Adding new entries in the TCocpits.pck file

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tuman78
x4

Adding new entries in the TCocpits.pck file

Post by tuman78 » Thu, 13. May 21, 09:54

Hi all,

Coming back after a break and I have run into an issue. I have created a new entry in the TCockpits file as I want to mess with weapons but when I open the TShips file and try to assign the new viewport to the ship it is not listed. I have not changed any other files yet.

Have I missed something?

Thanks
Some people are like slinkies, utterly useless but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

XenonArchitect7

Re: Adding new entries in the TCocpits.pck file

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:07

tuman78 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 09:54
Hi all,

Coming back after a break and I have run into an issue. I have created a new entry in the TCockpits file as I want to mess with weapons but when I open the TShips file and try to assign the new viewport to the ship it is not listed. I have not changed any other files yet.

Have I missed something?

Thanks
I have also noticed this issue with X3 editor 2. I use a lot of custom TCockpits entries myself. To set them, Litcube's editors (download from here http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Download) can be used to easily set custom TCockpits enteies for ship turrets, although I don't know if vanilla X3AP is supported. It certainly works for LU and Mayhem.

And you can always find and edit the TCockpits ID for each turret manually in TShips usibg a text editor, although I don't think this has been documented. You'd have to figure out where the ID is stored.

tuman78
x4

Post by tuman78 » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:19

Thanks for that!
Some people are like slinkies, utterly useless but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:20

tuman78 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 09:54
Hi all,

Have I missed something?

Thanks
After you finished adding new viewport, save and then restart editor it, the viewport should be then listed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”