[Mayhem 3.14d] Rebalance Mod 1.0 - Stronger Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

hephasttus
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.8b] Rebalance Mod 0.2

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 2. Feb 21, 22:16

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 2. Feb 21, 21:32
hephasttus wrote:
Tue, 2. Feb 21, 21:08
When my fleet consisting of a carrier-leader and several fighters engages enemies, the fighters continously teleport in and out of my carrier mid-battle. I think every time they acquire a new target. Is there a way around this?
For any bug report, please use the official thread. (savegame + galaxy blah blah)
I think its a symptom of the player having teleporter equipment on his carriers by default via this rebalance mod, but I posted it over on the main thread as well.

Edit : fixed :)
Last edited by hephasttus on Wed, 3. Feb 21, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.8b] Rebalance Mod 0.2

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 3. Feb 21, 07:55

i don't think this is related to this mod's Transporter Device. I observed such behavior in the main mod before. That's the main reason why i added the Transporter. So that fighters no longer take the scenic route to dock with their carrier while the fighting is still hot.

But thanks for the proper bug report + save. It seems to happen very inconsistent and is hard to nail down. Maybe Joubarbe can do something.

hephasttus
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.8f] Rebalance Mod 0.4

Post by hephasttus » Fri, 5. Feb 21, 04:45

Hey boss, could you take a look at the Argon Skiron? I have 3 weapon choices for it (cluster flak, MAML, and concussion impulse generator) and all three drain its laser energy extremely quickly. It has the largest amount of guns of any Argon M6 and the second lowest laser energy, this combined with the relatively large weapon choices, it drains very fast.
Maybe it needs more laser energy, or it needs gamma ray cannons.

Thanks in advance! love the rebalance.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 5. Feb 21, 14:58

Good catch. I'll add the Skiron to my list.

To be honest i didn't really do much in terms of global energy cost rebalance yet. I'm certain that i don't want laser energy to be a deciding factor in most ship vs. ship battles. It messes up the in-sector vs. OOS equal outcomes goal. There might be significant energy cost reductions coming in the future. Most likely paired with a global damage reduction to prevent that damage output gets too high.

But one step at a time. I need to stay in touch with actual gameplay situations to be able to make reasonable decisions. And the next Mayhem patch will also come for sure :D

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Fri, 5. Feb 21, 18:30

Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 5. Feb 21, 14:58
There might be significant energy cost reductions coming in the future. Most likely paired with a global damage reduction to prevent that damage output gets too high.
Honestly that would be pretty cool, and I think might be necessary to keep things functioning, because there are at least a few other ships I've noticed that quickly run out of laser energy as well. Since you have loadouts unique to ships, laser energy consumption isn't that important anymore, because the restrictions on what you can equip is good enough at balancing things.

hephasttus
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.8g] Rebalance Mod 0.4

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 00:18

Hey chief, just checked out your youtube series, good videos, they've been entertaining me while I have been away from home.

I wanted to ask if you are any closer to an update for this rebalance mod? I think what you brought up before about reducing laser energy levels, that would fix the problems that I was having with a couple ships running out of energy.

Also, is there any reason not to take Cluster Flak Array's instead of the CIG's? They seem like the best medium weapon according to the compendium on DPS(maybe a little too good), and almost every (argon) M6 can equip it.

Thanks for your work on keeping X3 alive. I just rebooted x4 to retry it, and god it was an awful experience. I think X3 is the longest game I have played. I remember when the BSG mod came out, good days back then.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 10:46

I got the update ready. But want to test a bit more to make sure it's working. Also need to adjust my backgrounds to the new graphics pack v2. There will be issues if you just update Mayhem now (but nothing savegame breaking) I'll try to get it out very soon.

The Cluster Flak Array is indeed very powerful, but almost no Argon M6 can mount it in the main gun slots. It's mostly a turret laser. You can't have many of them pointing at the enemy. With Mayhem M6 AI main guns are generally firing more often than turrets.

Yeah X4 is a bit of a let down. I can see myself enjoying it someday, but it can't really replace Mayhem. Even with a few bugs or wierd complications, Mayhem can be set up to just work. In X4 i'm constantly facepalming to the point of ruining immersion.

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 22:51

Sweet, sounds good man.

What is the addon you are using that changes the icons for the different ships ? M3/M6/M7 etc...

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.12c] Rebalance Mod 0.8b

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:27

small heads up:
- this mod is currently incompatible
- if you want to continue Mayhem 3.13 with a Mayhem 3.12 Rebalance mod savegame: update Mayhem normally. But also update NPC lader loadouts in the game (script editor)! Old ships will be able to continue using their previous loadout and new ships will get built with fresh loadouts.

edit: i will keep my previous laser stats and only take Joubarbes new 3.13 effects and rates of fire

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [Mayhem 3.14d] Rebalance Mod 1.0 - Stronger Factions

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 17:53

Updated for Mayhem 3.14d.

This full release plays a bit different. Please check the 1.0 changelog. The first post and ingame encyclopedia have been expanded.

New game strongly recommended.

old 0.8b savegames should still work, but they will have issues and strategic faction balancing will definitely be completely messed up.

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 09:02

hey! started a new game with your mod. thank you!

BigBadBill_87
x4

Post by BigBadBill_87 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:57

This is great!

Particularly good is:

Details:
any sector loss adds +1% production specialization on all remaining outposts
75% spec is the maximum. A fully levelled NPC outpost has 1/2 ship building cost and construction time compared to a fresh NPC outpost and 1/4 compared to a fresh player outpost.

Factions tend to snowball and smaller factions dont seem able to come back. This should help lots 😊

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 09:46

I'm back on Mayhem 3 and now trying this mod out on a 12x15 galaxy. First thing I noticed were:

- The tri-beam cannon (I saw a Paranid M7 gun also fire fast too) is still unchanged in that it still fires ridiculously fast, but on paper its stats are terrible. (Were the incorrect stats an oversight in either the base game or the mod?)
- There's a typo with laser descriptions. "Standart" should be corrected as "standard"; this typo is shown in the M3 lasers. Speaking of M3 lasers, the FBL is effectively the new go-to M3 laser if the player wants similar DPS to the PBE in the base mod.
- It appears that you can still rush pirate bases with 30-40 fighters and a couple M6, but it seems you can't take on M2 head on early in the game anymore even if you camp their exit. Since some Xenon sectors contain an M2 parked inside a Xenon station in each sector (2 Xenon stations per sector on hard mode), how do you take on the Xenon in early game?

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:32

@Hector0x

I am on my first play through with this mod, and haven't got very far yet, but am really enjoying it.

However, I notice that while the M1s and M2+s have had their hanger capacities drastically reduced, the M7Cs haven't. This would seem (at least on paper) to make the fleet carriers and most battlecarriers largely redundant. The Griffon and Ariadne seem to be the only logical options if you want to use carriers, and the Valhalla is probably the only cost-effective battlecarrier. It also makes a nonsense of some of my ship descriptions - do you want me to re-write them?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:07

dunderhead327 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:32
However, I notice that while the M1s and M2+s have had their hanger capacities drastically reduced, the M7Cs haven't.
That was Joubarbe's doing. He didn't change the M7Cs because of their exterior docking clamps. It would look wierd if most of them remain empty. iirc their ship price got raised a bit.

@Betelgeuse97:
thanks for the feedback
- yeah i should really do something about the hyper rapid firing guns. Again, i used original M3 stats (a recent M3 version upped rates of fire significantly). I know about the bad on paper stats for the TriBeam. Seems like a display bug in the laser compendium. Ingame it should actually be higher DPS
- i tried to make the FBL less cost effective to counteract. Maybe crystals are too abundant for this approach. But at least the cheap paranid Perseus fighter can't use it. You have to get the more expensive Medusa. For raw damage you should also consider the Boron Plasma Gun. Their ships are shielded worse but this gun makes up for it. And its cheap.
- not being able to take on a M2 during early game is intended. Its supposed that they scare you and you avoid them and can't just counter with swarms of smaller ships that easily anymore
- after recently reaching the current OCV endgame for the very first time i can fully agree that Xenon are tough. Too tough for my taste. I may delay their capship spawning more into the midgame. But right now i'm all invested into SWM3 development

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 14:41

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:07
dunderhead327 wrote:
However, I notice that while the M1s and M2+s have had their hanger capacities drastically reduced, the M7Cs haven't.
That was Joubarbe's doing. He didn't change the M7Cs because of their exterior docking clamps. It would look wierd if most of them remain empty. iirc their ship price got raised a bit.
OK, fair enough. Griffons and Ariadnes it is then!

They still seem to be ridiculously good value - perhaps they should have their weapons loadouts nerfed? Maybe limit them to heavy weapons in the main battery, and medium in the turrets? Should such small, cheap ships really have access to capital class weapons?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 08:10

dunderhead327 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 14:41
Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:07
dunderhead327 wrote:
OK, fair enough. Griffons and Ariadnes it is then!

They still seem to be ridiculously good value - perhaps they should have their weapons loadouts nerfed? Maybe limit them to heavy weapons in the main battery, and medium in the turrets? Should such small, cheap ships really have access to capital class weapons?
Those ships are also prone to getting killed by stupidly flying into an enemy fleet, much like your other ships. They're already weak defensively and they don't have a stronger laser generator compared to normal M7s to support their weapons. I think it's fine as is.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45

I was thinking, at least partly, of OOS, where laser recharge rates are largely ignored. I expect someone is going to tell me that this has been fixed as part of the OOS/IS rebalancing, in which case you may well be right.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:41

dunderhead327 wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45
I was thinking, at least partly, of OOS, where laser recharge rates are largely ignored. I expect someone is going to tell me that this has been fixed as part of the OOS/IS rebalancing, in which case you may well be right.
i believe i only assigned weaker guns on the cheap M7C like Griffon and Ariadne. Other M7 should be much better armed. And you're right about energy being irrelevant. At least it should already be this way. If any ships are ever running low on energy in M3R i would've made a mistake and would need to change it. Laser energy doesn't apply OOS and the AI doesn't understand it. That's 2 reasons why it fails as a mechanic and shouldn't even exist.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:38

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:41
dunderhead327 wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45
i believe i only assigned weaker guns on the cheap M7C like Griffon and Ariadne. Other M7 should be much better armed. And you're right about energy being irrelevant. At least it should already be this way. If any ships are ever running low on energy in M3R i would've made a mistake and would need to change it. Laser energy doesn't apply OOS and the AI doesn't understand it. That's 2 reasons why it fails as a mechanic and shouldn't even exist.
No, both the Griffon and Ariadne carry capital class weapons. Agreed, the Griffon is not as well armed as the other Argon M7s, but she still has 4 PAAs.

The Ariadne is a different story, especially if we don't need to worry about laser energy. Full tooled up, she carries 16 FBCs, 4 PSGs and 24 M3s. Compare that to the Deimos (18 FBC and 6 M3s), Agamemnon (22 FBCs), and even the Zeus M1 (20 FBC and 25 M3s). She may be a bit fragile for an M7, but she's not slow. A real bargain!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”