**modified** achievement notifications

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blitz4
x4

**modified** achievement notifications

Post by Blitz4 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 03:31

Say I had a **modified** game and I wanted to just know if I got an achievement. Not credit, but just know if I did it. Is that listed publicly via log or api?

Also is there a thread as big as the scripts thread that lists all achievement-friendly mods?
EDIT: Found some help regarding unmodified-safe mods by reading that pinned thread. Thank you kindly.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: **modified** achievement notifications

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 13:03

In X3TC and X3AP the achievements only show up when not modified. If you are modified they are ignored.

In X3FL however the achievements continue to work while modified (they just don't unlock via steam). They will still show the notification I game and you can view them in the achievements menu

Blitz4
x4

Re: **modified** achievement notifications

Post by Blitz4 » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 07:55

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 13:03
In X3TC and X3AP the achievements only show up when not modified. If you are modified they are ignored.

In X3FL however the achievements continue to work while modified (they just don't unlock via steam). They will still show the notification I game and you can view them in the achievements menu
I bow to you good sir.

The solution I hinted at and the issue you mentioned in X3FL:
https://github.com/gibbed/SteamAchievementManager

That is a very old tool and it's rumored, but not proven, that if using a game that included VAC and you had that game running, then you decided to run SAM above, then alter the achievements, you would get a VAC ban (very very bad). I have yet to see one proven case of this happening. The most common answer to that is to: quit the game, then use the tool.

Me, I use it often to remove Steam achievements from my account, so I can play the game all over for the first time. Yes, X3 has that already with the "-clearstatsandachievements" option. And X3 tc/ap have nosteam exe's. It doesn't seem Valve ever paid any attention to it. This does mean if you seen someone's achievements completing DiD mode, it might not be factual. I don't use it to achieve things that I didn't do, nor do I brag about my achievements, I use them as a mini-game. I don't know what's the correct answer around this tool. It's useful for X3FL at least.

It means that I can really get the best experience possible in X3FL, no worrying about green pollution blocking my vision, I can get a universal best buy's tool, etc. I'm psyched!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”