter of nebulae tastes blue?

Grossbaff wrote:One - maybe stupid - question though : Does the jump you added for Best Buy / Sell commands include a refuel script ?
No. I surely would have said so.
I'm not Egosoft who included a lot of resupply features without documentation in any shape or form.
Not even a hint that they exist.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 11:20

As of TC version 1.2, all terran gates are still bugged which means that they can not be selected as a destination for any jump or fly through script (Explorer software).
The part where you can not select them for jump is not a bug.
But the part where Explorer software can't run through them is.

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 14:43

Ever since I got stations I've had TS's serve my stations with autojump min distance 2 and resupply quantity at 60 jumps. My TS's ALWAYS jump, the only time one didn't was when my complex was out of Ecells and it couldn't reupply

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 03:27

Anyone using this with 2.1 or 2.5?

The only other script I see that allows Terran jumping appears to be borked, and it'd be nice to actually use these sectors.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”