[Script] Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

[Script] Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values

Post by Gazz » Mon, 28. May 07, 13:53

Das entsprechende deutsche Topic ist hier.

Download Numeric Race Rank Titles . . . ZIP / SPK . . . English / German version

Those race titles may be nice for a pure roleplayer but they are not very useful when playing the game.

When the shipyard tells me I need to be Distinguished Associate - is that 1 rank higher than Family Friend or 3 higher...?
I hate that.

Now they say
2/11 Federation Member
11/11 Hero of the Federation.

A rank of 0 allows me to dock in border sectors, rank 1 in core sectors. Easy. =)

Of course the Argon would not give me a number for a title.
That's just what my board computer adds so I can assess my relations quicker.

These are the Notoriety point values (approximately) required for these ranks:
-4 < -100000
-3 < -10000 . . .Attacked on sight in border sectors
-2 < -1000 . . .Attacked on sight in core sectors
-1 < -100
0 < -10 . . .Docking granted in border sectors
1 . . . . . . . Docking granted in core sectors
2 > 10
3 > 40
4 > 100
5 > 400
6 > 1000
7 > 3000
8 > 10000
9 > 30000
10 > 100000
11 > 350000

Text file used: 7090
Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 19. Jan 08, 20:49, edited 8 times in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. May 07, 14:19

personally, i wouldn't make changes to 440001.xml

i would put those into a seperate text file and load them via a script, it would then be a script rather than a mod, plus it'll be more compatable with other mods

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 28. May 07, 15:08

Good idea, but it kinda makes ur game kinda... unnatural. If someone were a major in the army, his rank doesn't show 5/10 :D

Perhaps there's another way? If u wanted to see the ranks ingame, perhaps just make a small script that prints out the ranks in ur inbox?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:02

Cycrow wrote:i would put those into a seperate text file and load them via a script, it would then be a script rather than a mod, plus it'll be more compatable with other mods
Yah, I'd just have to reload the appropriate pages and it's a whopping 1 script line but I gotta admit - I was lazy. =P

PS: Okok, I made it a script. Its not so much that 1 line but wrapping it all up and writing all the download entries and description yadda yadda. =P
Good idea, but it kinda makes ur game kinda... unnatural. If someone were a major in the army, his rank doesn't show 5/10
In the military you don't have 6 different ranks, each with a different naming scheme.

I value useful information more than pretty titles so this system suits me extremely well. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

BurnedToast
x3

Post by BurnedToast » Tue, 29. May 07, 00:07

Great idea for a script! I have the same exact problem - no clue how much more rank I have to get to buy whatever it is I am looking for.

Downloading it now, thanks alot!

Sorry to hijack, but I just noticed the SPK download for the CAG trainer is not working - 404 error. The zip one still works though.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 29. May 07, 05:17

Gazz wrote:
Good idea, but it kinda makes ur game kinda... unnatural. If someone were a major in the army, his rank doesn't show 5/10
In the military you don't have 6 different ranks, each with a different naming scheme.

I value useful information more than pretty titles so this system suits me extremely well. =)
Actually... while the army doesn't have 6 different ranking systems, the Armed Forces does have more than 1. The airforce, navy and army use different ranking systems. Also, mixed units within the individual arms use different ranking systems again. For example, techs in the airforce use a ranking system different from the airforce, while one could argue that that ranking system is the same as the army's, the entitlements are different. The same can be said for ground units in the navy.

But good idea nonetheless, makes for less guesswork.

builder680
x4

Numeric Race Rank mod question

Post by builder680 » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 09:37

Hey there, my question is about the mod named in the title.

I downloaded the .spk for this mod (Numeric Race Ranks) just 2 days ago and installation worked just fine, even though the .spk listed in the post is apparently for X3: Reunion. Either that or there was an .spk for X3: Terran Conflict 2 days ago (currently X3:TC only has a .zip file, which is what I am now using) and it has since been removed... but since I doubt that's the case I'll lay out the facts here.

After doing a complete reinstall (from trying out the XTC mod and deciding not to use it), I went back to get the mods I had been using. One of them was Numeric Race Ranks.

The problem I am having now is two-fold:

1. The .spk version of the file gives me an error now (Error Opening: C:\Users\Grant\Documents\Downloads\numeric_ranks.spk Invalid package file) when I try to use the Plug In Manager. I wouldn't be surprised by this (seeing as the only one I can see now is for X3: Reunion) except that I was using it up until early this afternoon. I may not have noticed it originally that it wasn't for TC, but the fact that it worked and was listed in my Plug In Manager for me to uninstall earlier today tells me that it was there and working. I know it was an .spk because I only just learned how to use the .zip files to mod the game about 2 hours ago.

2. So I got the .zip version and installed it manually, but it doesn't look the same as the .spk version did. Plus, the numbers are all "+1," I'll explain what I mean by "looking different" now and being "+1" in the space below.

The .spk I downloaded showed Ranks a certain way that I liked. It looked sort of like this:

Terran Senatorial Advisor [3]

and with the .zip I downloaded today it looks more like this:

Terran 4Senatorial Advisor

Notice the lack of spacing between the rank number and rank name, the lack of brackets, the fact that the number comes before the rank, and how the same rank is now a "4" instead of a "3."

I'm not sure what I need to do to get the .spk to work again, because installation worked with the Plug In Manager literally 2 days ago. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance if you can!

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 11:41

You need to ask this question in the thread about the specific mod. Making a new topic is frowned upon.
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 15:18

Unserene wrote:You need to ask this question in the thread about the specific mod.
What he said!

Because its eastern I'll merge it...

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 16:13

builder680 wrote:Notice the lack of spacing between the rank number and rank name, the lack of brackets, the fact that the number comes before the rank, and how the same rank is now a "4" instead of a "3."
Uhm, what's strange in the first place is that in X3:R there are no terran ranks, iirc.

Anyway, you can change that on your own, as you like. The whole function of the "script" is regulated by the "t"-file. The script of the scripts folder just loads the current text file.
So, just compare both text files (the one from the .zip-file and the other from the .spk-file, Plugin Manager should come with a spk extractor) and change it according to your wishes. It's pretty self-explanatory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 16:28

I think the merged posts were originally in the TC forum, but the OP linked to the X3R thread instead of the TC one...

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 17:36

Yeah posting in that guy's thread was an idea, but the fact that the last post in it was from almost four years ago made me wonder if it would be considered necroing.

Not to mention that I don't think the author is even around anymore to see the question, OR the likelihood of no one even seeing the post at all because it's in a subforum dedicated to modding the previous game in the series going on 7 years old.

Now it's buried and will be much harder to find anyone to give an answer. Not very helpful at all, no matter what your forum rules are. Especially because this question is related to TC anyway, not Reunion.

In any case, I'll try to edit the t files (there were 3 of them in the .zip) but as a favor, can anyone give me a usage example so I can see the syntax? I'm not a modder, but if I can see how to make it look the way I want it, I can probably do it.

What do I change in this zip file to make it look like the first example:
Terran Senatorial Advisor [3]

Instead of this:
Terran 4Senatorial Advisor

Thanks again for any help, just one line and what it needs to be changed to will be helpful. Also, I assume I can edit .xml in wordpad? I know I can view it with Chrome or IE, but I've never tried to actually edit one.
Last edited by builder680 on Mon, 14. Feb 11, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 18:08

builder680 wrote:Yeah posting in that guy's thread was an idea, but the fact that the last post in it was from almost four years ago made me wonder if it would be considered necroing.
Not for the scipts forums - it's actually mandatory. Normally misplaced threads are just locked.

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url].

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:18

What do I change in this zip file to make it look like the first example:
First extract the zip file to an empty folder. (Windows should be able to extract zip-files on its own. If that's not the case download a free tool like 7zip.) You should now have two folders ("scripts" and "t"). Open the "t" folder and afterwards the file "7090-L044.xml" with a text editor. You now see the lists for the certain fight, trade, race, corporate and mission ranks.

Let's go to the Terran ranks, they're listed under

Code: Select all

<page id="350829" title="Terran ranks" descr="0" voice="no">
As an example I take the line you mentioned:

<t id="103">\033G 4\033X Senatorial Advisor</t>

To make things a little bit clearer, I colored the relevant text parts.

\033G...\033X - This is the color tag. The letter (here: G) in this tag stands for the color it will display in the game.
\033B Blue
\033C Cyan
\033G Green
\033M Magenta
\033R Red
\033W White
\033X Grey
\033Y Yellow
4 - This is the actual number of the rank.
Senatorial Advisor - This is the rank name.

All you now have to do is to change the line according to your wishes.

Code: Select all

<t id="103">Senatorial Advisor \033Y [4]\033X</t>
Afterwards save and close the file. Put it in the "t"-folder of your X3 main directory, put the files of the "scripts"-folder in the scripts-folder of your X3 main directory and start the game.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:23

Man, thanks a million, I'll get right on that. Thank you!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”