Slave turret to front weapons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ronon Dex

Slave turret to front weapons

Post by Ronon Dex » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 06:53

Hello.
TLDR : Is there a mod-script that will "slave" the front turret(s) to the cockpit so i can use the bigger ships like you would use a fighter/covette?

I just started another X3AP playthrough after years of not playing it . My previous playthroughs i did mostly in the springblossom but this time i'm trying to get into an M1.
What's been mostly annoying me with the bigger ships tho is that i can't fire the guns while flying . Most (all?) of them have turrets only and there is no way (that i know?) to use them from the cockpit , i have to either leave the pew-pew to the autopilot (and i'd really love to pew-pew) or switch my butt into the turret and leave the ship flying in a straight line , being a sitting duck .

Thanks in advance

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Slave turret to front weapons

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:25

There is no script way of achieving what you want. You would have to adjust the scene file of a ship to add the weapons to the cockpit. Here's a tutorial by DrBullwinkle on how to achieve this.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ronon Dex

Re: Slave turret to front weapons

Post by Ronon Dex » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 01:49

You're right ! Thanks ! achieves the same thing.
I've been messing with it for the last day and ran into issues

I followed the tutorial and the guns did show up in the cockpit ( i could choose groups and laser type) but they did not fire for some reason.

The ship i'm trying to "fix" currently is the BC-304 Daedalus from Stargate . I've been wishing to fly this ship for years as i'm a big fan . (Also don't know if it matters but i've installed LxXRM) .
My short term non-ideal "solution" was to use the plugin manager , edit function , to edit the xsp file of the ship that i downloaded and then install it .
I just duplicated the front turret , into the cockpit which seems to work , as in i get functional guns (yay) but it seems to mess with the other turrets somewhat so i would still like to get it done the "proper way" via the x3 editor 2 .

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”