[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Sat, 28. Jul 07, 00:26

The download link seems to be broken. :(
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 20:08

hey gazz this script sounds wicked, is it compatible with XTM 7.2?
also i find it odd that this script hasnt been widely mentioned before :?

bowl_of_rice
x2

Post by bowl_of_rice » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 21:09

does this script really make your framerates better? It seems to have made it worse for me oddly... I used the clear command and added new stations to get rid of the tubes, but its still going 3 fps... am i doing something wrong or what?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 18. Sep 07, 21:47

This looks great. Yeah, I have the same question as bowl_of_rice. If the objects are still in sector, they still need resources. Out of sight out of mind? Or is it? Have you tested this?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 12. Dec 07, 22:24

I have a question - does the ship actually manually move around the complex, or is the tractor beam requirement there for fun and roleplaying?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 16:02

No installed equipment whatsoever is required for any script to do something.
Scripters have to deliberately choose to limit script functions based on installed wares.
ALL "required" wares or items are only there for atmosphere and to add a cost to the operation of the script - since you have to buy the equipment item somewhere.

There actually is a reason, though. I prefer my ship command menu to not be cluttered with all kinds of rarely used scripts so this script button only shows up when you have a tractor beam on the ship.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 16:10

Is it me or are the pictures in the first post ordered wrong? Under the heading 'before' there is a very nice neat complex. Under 'and after' there are two pictures of long twisted complex tubes.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 16:15

bowl_of_rice wrote:does this script really make your framerates better? It seems to have made it worse for me oddly...
It CAN improve frame rates if the slowdown is actually due to your gfx board.

If your low frames are due to your CPU struggling with operation and collision detection for a gazillion factories then the script is useless to you, except for moving the docking bay around.

Check out Ashleys XXL factory mod.

The reason why THIS script here does so "little" is that is highly compatible with everything and does not mess with the inner workings of your factories at all.
I think there is a script to allow "ghost factories" to run on another actor while the normal factory object is deleted from the game.

This is an immense help with CPU slowdown issues but is a "dirtier" solution because the normal factory interface, production cycle display, etc, can not work any more.

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Is it me or are the pictures in the first post ordered wrong? Under the heading 'before' there is a very nice neat complex. Under 'and after' there are two pictures of long twisted complex tubes.
One long twisted tube.
No factories (visible) any more.
That is the point of the script. =)
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 16:40

Oh :-) Wrong end of the stick then. Sounds like a really good idea. Even my complex with 10 stations seems to kill my computer.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Rorymcl

Post by Rorymcl » Mon, 4. Feb 08, 02:12

OK

So i've used this script to get my giant factory out of the way....

I can't change the direction of my hub....

As far as I can tell there should be command where you write north, west, east up down etc...

It goes like this

i run the script...

select my complex

write 'hub'

then it asks me to choose a position on the map (my only options being to move the hub. NOT change its direction)

there is no 'string' option to enter north or south or whatever...

apart from this the script has worked great.... pls help

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 4. Feb 08, 09:34

Hi Rorymcl,

Entering 'hub' enables you to move the hub.

Entering 'north', 'south', 'east', 'west', 'up' or 'down' rotates the hub... according to the Readme and the first post...

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 05:22

crumbs. I moved my hub and I am not able to get my factories to reconnect to it. Can someone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to connect my factories back to the hub after I moved the far away with the clear command? Thanks!

oh wierd....I just checked my hub. It is still producing but the tubes aren't connected to the hub anymore. The tubes are in the old position. Is this normal??

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 12:34

When you connect a factory it stays connected until something gets destroyed. Tube, hub, factory - whatever.

The tubes by themselves have nothing to do with the working of a complex. They are completely meaningless graphical fluff - except for their destructibility.
That's one of the uses for the script. You can move the hub away from all the spaghetti so docking ships have free space in all directions.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri, 7. Mar 08, 04:05

just read your response to your hud mod. So on this mod the tubes will stay in their former location in space? Now if they get destroyed I reconnect them with one of your commands in the mod? Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. May 08, 01:05

Version 2.00 released - and the script has now grown into a mod.

The new feature is something I had planned for a long time.
There are many threads on how complexes should be "modular" instead of a gazillion single stations. There are several scripts or attempts to "hack" it but they all fall short on the interface part.
You simply can not script an interface, production bars, and all the fun stuff.

Well, until now.
My megafactories have proper cargo space, production bars, real products, real resources. They work.

And they are huge. Ashley's Mod introduced XXL fabs with a factor of 20 and that already helped a lot but mine go up to a factor of 200 - and do not require you to buy any specialized stations.
Going with the existing system that's XXXXXL.

The script alone does it. This even works with every existing complex...

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Mon, 5. May 08, 12:44

Are there any instructions as to upgrading this mod with your prior version of complex cleaner? I would hate to lose my hub and all the money I put into it! Thanks for the upgrade and info! :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. May 08, 19:15

angrysquirrel wrote:Are there any instructions as to upgrading this mod with your prior version of complex cleaner? I would hate to lose my hub and all the money I put into it! Thanks for the upgrade and info! :)
I don't understand.
This completely replaces the old ComplexCleaner but it also requires the 2 mod files to be present before the new features can work.

You never "lose" a complex.
If you self destruct a hub, all factories are still there, including their wares.
Only the connections are destroyed.

Also, if one complex factory or any connection is destroyed, the hub is destroyed and everything falls apart into single factories.
That's the reason why my script does not touch connected factories when upgrading to megafactories.
This would disband the whole complex and it's your decision to do that or not.

So if you wish to upgrade your factories:
destroy the hub, run the crunch command of CC and reconnect the now reduced number of factories.
This should be quick...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 8. May 08, 21:28

I calculated a few complexes that people had actually built and CCv2 would reduce a 410 factory complex to 19 factories, a 275 to 35 factories.

Mines are not touched at all because they... have issues.
The Asteroid Condenser can reduce their numbers a lot, though....

v2.11 released.
- definitely compatible with XTM 0.7.2

- script got smarter and can now detect which kind of CCleaner Mod you installed and if that matches any installed XTM/Ashley's mod.
So... there is a very good chance that it will detect a messed up installation before anything nasty happens.

RichG
x2

Post by RichG » Fri, 9. May 08, 17:36

Hi Gazz, loving your previous versions and really looking forward to this one, can I confirm that this latest one works with XTM 7.3?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 9. May 08, 17:53

RichG wrote:Hi Gazz, loving your previous versions and really looking forward to this one
When it comes to FPS boost, the old vs new CC is swords vs submachine guns.

I didn't even know there was an XTM 7.3
The XTM tech support thread claims 7.2 to be the current version so I took that TFactories file as a base to add my factories.

If you would do me a favor...
Use the old "clear" command and then "fps".
Then "crunch" and "fps".

I'm always curious as to how much the real FPS difference is for different complexes.

PS: There were no changes to TFactories.txt in XTM 0.7.3 so this version change is irrelevant to CC.
Last edited by Gazz on Fri, 9. May 08, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”