[Mayhem 3] Renegades 3.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3] Renegades 2.5

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 4. Mar 24, 18:59

i believe to make this work with fleet sector monitoring you'll have to delete their homebase.
The patrol command should also work but its not as smart as the fleet monitoring. Your ships would briefly defend each patrol sector and not immediately home in on the location where the enemy actually is.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 01:09

I believe I may have found the spoken system names bug. Please read comments in an earlier post that I updated. Thanks.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 03:50

Think u nailed the sector name issue. So i made a fresh install of X3AP and then pasted everything in renegade over. Made an OG map, then a zmap, and i confirmed the issue was still present. First tried option one, donnu about you but i had 2 00044.pak files(_00044 & 00044) i deleted them both. Boom issue resolved didn't even have to make a new zmap the initial one i made worked fine with sector names.

So i think that's that. In regards to 2.6 will that include your new early game threats and/or will that require a new game?

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 05:44

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 01:09
I believe I may have found the spoken system names bug. Please read comments in an earlier post that I updated. Thanks.
A new renegades version is coming? Any eta on that because I was going to restart my playtheough

Any hints as to what changes you are making?
Known as "Test90" on discord

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 15:14

Awesome. Glad that fixed the sector name issue. That sucker has been plaguing us all for a long time now. Yes, you can delete both of those .pck files in that location. I'll be putting that action into the Cleanup.bat file in the patch(es).

Yes, I am extremely sad to tell you all that I've been working every day since the initial release on a follow-up release. I will never let you finish a game !

I'm in final testing on it now.. Have 2 minor text issues to correct, and one dialog is coming up with blank text so I need to figure out what happened there, but generally, for all the changes I made, it's playing pretty smooth. I hope to get it out within a few days.. perhaps sooner depending on this last bug. This next release will be incremental so you won't have to do another full install.. Just overwrite a few dozen files.. Unfortunately, the changes are so extensive that you will have to start a new game. I've also found and linked in some very nice spoken npc text(s) to support the Renegades feature which means you'll need to generate a new map if you want to hear any of it. Sorry, it was just too difficult to impossible to separate it out... Among some really awesome QOL improvements, yes, I will finally add some actual Renegades to your early to mid game. They provide an interesting twist/distraction for when you are spending hours on end doing nothing but checking your factories and thinking you are safe in the dark cold vastness of space. There's also a nerf that will no doubt bother some, but once you get used to the idea, I think it will drastically improve your games. I may put that one under a switch, but it just feels so right.

Ok.. back to work.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 19:56

So i started a new game because ive made a lot of mistakes in my first game while learning the mod

I built my first outpost and its storage is empty. Arent you supposed to start with some resources from the get go? I think i remember that my last game i had some resources from the start

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 5. Mar 24, 23:59

naisha wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 19:56
So i started a new game because ive made a lot of mistakes in my first game while learning the mod
I built my first outpost and its storage is empty. Arent you supposed to start with some resources from the get go? I think i remember that my last game i had some resources from the start
You absolutely do get resources in your first outpost. It used to be placed in your TL ship, but Hector moved it over to your first outpost.
I've not seen this myself, and no one else has reported it. It would be a very obvious show stopper for everyone right at the start, so If you're not getting resources in your first outpost, it's very likely you didn't install correctly.
You should be aware, I have a new release coming out probably within the next day.. You may want to wait for it.. new features and all.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 05:26

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 23:59
naisha wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 19:56
You absolutely do get resources in your first outpost. It used to be placed in your TL ship, but Hector moved it over to your first outpost.
I've not seen this myself, and no one else has reported it. It would be a very obvious show stopper for everyone right at the start, so If you're not getting resources in your first outpost, it's very likely you didn't install correctly.
You should be aware, I have a new release coming out probably within the next day.. You may want to wait for it.. new features and all.
Spoiler
Show
But it's not a bad install. At least I don't think it is. I already played on this install for 2 in-game days before deciding to restart and I didn't notice anything abnormal in that game.
In my first game my first outpost did get resources, this time not.

Anyway since a new version is coming I'll wait for it

EDIT: Hmm, something might be wrong with my game it seems. I have 2 ongoing games (1 at work 1 at home) and in both games i just finished the ascension. I just placed my first outpost in my second game and again, no resources. What could have happened? I didnt mess with files (other than the configuration files, i change how much scanning the scanner does and increased the amount of research research stations produce. Other than that, both installs are unchanged. My previous game which i played up until yesterday worked fine.

EDIT 2: Just out of curiousity i reinstalled the mod on a clean X3 Albion Prelude install to test if i get resources in my outposts. I followed the install instructions to the letter. I used the quickstart option and placed an outpost right away. I can confirm that the outpost starts with no resources.
EDIT 3 : Sorry for all the crap i write but i wanted to also mention that in this new, fresh install, khaak weapons are purple-ish and have a different sound effect when firing. In my last game on the other install, they were green and the sound effects were different and much louder. Thought i should mention this oddity.
The only difference from the last install to this one is that last time i had installed x3AP, litcube and then mayhem zero hour and then renegades on top. This time i just copied Renegades on top of clean X3 AP (ran cleanup.bat, deleted the file from addon/mov folder to fix sector names, replaced the exe with the non steam one and applied the patch linked in the op)

Also, ive noticed Mercenaries using PX ships. Is that normal? I dont think ive seen this before today

EDIT 4: I figured out why i wasnt getting any resources. Infact Hector already figured it out in the past. I remembered he was replying to someone saying that when placing a mine on an asteroid he was getting 1 product per cycle or something like that. Turns out if you use remote station drop, it kinda breaks the stations. My outposts which had no resources were all placed using the remote drop but now after remembering that discussion i tried placing the station from the cargo hold of the TL.
It works fine now.

I suggest looking into the remote station drop script. Something is off with that one

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 14:33

Ok, bug verified.

To be more specific though, the Remote Drop Station command isn't the problem. I always use it.. it works fine for this. The problem is the "Drop Station At" command.
Your comment about how Hector had to fix it for Mines was a good clue. He did indeed find a problem with it being used on Mines. That was one of the flawed features I asked him to integrate into his last Zero Hour release, so none of it is his fault. He is still the holy center of all that is Mayhem and shall not be blemisssssshed by thissssss Teladi propaganda.

Anyway.. I'll see what I can do to get it fixed and will delay today's release until I do. Hopefully it will be a quickie.

Good Catch.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 15:43

Yeah. Drop station at. That's the one.

Now I feel a bit bad that you have to delay the release hehe

I was excited to see the new changes you are making in the new release :)

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:16

Hey, any idea what kind of defences the pirate base have?

I settled in a system with a pirate base thinking it wont be that hard to deal with them but they are causing serious issues and now im thinking what do i need to blow it up. What kind of defending force do they have and what kind of force i would need to defeat them?

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:29

They spew out the occasional group of M3 fighters, and on occasion some M6's.
If you attack one, you'll probably see a lot more come pouring out.
If you kill a Pirate base, there is a % chance that it will immediately spawn a Pirate Warlord (M7) class ship. If you can take it's shields down quickly, the warlord abandons it and you can claim it.
To kill one, it can be pretty hard early game. They send out a few waves in the first hour or so which are hard to deal with and then it tapers off. If you can weather those early waves, you may be ok just letting it sit.
To kill one, I generally wait until I get a couple M7's, and I sit in one because killing while you are In-System is far faster. You can kill one with less, but will take far longer, and if that Warlord spawns, you'll need at least a decent M7 or equivalent to take him on.

Also remember, that pirate bases will buy your space weed, and also supply a means to buy experienced marines for boarding operations, so killing them isn't always the way to go depending on what you value.

You can choose the Perk that helps you with pirates. I think that essentially makes then run to another system before they look for targets, but that's not so helpful when the next system is yours.
Hope that helps.
Last edited by Hairless-Ape on Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:31

Version 2.60 is Out

It may be a while before another large release. I really wanted to get some of this into 2.5, but didn't have the time, so here it is.
Please feel free to send me bug reports (private message is best.. thank you).

Cheers.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:33

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:31
Version 2.60 is Out

It may be a while before another large release. I really wanted to get some of this into 2.5, but didn't have the time, so here it is.

Cheers.

Nice :)
Thank you for your work!
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:29
They spew out the occasional group of M3 fighters, and on occasion some M6's.
If you attack one, you'll probably see a lot more come pouring out.
If you kill a Pirate base, there is a % chance that it will immediately spawn a Pirate Warlord (M7) class ship. If you can take it's shields down quickly, the warlord abandons it and you can claim it.
To kill one, it can be pretty hard early game. They send out a few waves in the first hour or so which are hard to deal with and then it tapers off. If you can weather those early waves, you may be ok just letting it sit.
To kill one, I generally wait until I get a couple M7's, and I sit in one because killing while you are In-System is far faster. You can kill one with less, but will take far longer, and if that Warlord spawns, you'll need at least a decent M7 or equivalent to take him on.

You can choose the Perk that helps you with pirates. I think that essentially makes then run to another system before they look for targets, but that's not so helpful when the next system is yours.
Hope that helps.
Yes, that was helpful thank you

I have a question about fleets. I noticed that even tho the fleet is set to auto maintain and auto repair, the leader of the fleet never seems to go to repair or get inspected. Is that intended or is just a bug or a limitation with how the fleets are handled ?

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:35

naisha wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:33
I have a question about fleets. I noticed that even tho the fleet is set to auto maintain and auto repair, the leader of the fleet never seems to go to repair or get inspected. Is that intended or is just a bug or a limitation with how the fleets are handled ?
Yea, I've noticed the same thing and it's annoying. I've never really looked over that code and it's likely Hector0x would know far more. I may add it to my list though for future stuff to look at.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:38

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:35
naisha wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:33
Yea, I've noticed the same thing and it's annoying. I've never really looked over that code and it's likely Hector0x would know far more. I may add it to my list though for future stuff to look at.
Ok.

About the new release, is there a way to disable Renegade Incursions? It sounds nice but for now i would like to stick without them. Not a big deal mind you

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:54

naisha wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:38
About the new release, is there a way to disable Renegade Incursions? It sounds nice but for now i would like to stick without them. Not a big deal mind you
No. I wanted it to be a threat like the Pirates that you always have to keep in mind. Don't consider them a difficult threat, and certainly not as overpowering as the Pirates can be early game; think of the Renegades as Entertainment, and something to Hunt. They can certainly take out your valuable ships, but they won't swarm all over you. Also note, that on any difficulty level below Hard, it will only spawn Raider class M3's. Also, they don't kick off right when you start the game. You have to reach a certain level of Fleet power before they appear.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 19:08

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:54
naisha wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:38
No. I wanted it to be a threat like the Pirates that you always have to keep in mind. Don't consider them a difficult threat, and certainly not as overpowering as the Pirates can be early game; think of the Renegades as Entertainment, and something to Hunt. They can certainly take out your valuable ships, but they won't swarm all over you. Also note, that on any difficulty level below Hard, it will only spawn Raider class M3's. Also, they don't kick off right when you start the game. You have to reach a certain level of Fleet power before they appear.
Ok good

Btw this is the message that causes the 1fps issue (where the game comes to a crawl when reading the message)
https://tinypic.host/images/2024/03/06/message.jpeg

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 04:55

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:31
Version 2.60 is Out

Cheers.
Nice, time to settle in and take this run as far as i can.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 07:05

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:35
I remember thinking about this before. My problem was that the fleet should not follow their commander to his repair. So swapping the commander would be necessary.
But which ship should take over? Slowest? Biggest? Or same class as before? Should the original commander immediately get degraded to follower or should he resume command after the repair? What happens if he dies? What if the player selects a new commander before the old one returns? These fallback solutions seemed quite complicated and i couldn’t come up with satisfying answers to these questions.
naisha wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 18:16
Hey, any idea what kind of defences the pirate base have?

I settled in a system with a pirate base thinking it wont be that hard to deal with them but they are causing serious issues and now im thinking what do i need to blow it up. What kind of defending force do they have and what kind of force i would need to defeat them?
About 40 M3 or 8 M6 should do the trick. You can try with less, especially if you only want to destroy the base and are willing to run away from the potential M7 spawn.
The most dangerous pirate wave which could be spawning right on top of you during the station siege should be like 3 M6 at once. But they don't have any dedicated defenders so it would just be bad luck.

Avoiding the pirates is also viable earlygame. The pirate contract perk helps of course but its not required. In Renegades the pirates seem to concentrate more in sectors which are close to pirate bases and they focus a bit less on freighters so any of these tactics might have become less effective now:

- early on you can avoid Agents/Workers/Couriers and send freighters or manual convoys whenever the coast is clear. Generally ship cargospace is so big that only few hauling trips are required
- If you have at least 1 point of infamy the pirates will attack your ships much less and are also very likely to skip your sectors, leaving them immediately
- It is possible to run your entire economy without using any freighters at all, other than your TL to build stations. You can outsource the pirate risk to foreign traders. Distant Outposts can transfer critical resources via Interorbital Storage

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”