Gameplay Bugs and Issues List Tech Support Summission Discussion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 07:28

6a.BUG: The ability to buy a Tractor Beam Forge. Currently I cannot find any for sale (unless I missed it?).

6b.BUG: The Tractor Beam Forge had Computer Components listed as a primary resource, but food (Rastar Oil or Soya Husks) listed as a secondary resource. Maybe if you switch these the problem of GOD removing it will end.

6c.ISSUE: Add voice for the Tractor Beam Forge. Everytime I select one its "...... ...... ...... alpha".

ISSUE: When you fire a Wasp missile about 6 missiles will go after the target. Unfortunately if the pilot bails the remaining wasps will destroy your captured ship. Maybe selfdestruction after losing enemy-status?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 09:35

apricotslice wrote:The ability to move large numbers of unoutfitted ships to the few places they can be outfitted (especially jumpdrives) is essential given the inability to buy things like jumpdrives at more than 1 a ship.
So there are two possible solutions: either let something to carry freighters, or make remote bulk transfer of upgrades possible. I would rather see the mass hauling of upgrades. However, I fear that adding docking possibility is easier to implement.

But this is not a "bug". The game is very much a first person shooter. Whatever you do, you practically have to do it yourself personally. Mobile mine, pull stations, build stations, exchange ship contents, capture, fight efficiently, look for missions. If there is something that does not fit this theme, it is Trade Mk1/Mk3, which can actually do something without the player.

Vanilla TP. They are too slow, too small, etc. Practically useless. Cannot do Tours. Too slow for weapon trade, too small for resource trade. For every conceivable task, there are better options. IMO, if the docking of carriers has to be expanded, then vanilla TP personnel ferry would be logical. Just one. 65 Manta's in a Raptor would be awful.

But these are clearly feature requests.

ISSUE? I did build a mine, The default name was "Silicon Mine L alpha". So were all the other too. I did rename them to contain the yield in the name. The targeting still says "Silicon Mine L alpha". That is understandable. Then I joined them into complex. Now every one of them is again "Silicon Mine L alpha". The name was not preserved. :evil: If you ask me, that is an absolutely insane design feature.

Edit: One more related feature idea. A command similar to "Transfer Pilot": You pick two ships and a station to land on. When both ships have docked, a "Exchange freight" menu pops up. Naturally, that requires a mod to hardcoded menu, because the other ship is neither current ship nor a carrier. But at least the remote upgrade transfer would be possible. Too difficult? Well, there is always the "Goner shrine on every EQdock" possibility. The price of convenience can be high.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 12:24

Webpage version of submission to Tech Support is now available for final comments.
http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/newbugs.html

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:00

Bug: Pressing TAB after manually having flied through a gate makes an M5 class ship fly backwards through the gate.

When I am in my Argon Discoverer and are on a mission of delivering persons or some wares to a station on a certain amount of time, then I often fly manually though gates, using strafe-drive, in order to fly through them at full speed. On the other side of the gate, I usually press the TAB key to continue the journey. However, this usually causes the M5 ship to fly backwards into the gate, so that I end up back in the sector that I came from.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:03

Aketzali wrote:On the other side of the gate, I usually press the TAB key to continue the journey.
Why do you do that ?

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:09

[TAB HOLD] .......... Boost Speed to max

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:12

Aketzali wrote:[TAB HOLD] .......... Boost Speed to max
Are you using a joystick with a throttle ? If so, what is the throttle set at ?

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:16

Just keyboard and mouse.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:20

Aketzali wrote:Just keyboard and mouse.
I'll follow it up then. Thanks.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:30

Apricotslice wrote
Why do you do that ?
I imagine it's because when you fly through a gate manually, your
speed is very low when you emerge on the other side regardless of
your entry speed. So if you have a boost extension you hit tab.[/quote]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:35

TAB-HOLD coming through a gate.

I've had some PM feedback.

What happens as you hit the TAB-HOLD key, is that the camera actually pulls back on the ship view as you do it.

If the ship is very close to the gate, the camera view itself triggers the jump. Or somthing like this.

It is a bug, but a pretty minor one thats difficult to fix.

best solution is dont use TAB after jumping through a gate, add some speed first and then TAB after you get away.

Its like hitting the AP after a jump. The damn thing will imediately splat you into the gate wall. Its not something thats going to be fixed, so its something you just make sure you dont do, instead putting some speed on first before hitting the AP.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:48

apricotslice wrote:What happens as you hit the TAB-HOLD key, is that the camera actually pulls back on the ship view as you do it.
Back in X2 you even saw that effect of boosting, the cockpit (and space) seemed to stretch.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 13:57

Bonuspack 3.1.01 now includes a script that rebuilds the Tractor Beam Forge.

If I could read german ... their message has "Bala Gi 2.0" in the same sentence.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 18:48

It is a known issue that you jump back if you hit [TAB] right after emersing from a gate. It also happened in X2. Just wait a sec or hit [x] first, and the problem is gone.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 19:03

moggy2 wrote:
Nanook wrote:Plot Ore Mine won't trade with Free Traders:

The ore mine you 'buy' in the plot doesn't trade with any free traders, neither buyers nor sellers. You have to give it your own buyers and sellers. And this applies to complexes made with that mine. I put it in a complex with a SQUASH mine factory and a Soyery, hoping to free up some of the buying/selling ships. The NPC traders refused to buy the SQUASH mines, and they refused to sell it energy or soja beans, despite drastically reducing/increasing prices appropriately. It appears that the 'Trade with other races' is permanently set to 'NO'. Either that, or it was made somehow 'invisible' to the NPC's to protect it when your Paranid rep was so low, and didn't get reset to normal. Either way, it doesn't work properly.
Not true someone was trading with mine before I'd finished the plot, and it wasn't any of my ships (no UT's, no ships assigned to the station, no ship's selling energy within range) I think it's ore mines in general don't seem to get many visitors. I have one in Ore belt that nobody visits.
Are you running any scripts? The only changes in my game are the Less 'Roids and the No Fog mods. No external scripts at all. I let my mine run for a couple of game days from the time I finished the plot and no one would sell it energy. I then supplied an e-cell buyer, and still no one would buy my ore. As soon as I gave it a seller, it couldn't keep ore in stock. There were lots of stations within the 2 jump range that were in need of ore. And as I said, I made a SQUASH mine complex out of it, and subsequently couldn't sell a single mine without a seller. This despite there being several Paranid trading stations nearby that were empty of SQUASH mines. So you're saying both SQUASH mines AND ore don't attract NPC traders? That sounds like a bug, or at least a design flaw, right there. :?

And just so you know, I'm not the only one who's reported this behaviour. There were quite a number of players who have had similar experiences and this was documented in another thread. And I don't think there was a single player that had a counter example. Yours is the first. So maybe there's something different about your game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 19:12

apricotslice wrote:TAB-HOLD coming through a gate.

I've had some PM feedback.

What happens as you hit the TAB-HOLD key, is that the camera actually pulls back on the ship view as you do it.

If the ship is very close to the gate, the camera view itself triggers the jump. Or somthing like this.

It is a bug, but a pretty minor one thats difficult to fix.

best solution is dont use TAB after jumping through a gate, add some speed first and then TAB after you get away.

Its like hitting the AP after a jump. The damn thing will imediately splat you into the gate wall. Its not something thats going to be fixed, so its something you just make sure you dont do, instead putting some speed on first before hitting the AP.
Easy to fix. Just get rid of that silly 'boost stretch' animation. Looks dumb anyway, IMO. It's just a holdover from way back in X-BTF when you actually could accelerate way past the ships normal max speed. :roll:

And I always boost my ships, whatever class, just to get out of the way of any incoming ships. I've been struck from behind a number of times by NPC freighters that exited the gate at the same exact point as me. So 'abstinence' isn't really the best policy. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

BlakesSeven
x3

Teladi Buzzard class bug???

Post by BlakesSeven » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 20:24

This is a strange one....

Occasionally, when I am in my Teladi Buzzard (or similarly fast class of ship) & travelling through a Gate, once I emerge on the other side & press for full speed (using the boost button), the ship goes back through the Gate (without me touching the steering controls to head back for the Gate) to the original Sector :evil:

Anybody else ever noticed this :?

(Just realised that Aketzali has already put this on this thread - sorry :o )

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 21:57

has anyone mentioned that the police patrols aren't scanning other ships like they should because the following script command doesn't work

Code: Select all

110           if [THIS] -> scan potential pirate $target for illegal wares

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:29

moggy2 wrote:has anyone mentioned that the police patrols aren't scanning other ships like they should because the following script command doesn't work

I don't think it's even wise to fix that one, I can just see half the galaxy going up in flames second that one is working.

Lets just pretend that all our pilots are super smuglers instead.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:45

Geggo wrote:
moggy2 wrote:has anyone mentioned that the police patrols aren't scanning other ships like they should because the following script command doesn't work

I don't think it's even wise to fix that one, I can just see half the galaxy going up in flames second that one is working.

Lets just pretend that all our pilots are super smuglers instead.
I've got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, it would be cool to have a small element of danger for having your pilots deal in illegal goods. On the other hand, I don't want the NPC cops to shoot up all the NPC smugglers, either. That's my job. :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”