Respawn pirate bases?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lazirus95
x3

Respawn pirate bases?

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 18:44

I thought I saw the option to respawn pirate bases somewhere a long time ago. Yet, I can't seem to find it now that I'm looking for it. I cleared out a pirate base in
Spoiler
Show
ore belt
and I want to make sure it doesn't come back to destroy my lovely complex. Where can I find this option?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 12. May 06, 18:49

I think this is the same lines as the asteroid thread. You can destroy it, it may/may not respawn. It may even respawn in a different sector (seen it happen before). Regardless, from what I've observed it takes a hell of a long time for them to do so.

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Fri, 12. May 06, 19:20

Ti turn rspawn on/off you hit the escape key to bring up the options menu, then scroll all the way to the bottom. the option is down there somewhere.

When they respawn however, they dont necessarily respawn in the same sector. They can spawn ANYWHERE, including unknown sectors
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 23:59

Hmm, I feel like such a newb. Who am I kidding, I am a newb. Anyway I still can't find this toggleable option. The crazy thing is I KNOW I've seen it before. I just spent 20 minutes going through every menu and screen I could on X3 and I still can't find it. Could someone be as so kind as to baby me step by step on how to get to this option? I've looked through the options menu and all, but I still can't find it. :cry:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 13. May 06, 09:45

As already pointed out, when a pirate base (with the exception of the Pirate Anarchy Port in Loomanckstrat's Legacy) respawns, it respawns randomly--there is therefore around a 140 to 1 chance it will pop up in Ore Belt again. In X3 pirate ships don't actually spawn at pirate bases anyway, so the pirate base being there or not isn't likely to make much of a difference.

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Sun, 14. May 06, 02:48

We don't have the option to turn off pirate base respawn in X3 as far as I know. The options not there. We could in X2.

As pjknibbs says, they are only bases anyway.

Just wonder if they actually do spawn from there sometimes. Just that I noticed while trading in Company Pride once, a few pirates came out and vapourised me. They could however have came through the north gate while I wasn't looking, but I don't think so. I know the base had no ships landed previously as I hadn't long checked.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Sun, 14. May 06, 03:59

I have seen some pirate "exit" a pirate base I was attacking I'm not sure if they "Spawned" or where just docked. It happens some times when your taking on those with only M3's and M4's. It takes ages but it's easy.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 14. May 06, 04:39

If you do knock off a pirate base, will you get rep points for that sector race?

dannyporter4u
x3

Post by dannyporter4u » Sun, 14. May 06, 08:18

Pirate ships dont spawn at pirate bases? the constant flow of ships from the base which respawned in Rhy's desire begs to differ. I have patrols in the surrounding sectors so they must have spawned at the base? I killed the base and havent seen i pirate since.

I though pirates spawned at teladi shipyards, pirate bases and possibly gates in pirate sectors

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Sun, 14. May 06, 09:28

Welp I guess I completely dreamt up the option to turn pirate base respawns on and off. Pirates used to harass me all the time in the ore belt, but have disapeared completely now that I've blown their base up.

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Sun, 14. May 06, 22:05

dannyporter4u writes;
I though pirates spawned at teladi shipyards, pirate bases and possibly gates in pirate sectors
That makes a lot of sense to me and what I see happening. I didn't know about the gate business but would explain why I get pirates coming through the north gate of Mi Tons refuge after I have completely cleared Loomanstraaks and then going immediately south.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sun, 14. May 06, 22:16

I had a pirate base in Brennans Triumph, and there were always pirates there. Now that I've destroyed it, there are rarely any, unless they come up from the South. I feel like a bit of an idiot putting an M2 on patrol there :oops:

Unknown_Terror
x4

Post by Unknown_Terror » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 14:57

I noticed that the ships do spawn inside pirate bases, i usually have a route which i take...

I go brennans triumph attack the pirate base there, kill all the ships inside, until on the Landed Ships menu for the pirate base there is none left.....after a while ships will start to respawn on the Landed ships menu, but i just go to another sector while i wait for it to fill up.

I have destroyed 2 pirate bases so far with M6 Teladi Osprey with BHEPT's and some Hornet missiles, and they havn't respawned yet....well not in the same sector at least...or any sectors i know of, seeing as i usually load up on Satellites and drop them into every sector i go to, but they could have spawned outside the gates and further away from the centre of the sectors
You Can Live A Perfectly Normal Life, If You Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 15:15

dannyporter4u wrote:Pirate ships dont spawn at pirate bases?
In fact, in X3, only some pirate ships will spawn in pirate bases. Most of them don't and are usually generated around gates or in OOS pirate sectors.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

vinnie_
x3

Post by vinnie_ » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 15:24

I seem to have depopulated the pirates o.O

Took my nice shiny M3 on a bit of a spree and killed anything pirate all around split fire. When I started, 10-15 pirate ships a sector wasn't unusual. After a while though, all I see is the occassional harrier patrol and that's about it.

Tell me they come back :(

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 16:45

Only if you clear them out of the other sectors where they've taken refuge.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”