NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 12:56

As a special bonus for all owners of X³:Reunion, Egosoft has prepared a brand new update which introduces new missions, new ships, a new unique station, and a range of new gameplay features. This update is available for download free of charge, and is compatible with existing X³: Reunion savegames.

Bala Gi Research Missions

The famous Boron scientist Bala Gi needs your help, and has some spectacular rewards available if you successfully complete the exciting missions that he offers.
  • Own the new Player Headquarters, a unique new station which is the biggest single-station construction in the X Universe.
  • Get hold of the exclusive (and unique) M7 class prototype battleship, once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself.
  • Deliver the blueprints for a whole new class of ships, the M3+, and even get the chance to build them yourself.
  • The Bala Gi Research Missions can be undertaken before, during or after the main plot, and even in non-plot games.
Player Headquarters

The Player Headquarters is a vast station equipped with an array of docking facilities, and a range of unique features to help you manage your trade empire or battle fleet.
  • Gather resources and build your own ships from blueprints rather than having to buy them at shipyards.
  • If you don't have blueprints then you can always create them by reverse engineering any ship that you own.
  • Ships damaged during battle? Send them back to base and repair them yourself.
  • Pimp my ship! Respray just about any ship you own for a unique look, or give your squads matching colour schemes.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

The new features of the Player Headquarters are described in more detail in our FAQ section.

New Ships

The update introduces a range of new ships. Some of these are available immediately, but others will only be found once you have completed the Bala Gi Research Missions.
  • Get hold of the unique M7 class prototype battleship. This ship is lean and mean and can dock two fighter ships.
  • The new M3+ class ships can be a real challenge if you meet them in combat, but of course you also have the chance to own these yourself.
More Goodies!

The update also includes a whole raft of other new features and enhancements.
  • Two new sectors, "Senator’s Badlands" (Yaki) and "Elysium of Light" (Goner) for you to explore.
  • A new weapon, the "Concussion Impulse Generator", with a unique new effect on ships that are hit with it.
  • Several new BBS missions to add a bit more variety. Keep your eyes open at Pirate stations especially.
  • A Self-Destruct option, available on board all your ships and stations. You only have a few seconds to evacuate once it is initiated!
  • A new "Software Signature Scrambler" to hide your "System Override Software" from police scans.
  • Improved Tractor Beam functionality allowing you to pull more different objects, even through gates.
  • A better chance to win the sector auction for "Avarice", available even if you missed out the first time around.
And of course, we have fixed as many bugs, anomalies, errors and other issues as we possibly could from previous versions of the game.

Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.

Download!

Select your download method: either http or a BitTorrent client (Guidance for using this can be found in this FAQ).
The update is available as cumulative patch (compatible with every version of X3) as well as a smaller update for X3 versions 1.4.03 (or later)

You can find all download options on our Download page.

Note for Steam users: You should receive the update via Steam automatically. It is recommended to let Steam update your game instead of downloading the update manually.
Last edited by CBJ on Fri, 4. Apr 08, 01:43, edited 3 times in total.

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:33

yay, new goodies :)

just curious, do you need to (re)install the bonuspack before or after patch? old topic about patch http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=159072 mentioned you need to make sure to update it
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:35

You need to reinstall it before you apply this patch :wink:

I would like to note that the FAQ just got an update with questions about 2.0 if someone is confused please look there first :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

krait_daoc
x3tc

Post by krait_daoc » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:35

:thumb_up:

Fantastic and thankyou :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:35

Hehe i guessed right (see previous thread).

Cheers ES, maybe now the games worth playing with the new missions. Also glad no sf as hate putting dvds/cds in the drive just to play them.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:35

Weeeeeee

Goodjob
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:36

cant waste time typeing got to downlode NOW

thx egosoft
sorry of any spelling mistakes

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:40

"Boron ships cannot be re-sprayed at all due to their unusual hull materials, and so will not be listed in the Spray Shop ship list."

:(

Bala Gi is remarkably unpatriotic.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:41

Sakurabisu wrote:"Boron ships cannot be re-sprayed at all due to their unusual hull materials, and so will not be listed in the Spray Shop ship list."

:(

Bala Gi is remarkably unpatriotic.
The HQ cant do tatoos :P
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:46

Skeeter, change your underwear now. :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:51

Take your time on the Balagi mission guys, you will enjoy it more. Theres more than one way to do it, the tips are just a guide.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:59

Guess I've finally got a reason to upgrade beyond version 1.3. Think I might just backup my saves before starting patching just to be safe ;)
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

XenonBuster
x3

Post by XenonBuster » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:02

very disappointing that the player headquarters cannot be bought anywhere because I don't do any missions at all

ArkSeaJumper
x3

Post by ArkSeaJumper » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:03

Got it
No TV tonight

Thanks Egosoft

soRahms
x3

Post by soRahms » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:08

Al wrote:Guess I've finally got a reason to upgrade beyond version 1.3. Think I might just backup my saves before starting patching just to be safe ;)
Sigh, as with 1.4, 2.0 also just crashes when I start it up. Windowed, low res.

I give up.

slayerus
x3

Post by slayerus » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:15

Good job!

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:15

Ramiw00t wrote:
Al wrote:Guess I've finally got a reason to upgrade beyond version 1.3. Think I might just backup my saves before starting patching just to be safe ;)

I give up.
Worth reinstalling from DVD, DON'T install any scripts, load your game and issue "None" commands to ALL your fleet and ALL stations, particularly those with "Unknown Command" showing anywhere, save the game, then install the 2.0 patch and the bonus pack, then try your savegame again.

While Betatesting I had problems either with a pre-bonuspack version of Station Manager or an out-of-date version of the UT scripts.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:17

yay !! thanks egosoft !

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:18

Ramiw00t wrote:

I give up.
it crashes on startup, or when you load a saved game ?

maybe its not installed correctly, or your downloads are getting currupt, it might be worth download it from another connection and copying it to CD

:arrow: i should note, anyone whos installed scripts or mods using the Script Manager, its a good idea to set it to Patch mode before applying the patch.
Got Advanced, then select prepare patch mode and close it. Install the patch and go back into the Script Manager and set it back to normal mode the same way
Last edited by Cycrow on Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

Cmndr0
x4

Post by Cmndr0 » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:27

WOW completley...just..Wow no words to describe greatfulness for realease of this awesome mod once word gets around there is gonna be a lot of downloading :D
Bring peace to those who love it and war to those who hate it!
Show me to my enemies so they may see the new face of death!!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”