[BONUS Plugin] TelCat - Teleporter Catapult v1.61 04-8-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burianek
x3tc

[BONUS Plugin] TelCat - Teleporter Catapult v1.61 04-8-05

Post by Burianek » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 03:25

Hi all,
Here's another signed script for you to enjoy, available in the bonus package.
This one has been available as an unsigned script in the forums for some time, so I'll include a link to the thread discussing the unsigned script.

We can start a new official thread to discuss the signed version here.

Scripter: Ghalador

From the readme:
readme wrote: Description

TelCat is a catapult-launching-device for your M1 carrier. One fighter is launched every 0.5 seconds. Beyond that, the script provides several tools to manage the fighters of your carrier, including auto-rename, rearm, form squads, send to repair-dock, and many more.

Requirements -

One (or more) M1-class carrier
- The carrier must have an installed Transporter Device (Goner)
- The carrier must have fighters on board (M3, M4, M5)
- One Transporter Device must be installed in every fighter. For your convenience, there is a command to automatically equip all of your fighters with transporter devices (see: TelCat: Install Fleet)
- Fight Command Software MK2 must be installed in every fighter (dont forget to buy this when you buy your fighters).
- Optional: one or more TS class freighters with your carrier set as homebase (ths is needed for the auto-rearm-feature)
Much more information in the actual readme.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 15:51

:thumb_up: Galador ..

nice to see you got it signed ..
saves me the time to put my own 'flavour' up ..:P

G

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 15:59

Red Spot wrote::thumb_up: Galador ..

nice to see you got it signed ..
saves me the time to put my own 'flavour' up ..:P

G
TelCat startes back in late 2004. It has been a long way.
Have fun: Gala Do.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Fri, 5. Aug 05, 19:24

Ghalador im sure its a great peice of scripting but its not for me.

The script sends the fighters out to quick for my taste and i prefer the MH_Carrier script to it.
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 10:43

Small edit for your read-me:
Terracorp HQ does NOT sell the Transporter Device!

just took me an hour to realise what i was doing wrong... i should of known better lol

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 11:14

Storm666 wrote:Small edit for your read-me:

just took me an hour to realise what i was doing wrong... i should of known better lol
That's absolutely correct, but not my fault. ^^
I never wrote that. The original was: "(only the Temple of the Goner in original X2)".

But on the other hand ...maby it is time to change X2 that way! I will ask Lucike on that matter.
Last edited by Ghalador on Sat, 6. Aug 05, 11:28, edited 2 times in total.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 11:23

Legion400 wrote:Ghalador im sure its a great peice of scripting but its not for me.

The script sends the fighters out to quick for my taste and i prefer the MH_Carrier script to it.
No harm done. Use whatever you like most. But maby you can help me to improve TelCat.
The point wich i don't understand is: "...sends the fighters out to quick..."
You stil need 75 sec to empty your SM1. If an enemy fleet rushes toward you, the forces will clash before 75 secs are up.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:10

I can confirm that the readme Ghalador produced was correct.
Ghalador, said it before, say it again... excellent piece of work. Many thanks.
Karl

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:55

Ghalador wrote:

That's absolutely correct, but not my fault. ^^
I never wrote that. The original was: "(only the Temple of the Goner in original X2)".

But on the other hand ...maby it is time to change X2 that way! I will ask Lucike on that matter.
My fault.
I thought for sure the Terracorp HQ sold them.
I must've gotten confused after the plot mission where they install one on your ship. (been a long time since I've played X2)
Sorry.
Cheers.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 21:05

Burianek wrote:I must've gotten confused after the plot mission where they install one on your ship. (been a long time since I've played X2)
Lol ...they install a jumpdrive. :P That's why you cant go there with an M5.
But who cares. I think it should be the way you describe it in the readme and Lucike is willing to talk about it.

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 22:35

Burianek,I've been using the unsigned version for some time.Will there be any problems with my save games when I install the new Bonus Pack?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 04:13

To ensure that you have no issues with the old script, I'd first stop all of my ships that are running any commands associated with the unsigned version, and then save the game. (Just issuing a stop order stops most scripts)
Then I'd remove all of the old, unsigned scripts from my script directory. (you only really need to remove the setup script, but it doesn't hurt to remove them all)
Then I'd install the bonus pack with the new signed version.

Then when you restart your ships, they'll be using the new version.

Note that any command wares installed by the unsigned version might still be in the new game. You'd have to remove those manually with a script to get rid of them. (if any exist, and if they aren't simply the sames ones used by the signed version)

Hope that helps.

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 15:32

Stonerkrieg wrote:Burianek,I've been using the unsigned version for some time.Will there be any problems with my save games when I install the new Bonus Pack?
If you are talking about TelCat only, then there is no problem. Simply delete textpage 256 (in t-folder). Or do nothing... doesnt really matter.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 17:27

Ghalador wrote:
Legion400 wrote:Ghalador im sure its a great peice of scripting but its not for me.

No harm done. Use whatever you like most. "But maby you can help me to improve TelCat."
You stil need 75 sec to empty your SM1. If an enemy fleet rushes toward you, the forces will clash before 75 secs are up.
I'm currently remaking/improving my QFLS-script ..
and it will have a 'multi-role' (like in, it will contain various commands to 'promote' fighter-use)
I'm happy to share any 'part' of the script ..
(basicly my 'launch' scripts are simple versions of yours .. but with a lot of 'additional' commands ..(partly tucked away in the 'launch X' command))
(however this would more or less be with the idea off giving your script some 'extras' .. not so much improve it..)

anyhow ..I cant share/help with anything ATM (cause I have no 'home' Inet connection)

ps;for a general idea of what it 'was' .. check this -> http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82484

G

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 18:30

Red Spot wrote:
Ghalador wrote:

No harm done. Use whatever you like most. "But maby you can help me to improve TelCat."
I'm currently remaking/improving my QFLS-script ..
and it will have a 'multi-role' (like in, it will contain various commands to 'promote' fighter-use)
I'm happy to share any 'part' of the script ..
(basicly my 'launch' scripts are simple versions of yours .. but with a lot of 'additional' commands ..(partly tucked away in the 'launch X' command))
(however this would more or less be with the idea off giving your script some 'extras' .. not so much improve it..)

anyhow ..I cant share/help with anything ATM (cause I have no 'home' Inet connection)

ps;for a general idea of what it 'was' .. check this -> http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82484

G
The "roleset" for fighters is an old idea, but no an easy one.
Next version of TelCat will try some approaches.

* Any fighter can be launched as "Attack my target" (+0), "Defend me" (+10000), "Attack closest enemy" (+20000) or "Kill all enemies" (+30000).

* An M3 with MLP >79% counts as bomber. They will load 10 hornets, every other M3 counts as fighter and gets 5 dragonflies.

* Bombers can be launched/docked by command 6000. They attack the designated target and return to carrier.

* Command +40000 sends out hunting squads of 5 ships

...things like that.

PS: I can only use fightscripts wich allready exist in the game.
Maby Thor Systems will change that, since the AI will be able to let you feel the same pain.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 21:47

Anyone been able to launch lot's of fighters from your carriers yet ??

I just tried it, can't say my pc liked it much. :shock: this is so a cool script but my game becomes so slow that it becomes unplayable. :oops:

and i'm just talking abput 25 fighters in total not 130 like my collosus can handle.

Any tips how i can tweak the graphics abit to make it atleast flyable in system ??? :evil: Even with everything off my game is still unplayable. And i really wanna try this script. :roll:

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 21:59

I launched 25 fighters to attack the M0(in hindsight a waste) during the omyicron lyrae mission the other day using telcat. I also had a titan, 4 ospreys including myself, and all the AI khaak and friendly ships. My FPS dropped down to like 4 or 5, but it was still playable,,, barely.

What kind of hardware are you running?

My system:
Athlon 64 @2.5Ghz (~3800+)
2GB RAM
Geforce 6800

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 22:18

It's in my signiture.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 10:26

i posted this in another thread up but as stated by an moderator i shold repost it here
OK ive been pking around the new bonus addons expecialy telcat as I was in the process of writing a cript like it when it came out.

The thing is the killled signal bind on the carrier has a bad downside. I had a carrier in the middle of Xenon 472 ok it fighters were out playing with the local populus when the carrier got hammered by 3 M2s

NOw YOu expect the fightes to keep atacking but insted they retreted all 150 of them. Damit having to order them to stay and fight was a pain. (I know if i have another carrier it would have gone there but i did not.

The killed signal bind on M1s needs to be reworked. Id advise anyone atemping to use M1 in Battle situation with telcat to think twice befor installing this script cuse soon as the carrier go boom your fighters will desert you by flying to safty.

All it needs is some checking to see if its locked onto a target or just idleing around. THEN if its not retret and dock the fighter. (similer to the attack signal script by ego should have a look)

Anyway just a warining out thre for you M1 owners
I must remind ppl though that all my fighters have docking computers to make this accure if they did not it would not be an issue. Its just something that needs looking into
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 12:01

holo_doctor wrote:i posted this in another thread up but as stated by an moderator i shold repost it here
OK ive been pking around the new bonus addons expecialy telcat as I was in the process of writing a cript like it when it came out.

The thing is the killled signal bind on the carrier has a bad downside. I had a carrier in the middle of Xenon 472 ok it fighters were out playing with the local populus when the carrier got hammered by 3 M2s

NOw YOu expect the fightes to keep atacking but insted they retreted all 150 of them. Damit having to order them to stay and fight was a pain. (I know if i have another carrier it would have gone there but i did not.

The killed signal bind on M1s needs to be reworked. Id advise anyone atemping to use M1 in Battle situation with telcat to think twice befor installing this script cuse soon as the carrier go boom your fighters will desert you by flying to safty.

All it needs is some checking to see if its locked onto a target or just idleing around. THEN if its not retret and dock the fighter. (similer to the attack signal script by ego should have a look)

Anyway just a warining out thre for you M1 owners
I must remind ppl though that all my fighters have docking computers to make this accure if they did not it would not be an issue. Its just something that needs looking into
Well, there is a problem:
If the fighters stay after the home-carrier is destroyed, you will lose them as well. The command "attack my target" simply stops to work.

What would you like the fighters to do?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”