[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.10a

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 8. May 23, 01:39

But you should know that you need to attach a save file to the message and the Galaxy folder with your galaxy. :)

archelf33 forgot about the Galaxy folder, you're right, it too... :D
Last edited by alexalsp on Mon, 8. May 23, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.

archelf33
x2

Post by archelf33 » Mon, 8. May 23, 09:11

archelf33 wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 20:40
Hi there, recently I updated the game with this new update, ZH 2.0 - Partial Beta 4 (updated 4-29-23) and after about 15 hours of game time; SETA included, I have run into a crash. Not sure what might be causing it but it's repeatable and crashes within a few minutes of loading my most recent save. I did notice that a Khaak Raid spawns soon after loading and within minutes the game crashes. Wish I could do more but the game completely hangs and I don't get to see any error messages and I am not aware of any crash log files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqctnzc0pqsop ... B2.7z?dl=0

Ok thx to "alexalsp" for telling me about this, after looking into it on the Mayhem 3 forum I also needed to include the Galaxy folder aswell as the save file.

Just load up the save and SETA for a couple of minutes max, it crashes for me every time.

sendrock
x3fl

Post by sendrock » Sun, 14. May 23, 13:18

Hi,

I do have a question please if anyone know the answer, I have 2 outpost, A & B :

if I have Agent-Outpost-A set to import Ore from "reachable factories", will it import Ore from Outpost B ? Or is Outpost-B not counted as a " factory " ingame ?

Because I have set 4 miner in Outpost B and I have a stockpile of Ore that I could use in my Outpost A, so for now, I created a job in Outpost B -> export to Outpost A, do I need to put a similar job in every Outpost I have who does nothings with the waste/ore they generate ? If you have any logistic tips to manage secondaries Outpost that does nothings except mining/selling the ressources they generate with miners, I'm looking for a few !

Thanks for the help ! It's a great mod so far !

archelf33
x2

Post by archelf33 » Sun, 14. May 23, 15:35

sendrock wrote:
Sun, 14. May 23, 13:18
Hi,

I do have a question please if anyone know the answer, I have 2 outpost, A & B :

if I have Agent-Outpost-A set to import Ore from "reachable factories", will it import Ore from Outpost B ? Or is Outpost-B not counted as a " factory " ingame ?

Because I have set 4 miner in Outpost B and I have a stockpile of Ore that I could use in my Outpost A, so for now, I created a job in Outpost B -> export to Outpost A, do I need to put a similar job in every Outpost I have who does nothings with the waste/ore they generate ? If you have any logistic tips to manage secondaries Outpost that does nothings except mining/selling the ressources they generate with miners, I'm looking for a few !

Thanks for the help ! It's a great mod so far !
Hi there, I'm quite new to the Mayhem experience but I can confirm that "reachable factories" does not include "outposts." There was one other thing that I overlooked and didn't quite understand in the beginning. Each factory has a setting for import and export under station parameters. The default import setting is 10% and the default export is 40%. You might notice sometimes that your Agents don't seem to be moving to collect wares from your factories and you may think they are broken. This is because they take these settings into consideration. When factories produce wares, if you keep the export high at 40% the Agents will take this into account and won't get these wares until the factory is filled up to at least 40% of it's total stock. So early on if you want the Agents to do most of the work and not rely on Couriers or Traders, you need to set this export a bit lower. Eventually when you start to build stock, you can increase the export setting again to make the Agents more efficient. Basically meaning they won't have to do as many runs. You could always use Couriers as they are really useful, being able to load wares from multiple factories and unload them straight into others, then loading from those and into an outpost or several. They are quite versatile but at the same time require a lot more input from you.

wizdiz
xr

Post by wizdiz » Wed, 17. May 23, 13:41

Is there a way to make carriers act like carriers and stay away from the fighting instead of diving head first into battle?

+ In diplomacy if you are at war with someone you can declare a coalition against said race and end it quick thus ending the war with no fighting, don't know if its a bug or what but seems like it.

Ps. great mod thanks for your work.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Wed, 17. May 23, 19:25

lurking, but one day I will play this mod once Real Life Issues allow the required time investment. Such good ideas!

jonathanjmartin84
x4

Post by jonathanjmartin84 » Thu, 18. May 23, 08:10

Is there a good link for the current version of this?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 18. May 23, 10:27

wizdiz wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 13:41
Is there a way to make carriers act like carriers and stay away from the fighting instead of diving head first into battle?
no but 2.0 will give all capships vastly more range. Another modder found a workaround to increase the hardcoded 10km max range for the turret AI.
wizdiz wrote:
+ In diplomacy if you are at war with someone you can declare a coalition against said race and end it quick thus ending the war with no fighting, don't know if its a bug or what but seems like it.
thanks, will look into it. The declaration is supposed to drain all your positive rep but i must've made a mistake and it also repairs negative rep. :D
But to be sure, the coalition did not actually get created yet right? (no other faction joining in)

jonathanjmartin84 wrote:
Thu, 18. May 23, 08:10
Is there a good link for the current version of this?
direct link to latest file:
https://github.com/Hector839/Mayhem-3-Z ... /1.10a.zip

wizdiz
xr

Post by wizdiz » Fri, 19. May 23, 09:07

wizdiz wrote:
thanks, will look into it. The declaration is supposed to drain all your positive rep but i must've made a mistake and it also repairs negative rep. :D
But to be sure, the coalition did not actually get created yet right? (no other faction joining in)

Correct they declared war against me first, then i simply went into diplomacy and created coalition then ended it straight away no one joined.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Wed, 24. May 23, 16:24

Going to try this on linux, anyone have any luck installing and playing? I know mayhem 3 didn't work as you had to use the worldgen exe to play.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Thu, 25. May 23, 23:49

Soo... I really wanted to get this mod working on linux using the GOG linux install. I spent a TON of hours figuring out how to do it, but i have it running now and i appears stable (no issues, nothin gmissing, etc.) will comment later after 2-3 hours of gameplay to see if indeed it is stable or not.

What I did, for anyone else following my footsteps :
Install X3TC, then install litcube using wine for each .exe, then install mayhem over that, then extract zero hour over that.

Run the first generator exe using wine, generate galaxy and click play (it wont run since its looking for a windows .exe and there isnt any).
Then run the new zmap generator using wine. set it to active and exit.

The game still crashed here for me. Based on a post form someone in the mayhem thread, he indicated that the issue was the /addon/10.cat file. I managed to install the x3 editor 2 program using wine, then extracted the 10.cat. I didnt see anything in it that would cause an issue... but i did notice some jpg files were named .JPG (caps), so i renamed them to .jpg (small). then i manually copied all the files in the cat/dat to the base directory of the game.

There was a gap now in the patches, so i renamed 11 and 12 cat/dat to 10 and 11 and hit play. it worked just fine!

the 10.cat file had some odd directories not in the base direcotry before, L TEX, S, OBJECTS, etc... so im not sure if just extracting the 10.cat to the base dir will cause issues in the long run... will see!

/edit: one hour of play and zero problems. Explored map and docked and bought sold items.
Last edited by Finaltwist on Fri, 26. May 23, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Fri, 26. May 23, 15:57

Quick question: really loved x-missions reloaded on lu.... Haven't played this mod enough but if notice the old mission icons , so I assume x-missions reloaded isn't integrated in zero hour.

Would people here recommend using x-missions reloaded with zero hour?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 26. May 23, 18:09

Finaltwist wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 23:49
I managed to install the x3 editor 2 program using wine, then extracted the 10.cat. [...] the 10.cat file had some odd directories not in the base direcotry before, L TEX, S, OBJECTS, etc... so im not sure if just extracting the 10.cat to the base dir will cause issues in the long run... will see!
if you have extracted cat 10 you should also extract all following cats (11, 12, etc.)

There is at least one issue with your current install. Right now you got a loose Tships file from mayhem 3 in your dir. This overrides the zero hour version of the TShips file which is still packed in the catalog. Certain ship entries are missing for you. After about 12h the game will try to spawn a certain type of ship which doesn't exist in your install. You will be able to study a herd of Argon Mammoths :)

afaik x-missions reloaded comes with a custom mission framework. Maybe this works with mayhem 3 (my guess is no). In any case you will have a wierd mix with two different quest logs and stuff.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Sat, 27. May 23, 00:34

post removed, see below update
Last edited by Finaltwist on Sat, 27. May 23, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Sat, 27. May 23, 13:54

Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 26. May 23, 18:09
Finaltwist wrote:
I managed to install the x3 editor 2 program using wine, then extracted the 10.cat. [...] the 10.cat file had some odd directories not in the base direcotry before, L TEX, S, OBJECTS, etc... so im not sure if just extracting the 10.cat to the base dir will cause issues in the long run... will see!
if you have extracted cat 10 you should also extract all following cats (11, 12, etc.)

There is at least one issue with your current install. Right now you got a loose Tships file from mayhem 3 in your dir. This overrides the zero hour version of the TShips file which is still packed in the catalog. Certain ship entries are missing for you. After about 12h the game will try to spawn a certain type of ship which doesn't exist in your install. You will be able to study a herd of Argon Mammoths :)

afaik x-missions reloaded comes with a custom mission framework. Maybe this works with mayhem 3 (my guess is no). In any case you will have a wierd mix with two different quest logs and stuff.
I found the issue in the 10.cat file that crashes the linux distros. In the /addon/10.cat, its the /DDS/interface_icons_XT_diff.txt file.

If i remove that file from the 10.cat, the game loads perfectly WITH the 10.cat (no need to extract anything). Something in that file isn't working in the linux distros. I'm going to play a bit with it removed to see what im missing... any possible reasons why that particular file could cause the game to crash? What does that file do? Is it crucial to the gameplay? I can do without some new icons if that's all it does...

//Edit: scratch that... the game loads, you can create a new game, questions come up, galaxy generates, then when the galaxy generated notice come sup in green the game starts freezing. this didnt happen with the 10.cat extracted

Dex_Bot
x3fl

Post by Dex_Bot » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:06

[/quote]

I found the issue in the 10.cat file that crashes the linux distros. In the /addon/10.cat, its the /DDS/interface_icons_XT_diff.txt file.

If i remove that file from the 10.cat, the game loads perfectly WITH the 10.cat (no need to extract anything). Something in that file isn't working in the linux distros. I'm going to play a bit with it removed to see what im missing... any possible reasons why that particular file could cause the game to crash? What does that file do? Is it crucial to the gameplay? I can do without some new icons if that's all it does...
[/quote]

The interface_icons_XT_diff isn't anything important, it's just a change in the weapons icon's color. The problem with the file is that it's formatted as a txt when it shoud be a dds file, that's why it crashes the game when you have it installed.

The fix is simple, all you need todo is extract it from the cat file, rename the file from .txt to .dds, then finally reinsert it back to the cat file. (With or without compressing it)

Oops first post don't know how to fix that

Dex_Bot
x3fl

Post by Dex_Bot » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:17

Finaltwist wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 13:54
Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 26. May 23, 18:09
Finaltwist wrote:

//Edit: scratch that... the game loads, you can create a new game, questions come up, galaxy generates, then when the galaxy generated notice come sup in green the game starts freezing. this didnt happen with the 10.cat extracted
Welcome to the X3 Linux Experience, I don't know what causes that freezing issue but it's not just a problem with Zero Hour happens with anything. I've been searching the forums for a while now for an explanation and or a fix but found little to nothing. My uneducated guess it that it's a memory leak problem. My remedy to this problem was to lower the Texture Quality to medium, turn off Antialaiasing and make sure AQC was off. You can also try starting as a different race, loading in some ships (usually the modded ones) tends to freeze the game on start up or just CTD when entering a new sector but it's not consistent.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Sat, 27. May 23, 19:41

Well in this particular case it seems to be very specific to something in the addom 10.cat.

Without it everything rums fine , with it is freezes. So I'll debug the contents to see what's causing the issue

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Sat, 27. May 23, 21:58

Dex_Bot wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 16:06

The interface_icons_XT_diff isn't anything important, it's just a change in the weapons icon's color. The problem with the file is that it's formatted as a txt when it shoud be a dds file, that's why it crashes the game when you have it installed.

The fix is simple, all you need todo is extract it from the cat file, rename the file from .txt to .dds, then finally reinsert it back to the cat file. (With or without compressing it)

Oops first post don't know how to fix that
amazing thanks!! will rename it and see if it loads, then gradually reamove things from the 10.cat to see what causes the game load freeze.
i can hopefully find out the culprit. will post here when I find it

Edit 1: No, the renaming it does not fix the issue. when inlcuded in the 10.cat, the game crashes on game load (click on new game, click on any race, crash). When this .txt file is absent it loads to galaxy. considering the above mention that it isn't vital for playthrough, ill just delete it from my cat file and move on to the freeze issue.

Edit 2: Found the freeze on galaxy generation. It was a conflict with X-Missions reloaded. Removing that mod lets the galaxy load just fine on new game and everything appears to run great. only thing missing is the .txt file in /dds in the 10.cat. Confirms x-missions isn't compatible with Mayhem zero hour, at least for linux.

Edit 3: Runs great! 6-7 hours of gaming and everything seems to work really well.

Edit 4: 10+ hours and game runs great, zero hour works for Linux.

Quick question: any way to disable the "save outside of space stations" option? I can see myself exploiting this mechanic, and it really ruins the sense of adventure.

Finaltwist

Post by Finaltwist » Wed, 31. May 23, 16:41

very interested in the mothership mod - moving around the galaxy at war in a mothership, collecting ore and resources as needed seems very fun to me. Is the mothership mod compatible with zero hour?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”