[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v3.05 - 06.10.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 27. May 08, 18:19

o.0 wow.

I must say, that is rather ingenious.
Nice job

Insane_Machine
x4

Post by Insane_Machine » Wed, 28. May 08, 02:52

Hey, This script sounds brilliant. But having some problems with it. I can't get it to work on my Colossus or on my Titan. Going through the script editor and spawning the battle one where it spawns a titan and Xenon fighters, the script seems to work properly. It switches from MARS Standby to MARS Defense.

But on my ships, it just sits on MARS Standby all the time, and all the weapon slots are empty.(Yes I have weapons installed :P)

Using the XTM mod with the Fight Command Software MK3 script and the Bonus Pack. Any Idea as to what is happening?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 29. May 08, 11:51

Insane_Machine wrote:But on my ships, it just sits on MARS Standby all the time, and all the weapon slots are empty.(Yes I have weapons installed :P)
Someone provided a logfile of that so I could trace the bug to an installation problem. Somehow the script does not properly initialise - for some people.
For others it works.

But since I know where the problem is, I can fix it.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 29. May 08, 12:30

Version 1.17 released.

Script should now initialise properly.
Debug is still enabled - just in case I missed something.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Bacfe
x3fl

Post by Bacfe » Fri, 30. May 08, 10:24

Ugh, I hoped to remain a lurker and keep my postcount to zero. D=

I would like to inquire whether this script would make use of the EMPCs [Electro Magnetic Plasma Cannon things, Terran weapons] apparently introduced [to be mounted] with XTM mod, since I apparently may have to restock my small capital fleets with PPCs otherwise.

Ta. =D

IronDuke
x3tc

Post by IronDuke » Fri, 30. May 08, 14:14

The script still doesnt work for me all I get are empty weapon slots and MARS standby in the order box. I must admit at the moment I still have cap ship crews and Xone still installed.

May I know how to generate a logfile so as to provide you with any information as to what happened?

Edit: I seem to be running a v118 of this program since I got the message that it was installed

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 30. May 08, 15:06

Why ask for advice when you don't listen when it is given? If you're running 1.18 of MARS then something is wrong, as per the last post by Gazz in this thread it's only up to 1.17...

Remove your other turrent command software to start with and then say it isn't working if it's not. People that don't listen is now why modders now want a screen shots of script folders to show exactally what people have installed.

@Gazz this is a wonderful script, I only have one plea. Could out please start naming your zips like mars_1_17.zip so we know what version we're getting? I know there's only one download, but on my computer I now have 4 different mars zips...

IronDuke
x3tc

Post by IronDuke » Fri, 30. May 08, 15:18

Look has it ever come to mind that I'm trying the different methods as I go? Unlike some poeple on the boards I dont have unlimited time to test my game version.

I'm now at work and this was the only free time I had to post on the board, secondly Gazz last post stated that it was now up to version 1.17 and I am stating that the in game version tells me its 1.18.

And last of all where in this thread shows that the modder wants screens shots of the folder? If he did state a preference to it then I accept that I am to blame for not reading the whole thread.

If you want to post something about what I'm doing wrong please do tell me what im doing wrong in a manner that I can use. And yes you were right that I should have remove the turrent command software (Xone) when I tested the game but it was my mistake when I did test it for the short moment that I had the chance I didnt remove the script so thank you for that part of the advice.

IronDuke
x3tc

Post by IronDuke » Fri, 30. May 08, 16:15

Phew... I hate work... ok any ways the post I made before this one was wrong I had removed the turret command script already.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm11 ... cripts.jpg

The above link should show the current state of scripts I have running. Hope this can help a bit.[/url]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. May 08, 17:49

The version is really up to 1.18 by now because I was chasing down some kind of buggy installation procedure.
It's tricky to track because it works perfectly fine on my end.
New installations, version upgrades, uninstall and of course, the script itself. All theinfo about "bugs" is second hand so... I'm trying...

1.18 did help some people who had the same issue but to be on the safe side you should manually run plugin.gz.mars.uninstall.
That eradicates all data and running scripts from earlier versions.

Run uninstall,
wait 60 sec,
save&load.

That should work...
There are also no scripts that you run that could even remotely have any effect on turrets.

IronDuke
x3tc

Post by IronDuke » Fri, 30. May 08, 18:39

Meh I think your script hates me I did what you suggested and well... :lol: ... :roll: any how i figured the cap ship crew script was causing some of the problems as I installed them back and tested what happens if i ran them.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm11 ... t/Test.jpg

The screen shot above was ran with-out the Xone and Crew scripts. MARS still stayed on standby and the guns didnt fire. The numbers that showed the threat level of each ship worked fine i guess since it kept changing.

I'll try a few more removals of some scripts and see how it goes tomorrow 8)

Thanks for the help :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. May 08, 18:59

IronDuke wrote:The screen shot above was ran with-out the Xone and Crew scripts. MARS still stayed on standby and the guns didnt fire. The numbers that showed the threat level of each ship worked fine i guess since it kept changing.
Those numbers mean that MARS sees targets, is tracking them, and relays this info to the turrets.

And if you target one of them as you did in the screenshot, that is an immediate fire-free to all turrets, regardless of other checks.
However, the equipping of lasers for a salvo is only done once.

The one issue I can still see in the screenshot is that the number on that scout is red and extremely high.
This ship is rated completely unhittable. It might be turning or somesuch.
MARS does not fire when a miss is 98 % guaranteed.
Ideally you should have some APAC or the likes lieing around. MARS will use those when AHEPT are waste of energy.

If you look into logfile 7046 (in v1.18 where debug is on =) you can see every single turret's decisions.
Which laser they select for what target and why.
It's best to only have one MARS turret running.
Many turrets create a lot of spam. =)

With one turret the logfile might tell you right away why no lasers are fired.
Last edited by Gazz on Fri, 30. May 08, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. May 08, 19:25

Bacfe wrote:[Electro Magnetic Plasma Cannon things, Terran weapons] apparently introduced [to be mounted] with XTM mod, since I apparently may have to restock my small capital fleets with PPCs otherwise.
Those are not in the Laser list but can be added to t/xx7047.xml

This file is needed to give MARS some background info about the weapons, such as DPS or projectile speed.

What values you need to enter depends on their stats in XTM...

Version 1.19 released.
No big change but EVIL GATES are no targets any more.
Debug is off.

IronDuke
x3tc

Post by IronDuke » Sat, 31. May 08, 05:05

Right... I did what you told me and ran the script with only one turret and put some APAC and BPAC along with my HEPT's into my ship but nothing happened. Found the logfile :oops:

http://www.geocities.com/ironduke85/WithPAClog07046.txt

http://www.geocities.com/ironduke85/NoPAClog07046.txt

the one with no PAC was taken when I had all four turrets running MARS

From what I can see in the logfile with one turret running only for some reason your script couldnt find the range of the fighter i was up against :o

Bacfe
x3fl

Post by Bacfe » Sat, 31. May 08, 10:49

Gazz wrote:Those are not in the Laser list but can be added to t/xx7047.xml

This file is needed to give MARS some background info about the weapons, such as DPS or projectile speed.

What values you need to enter depends on their stats in XTM...

Version 1.19 released.
No big change but EVIL GATES are no targets any more.
Debug is off.
<3333

Much love, I'll get cracking.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 31. May 08, 11:39

Version 1.20 released.

Should fix the IronDuke issue.
Fallback added in case MARS can not find the physical location of the turrets on the ship.
Means a small inaccuracy with laser selection but I doubt it will be very noticable.

Improved handling of neutral station protection.

MARS now (again...) installs 1 Laser when on standby so ships will actually follow orders like Attack All Enemies...

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 31. May 08, 22:22

Jeez, I haven't played X3 for a week and every time I check the forums you got a new version :)

Still the same T file with the lasers and stuff? Don't really matter right now but I will update that one for the XTM's new weapons and also see if my TBullet changes need to adjust the order too.

Keep surprising us Gaaz :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 15:06

Version 1.30 released.

New turret script: MARS Defense + MARS Offense

If you ever thought MARS was too chicken...

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 16:15

Minor question: What does the offensive mode do?

MacDyller
x3tc

Post by MacDyller » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 17:19

Take a look at the first post in the thread - it has been updated.
X3:TC ENG

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”