[SCRIPT] Rename Ships with Expressions (v1.4 Feb 1 07)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Guardian004

host please?

Post by Guardian004 » Mon, 17. Dec 07, 02:29

Can anyone host this please????

sorry for double posten

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 17. Dec 07, 06:29

when you need it for the colored ship names i have an other solution for you ;) (it is not ready yet but i am aiming to finish it this week on Tuesday...) but i can give no guarantee it will be finised then..

there is a little difference to this Script: mine is primary for single ship renaming (but you can rename single ships faster with this ;)), this here is primary for mass renaming if i read the first post correctly..

PS and i have found out how to make a text / ship name black ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Guardian004

Post by Guardian004 » Mon, 17. Dec 07, 23:45

YA, that would be pretty sweet. It would be so much better to have colored names. A lot more organized, and looks awesome.

make sure to make a thread about it :D

Sasratiz
x4

Post by Sasratiz » Wed, 16. Jan 08, 07:27

If someone who has the file can please PM me, I'll gladly host the file if you can email it to me. I'll be happy to send my email address through PM. Many thanks in advance!

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 21:29

I would definitely appreciate it if someone would do that. Being new to the game, I've found that naming CAgs with the GMS makes them always want to go into attack mode...

... :sceptic:

Kobax

Post by Kobax » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 00:29

Someone please rehost this script.

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 01:33

I really want this too
This was left intentionally blank for formating purposes.

xlilcasper

Post by xlilcasper » Mon, 3. Mar 08, 20:08

If anyone has this file and can send it too me I can host a mirror for it.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 19:20

I didn't have the original, either, but I uploaded my version to my script page. (bottom of the page)

Notable changes are that I added a launcher and default option script and bypassed all argument input that way.
The original links should still be in the setup if anyone wants to restore them.
I found it much easier to edit those naming options in my "options" script because I could copy and paste that way. But each to their own and this way requires some very basic scripting skeelz.

Anyway, changes and expansions I added over time:

* For formations the Leader is easy to spot and is given the lowest ID number so it's displayed at the top.

* Job and XP levels of ST/UT/LT (Local trader script, take a look!) are displayed.

* Ships with Fleet Support Software are easy to spot.
These TS are the ones to run errands for me. Factory freighters have no use for FSS...

* Spacefly Collector declares this one of your personal ships.
It's always displayed at the top of the list and without any ID numbers.
This is for el presidente grande. The big cheese. Not some number in a list...

* Super long ship types are acronymed like...
Discoverer DR
Nova PNR
(Pirate nova raider)

Well, that's all I can remember. Hehe.

Edit: (Ok, I just added this one :)
* For factories and complex hubs it displays the total size in Factory units.
(L=5 and the likes)

* added loop to remove duplicate "grey" tags from the end of the string.
If you add those to make sure the following text isn't painted they can easily build up.

PS: Everything I added is an option and adheres to the original conventions of the script.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:06

Super sweet script

Thanx Gazz, ur a life saver

*KR xxx *KW :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 06:23

@Gazz

Well I installed your edited version of RSwE and I only het one menu option in the general tab (rename ships sector/universe) When I click it all it does is change the names of all my ships, which is fine, except I thought this script was more customizeable? Is there some t-file conflicts ?

Thanks!

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 02:46

joelR wrote:@Gazz

Well I installed your edited version of RSwE and I only het one menu option in the general tab (rename ships sector/universe) When I click it all it does is change the names of all my ships, which is fine, except I thought this script was more customizeable? Is there some t-file conflicts ?

Thanks!
I get the same thing.

Either way, I hope someone could host the original RSwE, I lost mine.

zmed

Post by zmed » Mon, 18. Aug 08, 16:12

Anyone have the 1.4 stashed away somewhere? There were two links to the most recent version but both are dead.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 21. Aug 08, 14:16

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 21. Aug 08, 14:51

Carlo the Curious wrote:RSwE 1.4.

Awesome. Thanks.

zmed

Post by zmed » Thu, 21. Aug 08, 17:30

Carlo the Curious wrote:RSwE 1.4.
Thanks mate.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 13:05

Hello,

Sorry to dig up this thread, i know the author of this script hasn't been active for a while but I'm asking anyway.

We ( boyfriend and i ) are currently trying to convert this script for X3:TC

So I'm asking here if i can use the code as a base , giving credits to Klyith for that of course :p

Cheers

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 15:34

I dont see why that would be a problem. Gazz made some adjustments to it for x3r and everyone ended up happy :P

I think there will be problems as there is some issue with colored names in x3TC and how incoming messages are handled resulting in blank incoming messages. UniTrader converted his naming script and it never got finished. It works but the issue is you wont get any incoming messages you can read. Good luck if you can get it working. There are quite a few of us that would love to see this working for x3TC too.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 17:58

It is always nice to have the approbation of authors before reusing their code and publishing it embedded in another package. Or at least, telling them so :)

I hope people will like what I do and reuse my scripts, but I would like to know about it too. My main reason is curiosity... I would like to know how my code can be used in ways I did not thought of, or how to improve it.

Anyway... No news, good news :wink: . I'm going to post my RSwE version in X3TC forums soon :P. I'm almost done with the alpha version, and it is functional now. Time for some beta tests :gruebel: .

paulyus
x3tc

Post by paulyus » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 02:07

none of the links to RSWE 1.4 work!
Any ideas?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”