Change Opacity of Mission Text Boxes?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Klatu
x3ap

Change Opacity of Mission Text Boxes?

Post by Klatu » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 08:26

Anyone know how I might adjust the opacity of the mission dialogue boxes? Or failing that change the text colour used?

I find it hard to read mission text with background objects filtering through the window. It also doesn't help that the text colour blends too well with the window image. Just trying to cut back on the eye-strain lol.

Klatu
x3ap

Re: Change Opacity of Mission Text Boxes?

Post by Klatu » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 11:05

Not the most ideal solution but I managed to remedy this by creating my own font. Bonus effect of this being it overrides that horrendous mission window backdrop LU uses.

https://i.imgur.com/1bVVoKr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xf9EmKk.jpg

*Pictures greater than 640x480 linked. See forum rules - N8M4R3*
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Sun, 23. Apr 23, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: oversized pictures linked

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:24

Hi Klatu,

I've linked your pictures because they were too big to post them here directly. Another possibility would be to post them as thumbnails or to put them into spoilers.

The colours look like the default colours from game which are formatted like this "\033Btext\033X" Where the "B" stands for blue colour farmatting. There are also A,C,G,K,M,O,R,W,Y and Z as colour codes avaiIable. Don't know how its handled in LU but maybe you find something like this which you can change. The main files for the game user interface elements: gui_master.dds, interface_framework_XT_diff.dds and interface_template_blackpearl_diff.dds you will find them in the dds folder. Mostly packed into the cat/dat files. If you want to change something on there too.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 07:25

Hey N8M4R3,

Thanks a lot for that. It turns out a large part of the problem was the text font and backdrop image. Ideally I would like to change all mission textboxes to the dark variants as it contrasts text so well. Using a larger semibold font also helps a lot for general readability.

The annoying part about that is, the UI cannot support text much larger than the original scale. You will see in those images, those weird object suffixes overlap certain parts now. You wouldn't happen to know how to disable those? The naming extensions on objects I mean. That would clean the interface up so much.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 14:12

Klatu wrote:
Mon, 24. Apr 23, 07:25
... You will see in those images, those weird object suffixes overlap certain parts now. You wouldn't happen to know how to disable those? The naming extensions on objects I mean. ...
These object suffixes are the ship ids. I don't know if there's something different in LU but normally they cannot be deactivated. These ID patterns are defined on page 1263 and only have the function of distinguishing ships with the same name (type) for the player.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 14:36

N8M4R3 wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 14:12
Klatu wrote:
Mon, 24. Apr 23, 07:25
... You will see in those images, those weird object suffixes overlap certain parts now. You wouldn't happen to know how to disable those? The naming extensions on objects I mean. ...
These object suffixes are the ship ids. I don't know if there's something different in LU but normally they cannot be deactivated. These ID patterns are defined on page 1263 and only have the function of distinguishing ships with the same name (type) for the player.
Ahh crud. I was afraid you would say that. I find it odd that they didn't just move those ID's into the context menus. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”