Automatic Transfer of Resources Between Owned Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Yeearg

Automatic Transfer of Resources Between Owned Stations

Post by Yeearg » Tue, 17. Aug 21, 20:29

So sorry if this is a really dumb question or in the wrong spot.

Just started playing a few weeks ago running XTC 2.2 and bought my first two stations. A Cahoona Bakery and a Cattle Ranch (I think it's funny to be a space rancher).

Is there a simply way for me to get my own TS and just have him do nothing but grab steaks from Ranch and Drop off at Bakery forever without me having to constantly monitor him? And it should be free correct since I own the goods, stations and ship? Or am I just fundamentally missing something?

Again, really sorry if this is dumb or already answered in an obvious place (i looked I swear...)

Thanks!

terodil
x4

Re: Automatic Transfer of Resources Between Owned Stations

Post by terodil » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 12:42

Hi,

the easiest (out-of-the-box) solution would be to buy a TS and equip it with software from the official bonus pack. There are two main variants of the Commodity Logistics Software: CLS1 for supply lines between player-owned stations and CLS2 for universal shipping needs. I personally never use CLS1, though I'm sure people put it to great effect, and prefer to use CLS2 instead.

So grab a TS, equip it with Navigation Software and CLS2 from an Argon Equipment Dock. Then go to Trade - Commodity Logistics, edit the waypoints, and add the following:
<select your Cattle Ranch> - order: fly to
<select your Cattle Ranch> - order: load meatsteaks up to capacity
<select your Cahoona Bakery> - order: unload meatsteaks up to capacity

Then go back and send the pilot off. This is truly fire-and-forget.

CLS is a very mighty tool and excellent at managing complex supply lines, there are a lot of details and tricks to it and it's a lot of fun to play with. If you ever want to do something more complex, Tim has an excellent guide series over here.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”