[X3] / [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

temetvince
x4

[X3] / [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa

Post by temetvince » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 02:42

Update: Alaankwa is built in to Mayhem 3 Zero Hour now, so this thread is no longer relevant. Use Zero Hour.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my Alaankwa mod. Download at https://github.com/temetvince/alaankwa/
Playlist for an overview of the mod and how to install:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUOP3oY ... LSEvvq7pIn

This works for: New font:

Notice how all ships are oriented upright and most are following without flying around like crazy? All images taken with the optional Graphics Improvement on:

Note: All screenshots taken from Mayhem 3.
Last edited by temetvince on Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:26, edited 128 times in total.

luke79

Re: [Mayhem 3] temetvince's Mayhem 3 mods

Post by luke79 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 18:31

Thanks temetvince! Just got into the mod (goodbye free time) and appreciate the fixes and tweaks!

sepa
x4

Re: [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa v6.2.1

Post by sepa » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 00:19

Nice job! Makes me want to play X again :)
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

temetvince
x4

Re: [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa v6.8.5

Post by temetvince » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 06:46

I've updated this mod significantly since release. If you're using it, please update. Thanks.

Note: As of v6.9.2, Litcube Universe's Export/Import works with Alaankwa.

djmidex
x4

Re: [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa v7.2.0

Post by djmidex » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 08:45

thank you!

temetvince
x4

Re: [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa v8.0.0

Post by temetvince » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 22:40

Updated for Mayhem 3.21b!

Huillam
x4

Re: [X3] / [LU] / [Mayhem 3] Alaankwa

Post by Huillam » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 15:55

Few maybe (probably) dumb questions:
Do the BounceWallForAP.cat/dat need to be in any specific position using LU along with IEX or can I safely add them to the bottom of the list?
Same for the 09.cat/dat that are part of the LU patch: Are those supposed to overwrite the default 09 or added as new files?
Does the Data Scanner work with OCV ships? I know we're not supposed to fly those ships but for years I dreamed of turning those Gamma Kyon Emitters against the OCV. :oops:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 16:35

Do the BounceWallForAP.cat/dat need to be in any specific position using LU along with IEX or can I safely add them to the bottom of the list?
It is only needed if you are generating a wall file for the current mod, then you can delete them. must be in the MOD folder in the root of the game or in the ADDON folder, depending on which game the mod is for.
Same for the 09.cat/dat that are part of the LU patch:
The file is overwritten.

After starting the game in the start dialog window, press the MOD button and select it, OK and Start the game.

More details here. - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=295405

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 01:15

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 18. Sep 22, 16:35
Ah ah I remember that message from Litcube now. Things make much more sense. Thanks for the answers. :)

I went to try my luck against those OCV ships and sadly no they can't be scanned. Too bad, trying to stay in range (and survive) of a T/V outfitted with Gamma Kyon Emitters for the duration of a scan would have been really fun.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 18:39

Huillam wrote:
Mon, 19. Sep 22, 01:15
alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 18. Sep 22, 16:35
Ah ah I remember that message from Litcube now. Things make much more sense. Thanks for the answers. :)

I went to try my luck against those OCV ships and sadly no they can't be scanned. Too bad, trying to stay in range (and survive) of a T/V outfitted with Gamma Kyon Emitters for the duration of a scan would have been really fun.
OCV ships are just too overpowered to let the player have access to. It would break the game.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 01:41

I would disagree on that last statement. Overall the non capital ships would be great player ship due to their high speed but at the same time they do trade a lot of firepower for that speed (and absurd survivability). Thanks to SCHs replacing losses for M3s (and to a lesser extent M6s) isn't much of an issue and the increased survivability isn't, in my opinion, worth the loss of firepower (especially as Kyon Emitters can't be mass-produced) for player owned ships that aren't actively played.
The R (if I'm not mistaked that's the one with 12 main guns) has a huge burst damage while the G has excellent sustained damage but, and then again it's totally subjective, not worth the cost: I could get enough money to buy a Pteranodon or a Tyr which would have the advantages of both (minus the speed) in a fraction of the time it would take my PHQ to build one of those.
While the T and the V have the best mix of total shield and shield generator (by a really small margin), their true defense come from their insane hull: While Litcube has my eternal gratitude for the changes in LU regarding hull tanking that's still not something that I'd do on purpose. In term of DPS, those ships only shine because of their Gamma Kyon Emitters but still lack the versatility of terran capital ships and without those GKE they'd come a slight loss of anti-capital dps when weighted against M2+. The smaller size is indeed great but aside from the cool factor the size of M2+ come with many technical issues that make the game less enjoyable.
Finally, considering their insane damage output, I'd probably have to break the game to survive long enough to scan of those (during my test I simply set the minimum shield value to scan to 100% which made things insanely easier than they'd be in a normal playthrough).

Now and as that was slightly off topic, I'll stop there. I'd like to add that this is not a complaint nor a request. I fully respect your decision (and still love your mod even if it doesn't allow me to scan OCV ships), I simply took that opportunity to share my feelings regarding OCV ships.

maxw4319
x3ap

Post by maxw4319 » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 23:03

Hi,
for Mayhem 3: Zero Hour do I need to install both patches or only the Zero Hour patch?
Thanks for you work!

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:25

Man I'm really late on this one, sorry! Core features of Alaankwa are now included in Mayhem 3 Zero Hour, so I'd recommend that mod instead of Alaankwa for mayhem 3.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:43

Looks like Alaankwa and Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded have some files in common. Should I reinstall it on top of Alaankwa?
My previous attempt at manually installing Alaankwa pretty much broke the game so I'd prefer to be sure because at that point I'm fairly certain that I'm bad at installing mods.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 23:11

Huillam wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:43
Looks like Alaankwa and Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded have some files in common. Should I reinstall it on top of Alaankwa?
My previous attempt at manually installing Alaankwa pretty much broke the game so I'd prefer to be sure because at that point I'm fairly certain that I'm bad at installing mods.
Yes, you should install it on top of Alaankwa and hope for the best! :D However, I'm curious what you want to gain by installing that mod. Afaik Alaankwa should cover the trading needs of most players reasonably well, but will not make the kinds of profits that the mod you want to install will. That's the only downside I can think of to installing only Alaankwa.

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 14:50

Anyone figured out a way to isolate just the fleet formation enhancement? Would be awesome to stop my fleet fluttering around in all different directions.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 06:42

temetvince wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 23:11
However, I'm curious what you want to gain by installing that mod.
Sorry, I'm (more than) a bit late!
Truth is I'm not sure. I read long ago that Mk3 traders had a tendancy to run into dangerous sectors and simply used that mod to keep them alive. By themselves they earn little money but the trade rank increase make station building missions fairly profitable and that's probably my biggest income source until late into the game.
But if Alaankwa can keep them alive, that would be one less mod to install and one less opportunity for me to mess things up. :p

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sun, 3. Sep 23, 21:15

Huillam wrote:
Mon, 14. Aug 23, 06:42
temetvince wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 23:11
However, I'm curious what you want to gain by installing that mod.
Sorry, I'm (more than) a bit late!
Truth is I'm not sure. I read long ago that Mk3 traders had a tendancy to run into dangerous sectors and simply used that mod to keep them alive. By themselves they earn little money but the trade rank increase make station building missions fairly profitable and that's probably my biggest income source until late into the game.
But if Alaankwa can keep them alive, that would be one less mod to install and one less opportunity for me to mess things up. :p
Hmm, unfortunately Alaankwa doesn't modify the trade ai to avoid dangerous regions. In this case it sounds like you'll have to choose which mod you want. I play without any mods except Alaankwa or SWLU which now includes Alaankwa, and I haven't noticed any problems losing traders. However, your mileage may vary! :)

Note: For most features in Alaankwa, you can modify the 9979-L044.xml file to turn them on or off. So in this case, assuming the trading scripts are on/off toggable (I can't recall), you could install alaankwa, then install mk3 traders, then disable the trading portion of alaankwa in that file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”