[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.0b

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 14. Dec 23, 15:46

unknown1 wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 21:24
i only know about this mod:
Alternate Ringless Gates - Repacked For LU:
viewtopic.php?p=4528521#p4528521

SheepleShooter
x3fl

Post by SheepleShooter » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 07:51

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 06:49
SheepleShooter wrote:
Tue, 12. Dec 23, 14:52
Welcome and thanks.

Destroying all Xenon stations should turn the sector abandoned.

3/0 Miners:
First number are your current Miners. Second number is the automatic replacement quota that the empire automation wants to fill up. Your setting just means that you have assigned them manually and no Miner will get produced automatically. Clicking on the number opens a menu where you can set these quotas up.

The origin galaxy start is currently busted. Factions are not expanding properly. Will get fixed in 2.1.

Your pirate base distribution seems to be coincidence.
Thanks! Do you know yet whether 2.1 will be compatible with existing games?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 16:41

SheepleShooter wrote:
Fri, 15. Dec 23, 07:51
Thanks! Do you know yet whether 2.1 will be compatible with existing games?
savegames will be compatible. Including that NPC claim rate fix for the origin start.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sat, 23. Dec 23, 18:35

I have Outpost full of resouces. But there are only meat on station information screen, EC and ore on Outpost manager -> Logistics -> Storage screen, and another set of recouces on Station Parametres screen (also there are about 20 IRE price adjustment options there, may be it is the key to the problem). I can see some of my resources only on the factory screens of Otpost manager.

Save. Outpost: Arteus' Clouds.

Updated: It happens if I recycle Solar Power Plant in outpost's system. Uploaded save X02, using which u can test the bug yourself.

archelf33
x2

Post by archelf33 » Mon, 25. Dec 23, 13:04

Darkternal wrote:
Sat, 23. Dec 23, 18:35
I have Outpost full of resouces. But there are only meat on station information screen, EC and ore on Outpost manager -> Logistics -> Storage screen, and another set of recouces on Station Parametres screen (also there are about 20 IRE price adjustment options there, may be it is the key to the problem). I can see some of my resources only on the factory screens of Otpost manager.

Save. Outpost: Arteus' Clouds.

Updated: It happens if I recycle Solar Power Plant in outpost's system. Uploaded save X02, using which u can test the bug yourself.
I had this issue too and reported it on page 16 of this thread. I worked around this problem by using the cheat menu to remove the product from the Outpost in question. There were two Impulse Ray Emitters listed and I had to remove the correct one to solve the issue. Removing both worked too. You don't really need IRE's with the new update anyway.

bretsabeast
x3fl

Post by bretsabeast » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 02:02

When I start a new game, I get a message "Critical Error: Mayhem.Template.Template". I can click OK and it goes away and never returns. I'm positive I've installed LU, Mayhem, and ZH properly and have a correct map (made with galaxy generator then gone through the Zmap tool, set as active, all that). I have 3 separate installation folders: one for LU, one for LU+ Mayhem, and 1 for LU + Mayhem + ZH. Running the LU or LU + Mayhem installations come up with no errors.

Should I continue with my new game and safely ignore that message? I just don't wanna try to learn the game if there's something wrong as I'll not likely notice since I know nothing about the game essentially.

I'm totally new to the X series, but wanted to get right into LU + Mayhem + Zero Hour as I've spent hours reading about them and I want the best possible experience. I know it's a lot to learn.

Thanks!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 06:46

bretsabeast wrote:
Thu, 28. Dec 23, 02:02
These template errors usually mean that there is a ship missing in the game files. At a new gamestart Mayhem spawns each ship type once and equips it to save the loadout.
The error could' ve been caused by a wrong numbering of your cat/dat files in x3/addon/types/. The game basically treats those like an official patch and things will break if their order is not correct. Make sure that there is no gap between the numbers.
There are also extra optional Mayhem cat files for alternate graphical effects like disabled engine trails. If you want those you must be careful to give them a higher number and not replace for example the cat file which ships with ZH. Yes its a confusing installation. Maybe there will be an installer one day.

Once i get back home i can give you the correct filesizes for the cat files. I believe Mayhem uses 10.cat and 11.cat and ZH defaults to 12.cat

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 14:09

If installed correctly, this error will not occur. I have never encountered such an error.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 14:19

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 28. Dec 23, 14:09
alexalsp » Чт, 28. дек 23, 16:09

If installed correctly
I fault installing mayhem a couple of times before. This installation where you should install mod on mod on mod on game blowing mind for the first time. I suggest the author to pin link to your self installable repack.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Thu, 28. Dec 23, 14:23

Hector0x wrote:
Thu, 28. Dec 23, 06:46
Maybe there will be an installer one day.
don't look up :mrgreen:

bretsabeast
x3fl

Post by bretsabeast » Fri, 29. Dec 23, 03:22

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 28. Dec 23, 14:09
If installed correctly, this error will not occur. I have never encountered such an error.
You were correct, it seems I never installed the Mayhem "Graphics pack". I downloaded the Mayhem ZIP and assumed it came with everything that was needed for the install, as the guide I followed effectively glossed over that step; I found that step by reading the readme inside the Mayhem ZIP. Kinda strange that a necessary graphics folder is not within the official Mayhem ZIP, but whatever lol. EDIT: Also strange that my folder with strictly a LU + Mayhem installation offers no errors when ran without the graphics pack! Good thing I chose to go with ZH, else my Mayhem game woulda been bugged out at some point.

After installing the graphics pack, the game booted without the error.

Thanks everyone for confirming I made a mistake and prompting me to re-check my installation.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.1

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 27. Jan 24, 13:36

Mayhem 2.1 release:

Note ZMap 1.7.4 viewtopic.php?f=94&t=449012 is available here. You will only need it if you're choosing both Chaotic Start and Clustered Void start at the same time. Otherwise, don't bother with it, as 1.7.3 is good.

The latest Mayhem 3 - Version 2.1 release has an invalid file:
\mayhem_data\template_00044.xml
You can temporarily get a working one here. https://eve.transcendsharp.com/Mayhem/t ... _00044.zip
Unzip it into your \mayhem_data folder and Re-Generate a new Map. Any map created with the original template file will not work correctly (audio).

Note: I've not fully tested the template. Try it and let me know if your sector names are spoken correctly.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.1a

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 10:30

2.1a released. The audio fix will only apply to new galaxies.
If you were using a temporary workaround (template_00044.xml) you can continue playing but the 4 new Xenon ship types introduced by 2.1 will be missing ship computer vocalization.

If you want to continue an old galaxy but also want betty to say the new Xenon ship names you need to do this:
1) install 2.1a
2) generate a new galaxy using 2.1a
3) set new galaxy active in ZMap
4) copy \addon\mov\00044.xml & paste into \[old galaxy name]\addon\mov\
5) activate your old galaxy in ZMap

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 00:25

Everyone should also delete any \addon\types\TShips.txt file they might have. You may not have one, but might if you used the "Randomize Ship Stats" feature of ZMap. ZMap doesn't have the new Xenon ships Hector released in 2.1 and so if you have this file present, you won't see those new ships in your game. I'll get ZMap updated soon. Until then, you can't randomize ship stats.

VoidSoul

Post by VoidSoul » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 14:06

Hello there. I am experiencing ship pathing problem. Fleets followers always choose beacons when flying between sectors with beacons. It leads to hilarious situations when fleet leader makes a jump to neighboring sector. Fleet followers near the gate instead of making the jump turn around and fly to the beacon on other side of the sector, jump to neighboring sector via beacon and then fly to fleet leader.
To say the least, it's makes quite difficult to protect sectors like that. Clean install, and I've been playing vanilla mayhem3 just recently and fleet followers did not do such weird things. Is there workaround or is it a bug?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 3. Feb 24, 10:41

VoidSoul wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 24, 14:06
i need clearer instructions how to replicate this. I spawned jump beacons in 2 adjacent sectors and told a fleet leader to go through the warpgate. But he always takes the beacon path (even if the distance is longer which can be a slight inconvenience). His followers stay close to him.

How did you make the leader go through the warpgate and not take the jump beacon? Did you pilot the fleet leader ship yourself?

VoidSoul

Post by VoidSoul » Sat, 3. Feb 24, 16:37

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 3. Feb 24, 10:41
Did you pilot the fleet leader ship yourself?
Yes. I was piloting leader ship (led the fleet to ambush pirate m7 flagship at the gate)
Also in the save below, when i was hunting pirates and jumped from Lambda system to Trinity Sanctum via gate, fleet followers used beacon in Lambda to fly to Farnham's Legend and only then they traveled to Trinity Sanctum. It was very early in the game before i claimed Lambda if i remember correctly.

Also encountered a freeze in this particular place Save File. It happens when fleets fight each other. Sometimes i can't reach "Arrow" before it happens, sometimes it happens after i scan all three Arrows in terran fleet and then start scanning Megalodon. Hard to catch the moment.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 6. Feb 24, 13:56

VoidSoul,

Using your saved game, I believe I've fixed the instabilities. I was able to consistently repeat the problem and tracked it down to two different causes, both related to missile defense.
This fix has also been provided to Hector for review.
You are welcome to download the 2 files below and put them into your /addon/scripts folder and give it a try.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aX0u3j ... sp=sharing

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 6. Feb 24, 17:44

version 2.2 released!
VoidSoul wrote:
Sat, 3. Feb 24, 16:37
Also encountered a freeze in this particular place
Thanks for your bug report. If you plan to continue from this exact moment i recommend to briefly teleport out of the sector. This will update the faulty turret scripts.

Also your jump beacon problem should be fixed.

VoidSoul

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

Post by VoidSoul » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 05:18

Thank you for fixes :-D

Has found broken ai on Argon m6 "Phantom". It has ion cannons as it's primary weapons, which has over 20k range. The "phantom" approaches target to 20k range, drops speed to zero and that's it. It's side turrets fire just fine at targets it's not locked on and not facing straight from that range, but it's main cannons are silent until target enters range of 7-10k.
The "phantom" itself refuses to shorten the distance or fire it's main cannons, just sitting at range of 20k firing it's turrets at enemies it's not facing until target they are locket on enters range bellow 10k, then it start firing it's cannons.

The problem is both for fleet formation behavior and 2.combat->attack command. I did test only against enemy m3,m6,ts targets. Did order it attack random capital but it didn't live long enough for any proper observation.

Piloting the ship in person does wonders but in "ai" hands its completely useless due to broken ai.

Got quest to supply Lasers that are nowhere to buy or craft. Screenshot
Last edited by VoidSoul on Wed, 7. Feb 24, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”