Script/mod Editors for Win 10?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jessterg
x3tc

Script/mod Editors for Win 10?

Post by jessterg » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 05:47

Do any editors work with Win 10?? I see only the old version compatibility? Thanks, Jesster.

alexalsp
x4

Re: Script/mod Editors for Win 10?

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 09:47

Which ones?

Everything is working fine. X3 Editor at least.

SirSmushy
x3tc

Post by SirSmushy » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 00:10

can confirm x3 editor 2 works fine on windows 10

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 19:23

Tried getting this one [PROGRAM] X-Studio Script Editor [v1.08 : 14th Feb 14] Post by mr.bear » Mon, 16. May 11, 17:24)) but link is wonky. The editor you were talking about is different, yes?? Could I get a link for it, Please?
Jesster. And does it come with instructions? :? :?
edit:
Did a new search with "DoubleShadow" and advanced search with topics:
Ffound.
[PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]
Unread post by Forleyor » Sat, 15. May 21, 15:28
Link on last page:
On the site I Tapped "download" and got the garbage about compatibility etc. Thus my confusion. "I tapped the latest version" version link below the title and got it downloaded via an actual download link of the author's name that came up in the dialogue box!
I really hate all the hoops one must go through to get some scripts and mods and even info. So Thanks! Hopefully I will have some success playing with the tools.
Jesster
Edit 2: Seems a better program is X-Studio for scripts but alas I cannot find it through Search. One hour lost of my valuable time. A link pretty please?
Thanks in advance!

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 22:49

Thanks alexalsp. I actually found the program before you responded. Another post. I then then looked over the links. I've concluded that if the veteran moderators and knowledgeable folks cannot get the program to work right, it's clear that a complete novice wouldn't be able to make heads or tails. I've had plugin manager since the latest update. Thanks though.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 12:40

Can you clarify which game you are actually playing / trying to mod right now, please? You posted in the forum for X3TC/AP, but the links given so far are for X3FL.

The right topics / links for X3TC/AP are as follows:

1) Plugin Manager V1.60 by Cycrow (also stickied at the top of the forum) - for installing / managing scripts. Comes with additional tools to also allow changing values of certain types files. Be aware that some users have reported problems with the built-in savegame manager when switching from modified mode back to vanilla. So better make a backup of your savegames.
2) X-Studio 1.08 by mr.bear - an external script editor for writing / editing MSCI scripts. An updated syntax file for X3AP was provided by N8M4R3 here.
3) X3: Editor 2 by doubleshadow (Download here) - for extracting / editing game files (especially types-files).

All work fine on Windows 10.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 23:11

Thanks for replies. I am playing AP with lost colonies and Apricot Slice's mod. Got the editor downloads for X3/AP as I mentioned but alas cannot make head or tails of how to use them. Not enough time to muddle through it. The altered ships that come with the mod are exactly what I wanted anyway. Soooo. Anyway, thanks. JJ.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”