[Script] SatelliteDeploy v1.12 (18/01/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 16:56

Thanks! Brilliant work on this. Lots of 'intelligent' features in it. Well done for completing something that others have had to give up on. Is this added to the community scripts sticky?

Bhruic
x3tc

Post by Bhruic » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 17:04

Not yet, I'm waiting to see if I get any "This completely hosed my game!" comments first. ;)

Bh

Anoik
x3tc

Post by Anoik » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 17:17

Can this script replace a destroyed sat if needed, withoutme commanding the ship to do it?.

For example, i want to have one ship in my capital ship assigned to a home sector. Then i want it to deploy sats in all the sectors that are one jump away of the home sector, then return to the capital ship and go out away again only if one or more sats are destroyed and replace those. It's possible

ajw2255
x3

Post by ajw2255 » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 17:50

hey there

Love the script very useful,

However iv been using two ships to drop the sats and they have duplicated them in a couple of sectors. Just to let u know.
Destroy the mothership and the cards will fall like a stack of dominoes. Checkmate

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 17:55

Bhruic wrote:Not yet, I'm waiting to see if I get any "This completely hosed my game!" comments first. ;)

Bh
Well I'm not sure if THIS hosed my game, but I just had to resest my PC after a 'sound-loop freeze'... :shock: Never had that happening before. I've installed several other script updates though, so I couldn't tell if it's this or something else.

Anyway, I did notice something:

I've had a Disco doing the deployment so far. When I started the game just now after installing this update, I tried to set the order to deploy advanced sats again. I immediately got the 'command accepted' message, without the new input options.

I tried to set its order to 'None', and then 'Re-init script caches' in the script editor. Then I gave it the command again, but the same thing happened; no extra options.

I haven't checked, but does this update completely overwrite the earlier version, or do I need to remove some files from the old version?

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Sat, 7. Jan 06, 21:00

Bhruic wrote:Ok, finally got the new version released. I'd appreciate if someone out there can host it as well, as the machine it's on now is somewhat flakey at times, and I'm going to away and unable to reboot it if it crashes.

Hopefully this release is bug-free (ha!), but if you run into any abnormalities, let me know.

Bh
Great. I guess there's something new that needs translation....I'll do it right now :wink: .
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

Bhruic
x3tc

Post by Bhruic » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 00:03

Anoik wrote:Can this script replace a destroyed sat if needed, withoutme commanding the ship to do it?.

For example, i want to have one ship in my capital ship assigned to a home sector. Then i want it to deploy sats in all the sectors that are one jump away of the home sector, then return to the capital ship and go out away again only if one or more sats are destroyed and replace those. It's possible
Right now it will do everything but the "return to the capital ship" part. Hopefully I can get that working in the next release.
ajw2255 wrote:However iv been using two ships to drop the sats and they have duplicated them in a couple of sectors. Just to let u know.
With the latest version? That should be impossible. Even if the sync system breaks, there's no way they should drop a second satellite. I wonder if you're having the same problem as X-it. Did you get the multiple options when you started the script up?
X-it wrote:I've had a Disco doing the deployment so far. When I started the game just now after installing this update, I tried to set the order to deploy advanced sats again. I immediately got the 'command accepted' message, without the new input options.

I tried to set its order to 'None', and then 'Re-init script caches' in the script editor. Then I gave it the command again, but the same thing happened; no extra options.

I haven't checked, but does this update completely overwrite the earlier version, or do I need to remove some files from the old version?
I changed some of the names and such, but that shouldn't matter. Still, probably the best idea is to completely remove all script files, start the game, and make sure no ships are running the script. Then save it again, and install the new version.

Bh

Anoik
x3tc

Post by Anoik » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 00:08

Bhruic wrote:Right now it will do everything but the "return to the capital ship" part. Hopefully I can get that working in the next release.
Thanks for your reply Bhruic. It will be nice to have the ship to return to a capital ship or station when his job is done, and await there for new orders or for destroyed sats to replace.

Bhruic
x3tc

Post by Bhruic » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 00:10

I've updated to v1.11 with a proper German translation (thanks CO. Dragon Corp!). That's really the only change, so if you are playing in English, you don't need to upgrade.

Bh

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 00:56

Bhruic wrote:
X-it wrote:@
I changed some of the names and such, but that shouldn't matter. Still, probably the best idea is to completely remove all script files, start the game, and make sure no ships are running the script. Then save it again, and install the new version.
Thanks, I went through the list of 'bh'-files in my scripts folder, and there were many more than in your latest version. Also the init-file was different. I removed them all and reinstalled.

Actually the ship I was using got destroyed during my last game session, so when I reload the game now afterwards there are definitely no ships running your script.

And regarding the freeze, I think we have nailed that down to another script (Myros TerraCorp Combat Pilots addon). He's reproduced the freeze, and is going to look into it tomorrow.

Cheers!

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 01:37

X-it wrote:
Bhruic wrote:
X-it wrote:@
Thanks, I went through the list of 'bh'-files in my scripts folder, and there were many more than in your latest version. Also the init-file was different. I removed them all and reinstalled.

Actually the ship I was using got destroyed during my last game session, so when I reload the game now afterwards there are definitely no ships running your script.

And regarding the freeze, I think we have nailed that down to another script (Myros TerraCorp Combat Pilots addon). He's reproduced the freeze, and is going to look into it tomorrow.

Cheers!
Interesting. Can you tell me more?

Is it just the addon or also the current version 1.4 of the standalone terracorp combat pilot script? I got interested in this script lately and wanted to try it out, then, if it's good, translate it.

But I'll wait and see if it's known to make trouble in the current state...
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 02:44

It's probably the addon, but I can't be sure really. Have to wait to see what Myros comes up with.

And yes, it is a great script. It adds a totally new depth to the game. You'll get new, personalised pilots with their own traits/special abilities who will get smarter/better over time, and great leaders who will do much work for you if they command a task force (which is the addon). They can command 100s of ships if they got a high rank, and basically make things very interesting. :) It's still in the early stages (hence the bug), but will probably become very complex and a 'must-have' for everyone. It basically turns X3 into a new game...

But maybe we should discuss this in the correct thread instead... :P

Anyway this script is great too, and I'll probably use some of my combat pilots to deploy those satellites!Should be a suitable task for them to gain some rank and experience... :)

ajw2255
x3

Post by ajw2255 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 12:26

ajw2255 wrote:
However iv been using two ships to drop the sats and they have duplicated them in a couple of sectors. Just to let u know.

With the latest version? That should be impossible. Even if the sync system breaks, there's no way they should drop a second satellite. I wonder if you're having the same problem as X-it. Did you get the multiple options when you started the script up?
I have the script editor running all the timea nyway all i did was install it and run it. Although its only happened in two sectors out of about 60 so far so im not too worried, Good script.
Destroy the mothership and the cards will fall like a stack of dominoes. Checkmate

Bhruic
x3tc

Post by Bhruic » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 12:40

Ok, but my question was - did you get presented with a series of questions requiring input when you ran it, or did it run immediately? If the former, then it's a bug, if the latter, then you are actually running the earlier version of the script.

Bh

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:45

Would it be possible to put in a "sector coverage" option? So the script decides the most appropriate number of satellites for each sector based on the size (gate distance maybe?) 1 advanced sat will cover all the gates in a lot of sectors, but not all of them. Even when it doesn't, 8 can be a bit of overkill!

Also, any chance of an option to make it use one of your sat factories for resupply instead of buying elsewhere?

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 23:17

I keep getting messages with this Script saying No ship ( deploy ship) is on list. Is this a bug or have I not installed it properly.???

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 04:34

The little bit that I've played with the script, since you updated it, I've enjoyed. My fast and speedy ships are getting killed off a lot more though :cry: I think it's because of the extended time in the sector, placing the satellites.

Before I just had a couple disco's speeding through, they'd drop a satellite, and move on. Now, I started having Novas as my deployers, so they can withstand the pirates better.
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 05:30

I've been running a Discoverer for a few hours now placing 8 normal sats in each sector. It works great, but it's having a hard time finding enough satellites. It usually buys 10-12, just enough for little over 1 sector, then it has to go look again.

I think he sets the sats a bit too close, as they overlap each other very much, and the effective area is still quite small. Haven't tried advanced sats yet though (a bit too expensive for me now).

I would also like the option of having them place 4 sats in each sector, something like random50 mentioned, but I suspect his suggestion would be quite difficult to manage? Another option with 4 sats in a square would be great for now.

But this is a great script that seems to be working very well. Thanks!

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 07:33

Trevelvis wrote:I keep getting messages with this Script saying No ship ( deploy ship) is on list. Is this a bug or have I not installed it properly.???
I get this message too, every few minutes in the log file. The ship whose ID it includes definately exists and seems to be running the script just fine.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 07:43

Ah, so this is where those messages come from? I have them too. I thought it was Myros' Combat Pilots script, but apparently it is this then.

Edit: Here's how it looks:

[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”