[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.4

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 19:40

I can't seem to ever dock at Pirate bases. I want to sell my space weed.
Is there some trick to befriending the pirates, or do you know why they would deny my request to dock?
Is there a way to build reputation with Pirates and does it have any effect in the game?
I would think the more neutral traders you kill, the higher your Pirate reputation would be but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Thoughts?
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 20:29

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 19:40
Is there some trick to befriending the pirates, or do you know why they would deny my request to dock?
Is there a way to build reputation with Pirates and does it have any effect in the game?
I would think the more neutral traders you kill, the higher your Pirate reputation would be but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Thoughts?
1. Did you kill a pirate in the same sector as its homebase? If you did, you lost docking privileges at that pirate base.
2. No, pirates aren't intended to be befriended. Pirates are hardcoded to be enemies; this is an intended feature.
3. Not feasible due to pirate behavior being hardcoded, and I think Yaki reputation would probably make more sense since Yakis are organized pirates.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 04:10

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 20:29
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 19:40
Thoughts?
1. Did you kill a pirate in the same sector as its homebase? If you did, you lost docking privileges at that pirate base.
2. No, pirates aren't intended to be befriended. Pirates are hardcoded to be enemies; this is an intended feature.
3. Not feasible due to pirate behavior being hardcoded, and I think Yaki reputation would probably make more sense since Yakis are organized pirates.
I must have killed one. That makes sense. Thanks.

I think what I want to change in the game however, is this pirate hard-coded behavior you talk about. It seems to me if one can code a Sector PERK so that pirates will no longer attack any of your ships in that sector, one could also code up something that looks at your infamy level and has the effect anywhere in the universe. Or at least, a tendency.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.5

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 16:51

Enjoy the new Map Generator / Editor

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=449012

sk1_
x4

Post by sk1_ » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 23:06

Hi,

was trying out your mod and liked it a lot so far, thank you very much! :>

Found some sort of endless loop (I guess), you can download the galaxy and save here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gffkoyy90g7r2 ... g.zip?dl=0
Sadly only a few seconds until the game hangs, not sure if it is enough time to find the problem.

I'll update this if I can reproduce it with an earlier save or find a cause.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 16:35

sk1_ wrote:
Thu, 11. Aug 22, 23:06
Found some sort of endless loop (I guess)
Thanks for your report. I found the cause and will fix it for the next patch. But i didn't find a good solution yet to hotfix your active savegame which is so short before the freeze.

For now you can fix it yourself by quickly going into the cheat engine in player console, select the Nomad Flagship which is currently 1 sector south of you in 'Chi' and destroy it with the cheat command. Shortly after you will get a lot of messages about failed Nomad ship building but you can ignore those. The Nomads will eventually get a new flagship and start building again.

sk1_
x4

Post by sk1_ » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 08:23

Thanks for the quick help. Looking forward to your future releases, keep it up :>

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 15:36

sk1_ wrote:
Sat, 13. Aug 22, 08:23
Thanks for the quick help. Looking forward to your future releases, keep it up :>
actually, just deleting the Nomad flagship might not be ideal. I noticed that the broken building process would still keep running in the background, even when it doesn't freeze the game anymore. I forgot to add an exit safety that can end the script.
This build task can be manually terminated from the script editor > global script tasks > and then highlighting ZH.Nomads.Build and hitting the DEL key on it.

But it might be better if you still got an earlier save that you can load once the new update hits. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sadly i could not salvage your current savegame. Hopefully its no widespread issue for many players. I don't want to trash all your active savegames, but the game potentially being unstable must be fixed.

I will bundle everything into a quite big update. Currently still working on an overhaul to the E-War. Nobody really seems to use the current hacking system. Its powerful, but too much manual legwork.

sk1_
x4

Post by sk1_ » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 23:47

Well for now it works :> Just checking out the new mechanics, I don't mind starting a new game with the next version. My little corner of the galaxy is a little boring anyway. Currently trying to figure out missile behavior. Had an M7M with 85 Disruptor Missiles in a patrol fleet, it seems that ship used up all missiles on pirates (nothing bigger than a couple M6 and M3 in my sectors) in one encounter (was checking their freight regularly), the other ships only use a few F1/2/3 Missiles during their patrol. I thought I read ships do not use missiles in OOS combat somewhere in the Mayhem changelog, but that might have been changed again.

Also observed weird architect behavior, it seemed the ship did not pick up factories that were built after I chose the stations I wanted in a sector. It only placed the factories I had in stock in my station building sector, while the chip and computer plant I ordered after were not registered. The architect was docked in his homebase, but did not load new factories although the command was showing 'planning' etc.. It did pick up the stations after I reassigned the architect though.
I'll try that out again with a new sector. Unless this is intended behavior and I missed it :oops:

Never done any hacking in Mayhem, seemed so tedious. Looking forward to your rework!

Seon
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.6a

Post by Seon » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 11:00

I've been having Architect issues as well... It's like it forgets things, or something.

I have 4 sectors, and as I sit here watching the Architects orders, it seems to skip some sectors. These sectors it skips don't even have enemies in them, so I don't know why it's not even looking.

Makes it a little bit hard to use the automation of it to build a factory... Because it won't even look in the sector to queue up station build orders.

One "fix" I have found for it, is to unset the architect and reset it (which is a tad tedious since I have to undock the TL instead of just getting a list of TLs that are assigned to the station or something), which causes it to run through all my sectors... For a bit anyway, then it seems to go back to "forgetting" about them.

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.7

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 15:01

1.7 released

- 'chaotic' & 'peaceful' galaxy options in ZMap generator are now supported
- don't forget to also update ZMap to 1.5

@Seon: try again with the new version. But it sounds like i would need a save to look into that issue properly.

TheVillain
xr

Post by TheVillain » Sat, 8. Oct 22, 20:59

So - first off this addon to mayhem is great. MIND BLOWN that a mod for a mod for a mod exists for a game dating back to 2005.

What a time to be alive eh?

Regretfully I also come bearing an issue - game keeps freezing, seems totally random, alt tabbing quickly seems to bump it. Leaving it leads to the game just locking up. System shows a massive sudden gpu spike at the same time, and it happens with no obvious cues. Empty sector, busy sector, seta, etc.
Sometime I go an hour, sometimes its 3 times in a minute.

Lowering graphics to minimum seems to make it happen less, and this didn't used to happen on mayhem3 (though I feel like it has happened before, but way less).
Its odd to me because my gpu is happy at 20% load even in a big busy sector.

I'm using your extended backgrounds, and the laser overhaul addon that supports Mayhem and Zero Hour.

specs are:
980ti
i7
16gb ram

Anyone else having this issue? My drivers are up to date, though I've just noticed I didnt read the instructions and dont have Zmap (which explains a popup I got early on about default settings being used).
GET SOME

Baronfuming
x4

Post by Baronfuming » Sat, 8. Oct 22, 22:49

I'm also having the same or similar problem as TheVillain.

My game freezes/crashes shortly after loading the most recent savegame (1):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ToEqT ... sp=sharing
Something must have gone wrong since the two previous saves (2 & 3) weren't having this issue.

This is a save that was started on 1.6 and updated to 1.7 when that came out. ZMap 1.5 (though it still says 1.4)
I load it up, and then am usually trying to look at my ships in the property menu (may not be the cause, just what I'm doing when it happens). The game stops responding and I can no longer move the mouse cursor. I can force close it with the 'this program is not responding' window, but if I don't, then I have to hard reboot my computer, since my control is very limited.

I love this mod, btw! This is the ultimate space combat and trading sandbox experience! :D

I just want to add that I'm using these mod addons and script as well (in case these are partially responsible (unlikely, IMO):
Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe (no glass)
Mayhem 3 Laser Overhaul
Auto-Rename Player Property
Fait l'argent

TheVillain
xr

Post by TheVillain » Sat, 8. Oct 22, 23:49

Update to my issue -

Shader quality seems to be the culprit. Low is fine, medium does it less often. High is an issue.
Again, system is happily running everything with no sweat 60fps. Just these sudden spikes that basically crash my gpu. Lowering shaders makes all the outposts look very weird - like they're made of glass.

Doesnt happen on XRM, left it running on max graphical settings, AAx2, all that fun stuff. No problems.
GET SOME

TheVillain
xr

Post by TheVillain » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 03:50

Baronfuming wrote:
Sat, 8. Oct 22, 22:49
I'm also having the same or similar problem as TheVillain.

My game freezes/crashes shortly after loading the most recent savegame (1):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ToEqT ... sp=sharing
Something must have gone wrong since the two previous saves (2 & 3) weren't having this issue.

This is a save that was started on 1.6 and updated to 1.7 when that came out. ZMap 1.5 (though it still says 1.4)
I load it up, and then am usually trying to look at my ships in the property menu (may not be the cause, just what I'm doing when it happens). The game stops responding and I can no longer move the mouse cursor. I can force close it with the 'this program is not responding' window, but if I don't, then I have to hard reboot my computer, since my control is very limited.

I love this mod, btw! This is the ultimate space combat and trading sandbox experience! :D

I just want to add that I'm using these mod addons and script as well (in case these are partially responsible (unlikely, IMO):
Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe (no glass)
Mayhem 3 Laser Overhaul
Auto-Rename Player Property

Do you still have audio going? I do, but I've got to alt tab within a few seconds to recover the game, and even then it hangs for a few seconds before suddenly resuming. Its often a few seconds ahead of what I was doing/inputs have been logged. The alt tends to trigger 'video enhancement goggles'. All in all, its just a weird bug.

Side note: While testing in XRM it got me thinking, I'd be down for Mayhem having some other Outpost designs. Some of the other big buildings like the shipyards etc from X3 are cool.
GET SOME

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 09:14

When dealing with freezes you can activate borderless window mode in the launcher. This lets you exit the game in task manager but disables antialasing

Baronfuming wrote:
Sat, 8. Oct 22, 22:49
found your issue. You can fix it with -> cheat menu -> destroy sector menu -> Menelaus Paradise -> destroy the 3 Nomad Segaris
The Nomad Flagship fails to fill the docking bays with support fighters and the game freezes. Since patch 1.6 the mercs shouldn't be using carriers anymore, but apparantly that didn't work.

This 1.7a hotfix below will not destroy the 3 broken Segaris for you. Just use an earlier save or destroy them as described above. This should work. The merc followers without a leader should eventually get cleaned up automatically. But let me know if you need any help.
Last edited by Hector0x on Sun, 9. Oct 22, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 10:33

Hotfix released
- fixed freeze. Nomads will not build carriers anymore.

https://github.com/Hector839/Mayhem-3-Z ... r/releases

TheVillain
xr

Post by TheVillain » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 23:31

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 9. Oct 22, 09:14
When dealing with freezes you can activate borderless window mode in the launcher. This lets you exit the game in task manager but disables antialasing

This works, but is the wrong resolution for my 2560:1080 monitor sadly. Wont let me change it to the correct one.
GET SOME

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 10. Oct 22, 10:06

TheVillain wrote:
Sat, 8. Oct 22, 20:59
Anyone else having this issue? My drivers are up to date, though I've just noticed I didnt read the instructions and dont have Zmap (which explains a popup I got early on about default settings being used).
ZMap is not required to use this mod. Its just the alternate map generator. Not using it should not affect your game performance.

With your save + galaxy file i could check if u get the same slowdowns and lockups. Out of the blue i'd say that it doesn't really sound like a script error. Especially when it seems to be impacted by the shader setting.

Did you try other X3 mods or vanilla? Does that run fine on your system?

TheVillain
xr

Post by TheVillain » Thu, 13. Oct 22, 09:13

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 10. Oct 22, 10:06
Did you try other X3 mods or vanilla? Does that run fine on your system?
I've tried running xrm for an hour, no crashes. Played X3ZH with Alankwaa and Reshade (I hoped Reshade would either fix it or make it way easier to identify) for a few hours over the last 2 days - only 2 freeze ups. Max shaders etc on the X3 Graphics panel.

I'm no longer sure its shader related. Totally confused.

Is there anything I can do my end to get debug logs caching anywhere so I can read through it?
GET SOME

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”