[SCRIPT] Ship Repair Facility by XaiCorp.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Ship Repair Facility by XaiCorp.

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 2. May 06, 03:07

Script: Ship Repair Facility station plugin
Version: X3-1.0
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-SRF

The Ship Repair Facility, is a station upgrade that can be added to Trading Stations and Equipment Docks. It can be purchased through the Xai Corporation station software brochure.

To install the Ship Repair Facility at a Dock, use the Install Station Software command to recieve the software brochure for that stations. You should recieve the brochure as an incomming message from where you can by the facility. Note that the station must have enough funds for the purchase to be succesfull.

The Repair Facility
Once the facility has been installed, you can activate it by running the ''Repair Facility'' command. This command will stay active, repairing docked ships or producing Teladianium paneling when there's nothing to repair.

The repair facility uses Teladianium Panelling to repair the hulls of docked ships. Each panel can repair upto 100 hull points. While the facility is not repairing ships it will manufacture it's own Teladianium panels from ''Teladianium'', ''Ore'', and ''Silicon''.

To repair a ship at the facility simply dock the ship at the station.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 2. May 06, 14:14

Very cool.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 2. May 06, 14:23

Awesome!

Very useful, thnx alot moggy2! :D :D

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 2. May 06, 14:43

Hmm, with this, and Blacky's warehouse deal, it almost sounds like a player HQ is forming....

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Tue, 2. May 06, 17:15

Hi moggy2,

Thought that I would give this a try, as it looks rather handy, but found a problem....

The .spk version does not contain the 'setup.Xai.SRF.xml' file - downloaded the .zip version, and copied this file across. Now SRF appears on the brochure. Haven't actually tried it yet - thought I would let you know of the error, before too many people download it.

Edit:
It works well, had to go and find a few 'damaged' ships - took a bit of persuading to get the old pilots out....

Chews through the resources...
/Edit:

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 2. May 06, 21:43

:roll: Still haven`t got a spk right first time. Thanks for that.

re resources. I was suprised how much it needed. If someone want's to check my maths.
408 hull points(41%) on a disco would cost me 23,042cr to repair.
it currently takes 15 teladianium, 10 ore, 5 silicon and 10 energy cells to repair 100 hull points.

assuming
teladianium @ 156 (avg)
Ore @ 79 (min)
Silicon @ 229 (min)
Energy @ 12 (min)

that's 4395cr per Teladianium panel, and it takes 5 to repair 408hp that's 4395 * 5 = 21975cr to fix up the disco.

so it has the potential to be cheaper, but could also cost a lot more than a shipyard.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 3. May 06, 11:18

Moggy2 ..

I'm taking it you use the average or max price of ware to decide how expencive a ship is ..
now have a look at the Argon M1 and M2 and compare their average and max price ..
(note that the average price is higher than the max price ... :!: )

Just mentioning this cause I'd advise you to build a 'price-check' into your script ..(else you might end up with ships that are going to be very cheap or very expensive to repair)

G

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 3. May 06, 14:08

Hi moggy2 and Red Spot,

Just ran a check on ship prices - average, min, and max - apart from those listed below, all seem correct.

Ships in error are:-

Code: Select all

Average		Minimum		Maximum		Name
88033416 	 108974734	67092098	Colossus
89208344	  109855930	68560758	Titan
89208344	  109855930	68560758	Phoenix
Looks like Egosoft mixed up the values....

More useless information from,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 25. Jul 06, 15:43

ahoy moggy, every time I've brought up the brochure It's given me a Readtext where the ad (and the select option) for the Repair Facility is supposed to be. I've tried both the .spk and .zip versions to no avail. :(

I'm also running the Commands Suite and it works great. (well, I think it does. Where are these commands supposed to show up?)
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 21:33

Tried this on a fresh install. I had upgraded to the most current version available over on the Xai site. I got the same result as reported by Tenlar Scarflame.

Strange, I had it working on an earlier game.

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 22:18

I have the same issue as the two previous posters. I do hope there is a way to make this work. Looks to me like there is just a wrong version of the text -file in the spk -bundle?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 02:56

version 1.1 should now work properly. If you have the spk you can use the script manager to update the script.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 08:42

If you have this facility, will damaged ships come to you automatically for repairs if theyve been in fights or is it pot luck when they turn up.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 13:25

moggy2: Thanks...V1.1 has indeed fixed the problem.

Everyones Antihero: SRF fixes ships once they get to the station. How they get there is up to the "pilot"...either the player or the controlling script (AI/NPC). At this point, I am not aware of any scripts that run on ships that will automatically re-direct a damaged ship to a station running SRF.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 14:47

With all due respect thats a bit pointless then, i dont want to spend time hearding idiot AI pilots into my station for far less credits than i probably get if i just nuke their asses.
My Artwork show reel:

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 15:38

Well...whatever works for you, is what you should do of course.

I find that having a place to send the damaged ships in my fighter wings is quite useful.

I keep an inventory of repaired ships in my HQ, and then when one of the fighters protecting a freighter get too heavily damaged, I can send it back to the HQ for repair, and send out a replacement.

When I capture ships, I tend to send them to the nearest station, where I can have them wait until I make a round of "pickups" in my Cetus. Once the hanger on my TL is full, I then drop off the damaged ships off next to my HQ so they can dock and be repaired.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 16:08

In an old game called Hardwar, damaged AI ships would fly to the nearest repair shop to be fixed for a nominal fee, the more damage the more they spent on repair. I made quite a bit of money with police and pirate dogfights outside my hangars, damaged ships would run for it if crippled and run to my hangar for repairs.

i'd love to see a script like this, damaged ships would run to the nearest ship yard of station fitted with a repair facillity and for a player controlled fee the station would fix the ship using nano tech.
My Artwork show reel:

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 16:18

Moggy2

This is by far the best stand alone script I have used yet!

Thanks!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 17:25

So far I have planned to use this like DeadlyDa does.

Maybe some fighter wing -wiz out there could make a script that turns a trade station into a fighter base that could control a sector by automatically sending wings to take out detected enemies. Coupled with this, that would turn trade stations into a real way to project control over space, and turn the usefulness of this script to another level.

Serial Kicked - are you reading this ;)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 16:10

When I install the SRF script do not appear any "install brochure" in the PHQ(DDRS) station command menu. But when I install the AMT the command appears. When I click on it appears a window asking me to change products of the station. Seem that mix up with the command station "change product". I have installed the SUF to as per instruction said. :? :? :? What I,m doing wrong? Also I,m using Cycrow intaller script.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”