[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 02:37

Litcube wrote:I was just lookin' for frame rate reduction, which, as you mentioned, triangles would have performed better of. How many furfaces in that model?
Oh,I didn't count but... intentionally few. =)

One average X3 station is about a 15-40 MB model.
One of these modules is 80k of data... so even with 8+ containers it's worth less than 1/10 of a real station.

The complex hub might hurt your FPS more. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

KilleRTidE

Post by KilleRTidE » Thu, 15. May 08, 15:19

Hello guys, Gazz :)

The model is a bit over the 1000. It was done that way so that the game could render it properly. Due to it's size, when you get close to it, you can actualy see through it. Not like this, at least not that much, it's double faced :)

You'll need to join at least 20 cubes to mach one station, so i would say major performance gain.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. May 08, 19:20

Version 2.15 released.

More precise check to prevent CC from crunching a trade station or any other station that's not a real factory.

Stations do no longer show seemingly random names when tied into a complex.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 16. May 08, 01:13

Just a quick report to ya before bed.

I got Azz piloteIA and thus get messages when my ship is killed and by what.

Now I sent my Elephant to a khaak sector for some testing and later when my emergency beacons were destroyed (P.AI thingy) it said it were destroyed by "factory module" something. Something that pertains to your mod? I just thought so since you are about to add modules and such and I haven't seen that message before - I just updated to your 2.15 release.

Cheers!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 16. May 08, 14:47

Hmmm. I absolutely can't see how that would happen.
The factory modules have no model whatsoever so it's impossibel for anything to crash into one.
And factories don't attack anything.

It's true that the setup script can temporarily create factory modules to verify the installed Mod but those are not created in a Khaak sector but in the null sector. A special off-the-map sectors where scripters hide stuff. =)
But again, it's impossible that these modules would destroy a ship or beacon.

Ohhh! There might be a conflict with some other item name so the message refers to an entirely different object.
In my offline version I already increased the index range of the name tags to avoid possible conflicts because I have found one clash.
Could be that the script renamed some hostile thing to Factory Module. =)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 17. May 08, 01:01

Version 3.01 released.

The Modular Complex is live!

The MC grows with number and size of the contained factory modules.
Size 2 needs 15 or so L fabs.

It shows as a station (and factory) but should not be tied into a complex.
I allowed that in case you don't want to upgrade that complex any more but if the MC assimilates more factories and grows to the next size, the complex hub will be destroyed.

Only the factory modules are supposed to be connected to the complex...

If the MC is destroyed, all contained FM are destroyed with it.
It's shields are... appropriate... for it's size so that would take some really serious effort.

The first time you use the crunch command in a sector, the MC is built.
Afterwards it will not be moving anywhere. It's just too damn big...
So keep at least 4-7 km distance to everything in every direction.
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 17. May 08, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 17. May 08, 09:41

Jay! :D

Every time I download a new release I have to check the size of the files to see if there is a change :roll: You really should rename the zip file with the new version numbers.

Lets see if I can build any mega factories when I get some game time tonite.EDIT: Or rather not since I suddenly had to work :cry:

I've just printed out the X2 Msci manual and get to grips with X3 scripting. Hopefully I'll see you posting in my plentyfull future "HELP" topics :wink:

I've not seen any developers forums for X3 scripters; it feels like there should be; or are they somewhere else than on the egosoft forums?

Cheers - and thank you.

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Sat, 17. May 08, 16:44

Ok this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, only I was going to have these stations off map to keep the fps down, but seeing as how these models are extremely low poly then it doesn't need to be now.

I'm only curious about a few things, is it absolutely impossible to move these once built?

Do I really need all those extra scripts like the super tractor, or just this one on its own?

Do I have to manually place these newly created "giant crates" into a neat position like in picture two, or does the script automatically place them like that?

EDIT:

"Installation, For v3 a mod has to be installed for the new features to work."

What exactly do you mean a mod has to be installed? I have to install ashley factorys? XTM? I dont get it, can't I just install this onto a vanilla X3 with DDRS installed and have it work?

Also,

Complex Cleaner 1.08
Complex Cleaner / Megafactories 2.00

Those are the only two versions I can find links for, where exactly IS the V3 download link? :?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 17. May 08, 17:28

bp2019 wrote:I'm only curious about a few things, is it absolutely impossible to move these once built?
Remember how towing a mine is tricky because of it's size? These things are bigger. Much bigger.
Do I really need all those extra scripts like the super tractor, or just this one on its own?
No, they can just help with complex building.
Especially the Asteroid condenser because it reduces the number of mines (and therefore stations in the sector).
Do I have to manually place these newly created "giant crates" into a neat position like in picture two, or does the script automatically place them like that?
These crates are... one station, not 7.
It grows all by itself if you add more factories...

> If this command is run for the first time, the Module Complex
> is built at the position you supplied.
> Watch where you build it. This thing is huge.

"Installation, For v3 a mod has to be installed for the new features to work."

What exactly do you mean a mod has to be installed? I have to install ashley factorys? XTM? I dont get it, can't I just install this onto a vanilla X3 with DDRS installed and have it work?
CC v3+ is the mod. It's not just a script.

If DDRS does not mod TFactories then it will work perfectly if you pick the "Vanilla" version of the CC mod.
TFactories is the one file CC has to change.

v1.08 was just a script but there was no way in hell a mere script could do what I wanted.

There are 4 versions so it is compatible to other mods that you could have installed already.

Those are the only two versions I can find links for, where exactly IS the V3 download link? :?
Well, that was just a missing text entry on the web page. That's why I try to avoid putting version numbers there. =)

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 17. May 08, 21:17

new spk will not install.
"older version not found,unable to update"
how can I fix?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 17. May 08, 21:23

That could have been a typo on my part. Try again now. =)

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:52

downloaded again: spk still wouldn't install

I open the spk and noticed the checkboxes:
special start update package other

you had update package selected so I changed it to script cheat and did not put the hack data file in game dir.

this trick did work but would like to have thing ta way you ment them to be set.

this was just grabbing at straws for me here but it worked right. I still haven't played this game a month yet but I naticed in the install instruction for your mod it said To install them as a "fake patch":
Will you thow in a brief dirrectio of this for me.

thanks again, Gazz.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sun, 18. May 08, 00:38

hi annubis,

some things on fake patches ...

look in the x3 folder and you will notice 01.cat 02.cat ... 09.cat etc. , if you want to create a fake patch, you take the modname_xyz.cat and rename it into for example 10.cat. It has to be the last incremental number.

01.cat - 09.cat are patch files of egosoft. When ever a new patch is released it would be a good idea to make a fully new installation so the patch order is guaranteed.

sometimes fake patches are created automatically through the Plugin Managers installation of spk files, sometimes you have to to it by yourself.

Not all mods can be used as fake patches, myself allways looks first for readmes and the forum threads and at last uses try&error method.

well i hope i could help
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

annubis33

Post by annubis33 » Sun, 18. May 08, 22:49

oh ok so I have been doing fake patch.
thanks for clearing it up for me

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Tue, 20. May 08, 10:24

Hi I tried applying this as an upgrade to my previous version (1.08 I think it was) and it appeared to install correctly with no errors, but in the command console I found it had removed the "complex clearer" command and when I ran it directly from the script editor to check it gave me the expected options but then failed with a readtext error I think it was 44-100 :-(

I've rolled back to the previous working version but would really like to have it working for my mega-arms complex in Manticore and my ultra-distillery (12*XXL Space fuel and growing!)

BTW Ive got XTM 7.3 and the compatible Ashleys fabs, Ive tried patching with all the dat/cat files in turn

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 20. May 08, 12:07

If there is any readtext entry then the script was definitely not installed correctly.

If in doubt, try installing the files without using the SPK.

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Tue, 20. May 08, 16:12

Hmm I did try that but I'll have a more structured experiment tonight,

just to check, the scripts mentioned in the opening post of this thread namely:

ComplexCleaner v2, Condense Asteroids, Super Tractor, A.R.E.S. Station Building

are suggested scripts rather than requirements correct?

Cheers
RichG

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 20. May 08, 17:25

Yeh, they do completely different things.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Thu, 22. May 08, 12:07

It's you! You're the one making that plonking sound! You you.... :shock:

He he, you've been driving my nuts.

Anyway. I decided to build a complex just to test how it would work. I got Dustins FCC to build factories and such. I got Complex Cleaner 3.01. I got XTM. Everything is set for XTM and no problems on installing.

Built 2 L Spacefuel distilleries and 2 L weat farms. Built them OOS with FCC. Then I crunched them OOS with Complex Cleaner. Set everything up with energy, and connected to each other and a hub. Now every five minutes I get a "plonking" sound (the same sample you use to show that MARS is installing) and I don't know why. The shield's of the station is fine and it runs. Or is it from the vanilla, my spacefuel factory is too quick for the wheatfarm, but mostly it has enough stock...

The place holder has Lasertowers and Squash mines as products? And both the wheatfarm and spacefuel XL are inside one module (as it should be I guess). If I think of anything else I will post it. Now it's time to work again (amazing how much time X3 takes, I think I'll take a break from it and see what real life is all about).

Cheers!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 22. May 08, 12:51

Locksley wrote:It's you! You're the one making that plonking sound! You you.... :shock:
Moi?? *whistle*

Apparently I left debug mode on (setup, line 2).
This sound telle me when the station does a maintainance tick.

I got Dustins FCC to build factories and such.
While there's nothing wrong with that it is pretty much useless with CC v3.
CC completely eliminates any and all factory positioning/aligning. Forever.

The one thing you position is the module complex - first time you build it. Everything else is automatically assimilated by that hulk from then on.

I got Complex Cleaner 3.01. I got XTM. Everything is set for XTM and no problems on installing.
Built 2 L Spacefuel distilleries and 2 L weat farms. Built them OOS with FCC.
Well, building factories is something it's good for. =)
Either that or ARES.
The place holder has Lasertowers and Squash mines as products?
These are irrelevant (for now) but I might include automated station defenses for the module complex.
Since this is only one factory, it doesn't need to secure some 50 km wide cube of spaghetti.
For now the feature doesn't exist beyond keeping the ware entries prepared but maybe the MC will learn to drop Mines and LT when under attack...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”