Sector patrol

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ipp
x3

Sector patrol

Post by ipp » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 07:27

Maybe I am so dumb but still I´m not able set sector patrol even if I´m trying do it step by step according manual. can anybody help me how to do it properly? :evil:

ta1981
x4

Post by ta1981 » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 07:37

Others can likely help you more but I've just not used it (probably just my ignorance). :?

For my sectors I use a 2 Centaurs (BHepts) and 5 novas (AHepts). The 2nd Centaur and the novas are set to protect the lead Centaur and the lead Centaur is set to attack all enemies. No losses yet so, things seem to be working out okay.

Goffik
x4

Post by Goffik » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 07:47

What ships are you trying to use for your patrols? I believe only certain ships have the ability do so. (M6 and above... I think...)

swoopinghawk
x3

Post by swoopinghawk » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 09:23

well if your dumb i am too lol, i have asked this question 3 times now and i get no helpful advice, i follow all the logical steps and i just cannot add sectors Please someone make a step by step guide on how to set this up, i know how to do it but it isnt working so i need it simple to see what i am doing wrong.
Thanks

ipp
x3

Patrol wing

Post by ipp » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 10:23

I created combat patrol wing - 1 M6, 3 M3s, 2 M2s. But I cant find proper way how to set them for patroling. :?: :cry:

Fus
x4

sector Patrol

Post by Fus » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 10:24

Assuming that Patrol Single Sector is in the ships' menu .. when you click it the game wants you to set four points on the sector map, it's tedious as you get presented with the map four times.

This is what I do : click on the patrol sector , then in the sector map i scroll down the items in sector list on the right until I get to the gates, press enter on North Gate, game then returns to the universe map. press enter to choose the same sector as before and repeat, South Gate , East Gate or even any station in the sector.
You can choose the same location more than once eg : North, South, North, South for 2 gate sectors

swoopinghawk
x3

Post by swoopinghawk » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 18:07

patroling a sector is not what i was talking about it is multi sectors. cannot add more sectors to the patrol list. The single sector is straight forward as posted above. How can i add more sectors to the patrol list?

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 20:34

Please someone, put spankinghoop and me out of our misery!

A step by step guide to multi-sector patrol please!!!

Fall Guy
x3tc

Post by Fall Guy » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 21:04

M6 have a command (in special commands I think) add sector to patrol just add all the sectors you want then issue the multi sector patrol command in combat menu. M3/4s just set them to protect the M6. Patrols cost money if you run out then they will send you a message and go on strike until you pay them. I seem to remember the gits wanted Cr 50,000 to start again when I was trying to finish the plot.

Edit

Whoops the add sector command is in the additional ship commands menu
after the turret commands section
Last edited by Fall Guy on Tue, 4. Apr 06, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 22:46

to be honest, i wouldnt mind a good sector patrol guide. I dont think im doing it correct either...!

I suppose there must be one somewhere in the archives menu
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”