NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 18:52

Jakesnake5 wrote:Tried autopilot?
Eeeer...no? Autopilot to the Gate?
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 19:28

Target Gate, activate autopilot (U) and let it drive through.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 02:29

And now that's the place where i feel stupid again... :oops:
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

Aino
x3tc

Post by Aino » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 05:12

First of all: sorry if this is old stuff, didn't find anything related.

Hmm... 2.0.02 patch notes quote: "Production and repair costs for ships have been slightly reduced (resource requirements for Micro Chips have been lowered)"
This doesn't work for me. Everything else seems to work just fine. Launcher and menu screen display the correct version. Not running any mods/scripts other than what came in bonus package. Any ideas?

:rant: What's up with the "original" microchip requirement anyway.. I got 8 chip plants producing and it still takes almost 10 hours (572 minutes production time) to gather enough microchips to build one single Hyperion. And I was thinking of building five Hyperions at a time...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 12:56

Aino wrote::rant: What's up with the "original" microchip requirement anyway.. I got 8 chip plants producing and it still takes almost 10 hours (572 minutes production time) to gather enough microchips to build one single Hyperion. And I was thinking of building five Hyperions at a time...
But can you build several ships in parallel? I doubt that, ie have not tried.

A HQ build with 2.0.01 seems to retain its chip-requirements even after update to 2.0.02. So only those who did not build the HQ until in 2.0.02 do have the cheaper ships.

Caergoth
x3

Post by Caergoth » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 17:31

Ok, I feel kind of slack here as I skimmed through almost 30 pages and still can not find the answer I am looking for.

I have been playing X3 for some time but with no plot, and only restarted it when the Bali'Gi missions became available. I installed 2.0.1 and began all over again yet this time with the plot. And it has been wonderful thus far. Hell I've been able to cap Xenon and Khaak ships now... pointless thus far, but still cool.

Possible spoiler.
Spoiler
Show
Now I am stuck. I am on the trifecta missions with the Don's daughter. Getting the crystals. I did them in this order. I did the Yaki Disrupter Missle Fab first. No big deal. Then I did the Xenon101 crystal in a crate. Also easy. The last one was the Paranid one. I went and met the guy in Elena's Fortune and fought off the waves of Khaak. He tried to run but was destroyed. I grabbed the crystal and I recieved a message from the Don's daughter to go check out the Disrupter Fab again. I go and try to scan it, try to dock. Talk to the guys on board. Nothing. So I hung out in sector for about 45 minutes and still nothing.
Where did I go wrong? Now I was running version 2.0.1 so I then noticed that 2.0.2 was out. So I patched up to that and still nothing.

The only mods I have installed is Crycrows Ship Manager and I only have three ships installed and I haven't even used those yet. Any idea? I would seriously hate to have to start all over again.

zaparo
x2

Post by zaparo » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 03:26

Hoi EGOSOFT: BIG THANKS FOR THE Bala Gi UPDATE !

Have been playing X3 for months now and it's still much fun.
Today been able to buy "Avarice" and called it "Perdition's end (from the list). Thanks for the second chance to buy Avarice (missed it the first time).
:) :) waiting for X4, X5 and X6 :) :) :)

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 08:39

To NightPrince

I had the sam problem. But trust me it's easy. All you need o do is wait for a while on the other side of the gate you have just went trough. Doesn't matter what is your speed... Just set a speed after going trough the gate to max. for a while, than stop and wait. The yacht will come behind you. Then you have o target it again and go on.

Good luck. :wink:

Astra
x2

Post by Astra » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 19:51

Concussion Impulse Generator.

This weapon I got from the remnants of Osprey ships
Took a mission to destroy and destroyed

Now I am the :roll: owner of this useless? thing

I do not see much use of that; do not see any damage it produces to ships nor other effects. :evil:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 20:03

Astra wrote:I do not see much use of that; do not see any damage it produces to ships nor other effects. :evil:
Then you're not paying attention.

It's got power similar to that of an AHEPT, has a range of over 4km and has the capacity to knock ships off-course giving you the opportunity to let rip with another weapon.

It's very useful indeed.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 21:30

esd wrote:
Astra wrote:I do not see much use of that; do not see any damage it produces to ships nor other effects. :evil:
Then you're not paying attention.

It's got power similar to that of an AHEPT, has a range of over 4km and has the capacity to knock ships off-course giving you the opportunity to let rip with another weapon.

It's very useful indeed.
And it's hiliarious getting superfreighters to do ballerina twirls. :rofl: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 21:53

1 is funny. I have 4 on an Eclipse. Effects all ships within a range.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 22:15

Caergoth wrote:The only mods I have installed is Crycrows Ship Manager and I only have three ships installed and I haven't even used those yet. Any idea? I would seriously hate to have to start all over again.
of you was using the ship creator in an older version, then the files it created will be from the older version as well, ie the new ships wont be there.

to fix this, in the ship installer, goto "Update Mod", This will recreate the mod files using the latest version so it will be made 2.0.02 compatable

Caergoth
x3

Post by Caergoth » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 23:00

Cycrow wrote:of you was using the ship creator in an older version, then the files it created will be from the older version as well, ie the new ships wont be there.
They are there actually, I've seen them just haven't purchased one yet. My main question was regarding the mission issue. But if you have an update I'll be sure to check it out.

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 11:13

but still, about the Khaak - the Fighters seem to be fixed (as they lacked a left engine, but now they seem to have - I kept killing them once too fast to take a better look :) ) - but.. Why TWO kyons? and.. The cockpit LOD bug is definitely not about my drivers or whatever - many proved that - the cockpits on Khaak ships are invisible in the first lod, so those ships look damn weird.. Any chance of a mesh fix or at least a hack that would use lod 2 for Khaak meshes instead (afaik lod 0 is disabled by engine defaults cus it was too complex, so basic lod is lod 1)
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 17:20

The 'Engines' on the Kha'ak Fighters are, in fact, weapons pods in X3. The game engile equips them as Kyon's are equipped. Is why most game spawned Kha'ak Fighters only have 2.

That can be fixed by editing the Jobs.txt file for the Kha'ak M3's by setting the Lasers value to 100. Which will arm them to 100% of their capabilities.

Be prepared, though, to get your arse handed to you on a regular basis after that. :D
[ external image ]

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 21:58

hehe ye, I know - that's why I wondered why the engines got fixed, but guns were not.. Thanks for that "jobs" trick - will try - cus it's pretty lame to kill the coconut-style cluster with LX - you suffer less then 50% damage even in the worst case (like when I fly drunk hehe)!

But the lod bug remains - I didn't care much before 2.0 where you can start capping Khaak craft.. But flying a headless scout is a pathetic sight indeed :)
Attach the nails and electrodes!

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 11:09

guys need help.....i got this message from balagi to go to this station to discuss matters but when i got there, there is nothing in the bbs or in any person on board to discuss about it.....so how to fix this problem?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 15:28

Have you checked your message log? It comes as an incoming message. If you don't have the message, are you sure you're at the right station?

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 15:34

well thanks i figure it out....now where do i find that big ship at unknown sector?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”