Question on Universe Map (X3AP)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

StevieLeeCole
x4

Question on Universe Map (X3AP)

Post by StevieLeeCole » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 00:29

So I used X3 Editor 2 to modify the x3_universe.pck file from the latest numbered cat in the addon folder, and save it back into the cat. I added a gate from Ringo Moon to Guiding Star. I'm quite sure I did everything correctly (followed the PDF guide to Universe file codes), but I'm not seeing the new gate in Ringo Moon. Is this because it's an existing game? I know for TShips, TLasers, TBullets, etc. the new file is loaded each time you reload the files, so you see them in an existing game. I was expecting the same for the universe, but I can see how since that changes dynamically potentially based on plot missions it could be saved with game data and require a restart. Anyone know?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Question on Universe Map (X3AP)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 22:33

Changes to the x3_universe.xml require a new start of the game. For creating single stationary objects in an existing game there are dedicated script commands. See the General Objects -> Create Objects section of Script Editor. For more sophisticated map changes you can also load custom map files with the Mission Director, as explained by Ketraar here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

StevieLeeCole
x4

Re: Question on Universe Map (X3AP)

Post by StevieLeeCole » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 22:36

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 9. Aug 21, 22:33
Changes to the x3_universe.xml require a new start of the game. For creating single stationary objects in an existing game there are dedicated script commands. See the General Objects -> Create Objects section of Script Editor. For more sophisticated map changes you can also load custom map files with the Mission Director, as explained by Ketraar here.
Got it, thanks! Guess I'll make all the changes I want, then start a new game!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”