A simple script edit to allow your ships to fly through / build in war sectors as long as you maintain a good standing with both Argons and Terrans.
- In X3AP, you don't want your assets in war sectors to get attacked simply because you leave the sector.
- You find it silly that even if you are Hero of Sol AND Hero of the Federation, Terrans or Argons still have nothing better to do than to beeline towards your satellites or traders and to blow them up.
Once this script is installed, your assets will only get attacked and destroyed if you have negative standing with the Terrans or Argons (or both). As long as you maintain reasonably friendly relations with both (as evidenced by them allowing you to dock in their border systems), nobody will care about your ships or stations in war sectors. This only affects the X3AP war logic, the usual you-shoot-me-I-shoot-you-stuff still applies.
Note that for most non-terran starts, your relationship with the Terrans is just a tad below this value, so you'll still need to get a bit of reputation before you can safely start building/exploring/trading. The same applies to most terran starts vis-à-vis the Argon fleets.
How to install?
- Download at: https://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/mods/113/
- (optional) Make a backup copy of the file <X3TC base folder>/addon/scripts/!fight.war.protectsector.pck and put it somewhere safe just in case you want to restore it to its original state.
- Extract the 3 files from the zip-file you downloaded and copy them into <X3TC base folder>/addon/scripts -- overwrite the original in the folder above with it.
After installing, war sectors will automatically become friendlier. You can switch between vanilla agressive behaviour and this friendlier state by setting the switch in Artificial Life correspondingly (options -> gameplay -> artificial life -> friendlier war sectors).
How to uninstall?
Uninstallation is not really required since you can switch between vanilla behaviour and friendlier war sectors by changing the setting in Artificial Life (see above); the overhead introduced by this mod is negligeable. If you do want to purge the mod entirely, delete the two xml files and overwrite the pck file with the backup you made; or reinstall the game/verify game files if you didn't make any. Note that to completely purge the mod, you'll need to start a new savegame or to update the script version of the pck with the script editor.
Inspired by the works of Createse and Lucike, both of who did something similar (I guess), but whose work is no longer readily available.
v10: You can now switch between vanilla aggressive behaviour and the friendlier state by toggling the corresponding artificial life setting. Versioning changed to reflect the version of the main script.