[Guide] X3 Handbook for Albion Prelude (v7 for Kindle)(v5 for PDF Download)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 05:26

See apricotslice post below.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Tue, 27. Feb 07, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 05:30

The link here goes to my handbook page, which has the download and a mirror to respawn.

I've also repacked the old zip file to include the v2 guide, in case any old links around the place were directly to the old zip.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 16:00

Sorry, technical problem. Hoping to have the handbook available soon.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 02:10

Problems solved. :)

The X3 Handbook version 2 is now ready for download.

An Indexed version is planned, but as yet, no availability date is known.

LongTom
x3

Post by LongTom » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 15:25

I've downloaded the zip file several times. It seems to be coming down the right size but winzip and winrar claim "unexpected end of file" and "corrupted". I also tried the mirror link but I get a message (even though I'm registered at respawn) that "you are not authorized to access this area".

LongTom
x3

Post by LongTom » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 15:26

I noticed just now that when I retried the download, it says the file is 5.61MB although the web site says it's supposed to be 5.75mb...

Remium
x3

Post by Remium » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 19:02

I d/l'd the file and it looks like it d/l's a file but I try to unzip and keep getting the message that there's nothing to unzip.
Times fun when your having flies.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 20:56

Its back up on respawn too now.

http://www.respawn.co.uk/modules/news/a ... storyid=24

Thanks to Tim and Dirk for the notification :)
PS this hand book contains the latest versions of my own guides too.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 04:18

Unfortunately, there seems to be an ftp server error that is corrupting the file as I upload it. I've logged it as a problem.

For now, please download from Giskards site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

GIGAR

Post by GIGAR » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 14:43

This is a awesome handbook :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 01:28

Thankyou :)

The main site issue has been resolved and download can be done from either my HQ or Giskards mirror.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:03

I've just done some stats work on my site.

The X3 Handbook has been downloaded off my site around 8,500 times already. Of this, version 2 has already been downloaded 500 times.

Thats an incredable number, something way beyond my expectations when I originally did it.

I'd like to ask anyone who has benefitted from reading the X3 Handbook, to please reclick on the download link http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/x3handbook.html and read my plea for support, to help renew my site and domain, so I can continue providing the Handbook download and my X3 writings. Any help is gratefully received.

mccabp
x3

Post by mccabp » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 14:27

Hey!!! it suks, i am stuck at a boarding skool... i have X3 on my laptop to play, but alas!!! we are more censored than a chinese newspaper, and as such, i cannot get to many of the guides on this site or any others. Would it be possible for a 'Right-click, save-target-as' jobby on this compliation pwitty pwease!!!

(respawn is completely blocked, and only http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/X3-Handbook-2.zip
is blocked on circleofatlantis.com... so im beggared!!! :( :( :( )
'Its called GREAT Britain for a reason, not Mediocre of Half-way Britain, GREAT, and you should think yourself bloody lucky to have been let in u kiwi!' - 'Yes sir...' - Mr. Gillard telling one of his foreign students the advantage of bein British

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 14:30

Email me, I'll email it back to you.

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:16

@ apricotslice - nice work. I never saw the first one but this one is nicely done. I plan on spending some quality time reading it. Most of the stuff I already knew but a nice refresher. Some stuff I didn't know and plan to use.

Thanks again,
-NavyAICS.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 02:30

I'm always glad to hear someone likes it :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Porksmuggler
x3

Post by Porksmuggler » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 00:55

just wanted to say how invaluable this handbook is. I've read and previously kept all the separate guides, but in between playing would forget this tip or that, then couldn't remember which guide had the tip! now I just keep the handbook, which I indexed the tips I need on a separate page. along with a few excels like the trade list, PCcenter's, and ship stats, the handbook is all you need.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 15:19

Hi there, apricotslice.. :)
great guide - can't wait for the indexed version.. (- how's it coming, BTW?)

..but there's still a couple of items that should be included in the Handbook, which are of particular use to the beginner..

- obviously, the default keyboard layout..(- there are several available via the forum..) :roll:

- but also, a full and comprehensive expose on the in-game monitors and cameras
- it's hard to track down info on this one - the official guide is vague on the subject,
- and as far as I can see, the forums have yet to fully address the issue.. :sceptic:

- I've been doing some forum-hunting myself, but have drawn a blank on the full thing with the F1, F2,F3,F4 keys..
- same with the first and second monitor settings.. :gruebel:

- it'd be a real scoop if this were to be completed by someone with the full lowdown on the subject(s) (- any takers..??) :wink:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 16:17

I ahvent had time to look at the k/b thingies. They ahve to be converted to a jpg to be useful. If anyone has time to do the conversion and send me the jpg, it would help.

I have seen some isolated posts done on the monitors, but never stored them. If anyone cares to right a guide to using them, I'd be happy to include it.

Re indexing, I currently dont have someone to do it. Someone did offer, but I never got a reply for the last version. So if anyone can do this, please let me know.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 27. Oct 07, 00:20

i have 1.1 of this guide, and am curious to know if version 2 is worth downloading. if there are any specific sections that have significant overhauls, maybe i can just print those out, or is there enough new material (and/or has the guide been altered to address a more current version of x3) any advice would be appreciated.

:)
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”