[X3TC/AP] [SCR] Ship Services

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

dantebelmondo
x4

Re: [X3TC/AP] [SCR] Ship Services

Post by dantebelmondo » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 04:31

terodil wrote:
Sat, 21. Aug 21, 12:02
Correct. English is not my native language, but in my understanding 'a set of 10 drones costs X' means that all 10 drones together cost X. I used this slightly unwieldy phrase to account for the fact that the drone set could be composed of different drones in different quantities. I'm unconvinced that this wording is better.
On the Local Administration Menu, the texts are:
The ship could construct 200 drones per hour, at a cost of 660000 credits.

On the Global Administration Menu, the texts are:
The drone carrier can construct 20 set(s) of drones per hour.
A set of 10 drones cost 660000 to produce.

The problem is whether this 660000 is the total amount or the per set amount. Thanks to your debug codes:
Spoiler
Show
[task.ship] Time: 101 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 1, Mk. 2: 0. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 1, droneMk2Amount = 0, shipFreeVolume = 2500, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
Details: droneMk1EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk2EffectiveAmount = 0, droneMk1CurrentPC = 17, droneMk2CurrentPC = 50
[task.ship] Time: 131 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 1, Mk. 2: 1. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 1, droneMk2Amount = 1, shipFreeVolume = 2498, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
Details: droneMk1EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk2EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk1CurrentPC = 34, droneMk2CurrentPC = 0
[task.ship] Time: 161 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 1, Mk. 2: 0. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 1, droneMk2Amount = 0, shipFreeVolume = 2492, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
Details: droneMk1EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk2EffectiveAmount = 0, droneMk1CurrentPC = 51, droneMk2CurrentPC = 50
[task.ship] Time: 192 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 1, Mk. 2: 1. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 1, droneMk2Amount = 1, shipFreeVolume = 2490, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
Details: droneMk1EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk2EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk1CurrentPC = 68, droneMk2CurrentPC = 0
[task.ship] Time: 222 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 1, Mk. 2: 0. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 1, droneMk2Amount = 0, shipFreeVolume = 2484, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
Details: droneMk1EffectiveAmount = 1, droneMk2EffectiveAmount = 0, droneMk1CurrentPC = 85, droneMk2CurrentPC = 50
[task.ship] Time: 252 -- Ship: YM7GM-59 -- (produceDrones) Moved fighter drones to cargo bay: Mk. 1: 2, Mk. 2: 1. Charged 5500 credits.
Details: droneMk1Amount = 2, droneMk2Amount = 1, shipFreeVolume = 2482, effectiveVolMultPC = 100
A set of 10 drones cost 33000. So this user input number is actually the total cost rather than the per set cost. So I suggested change the Global Settings text to "In total they cost".
This is more than a tweak, this could potentially be a bug. Could you please let me know which M7C you were using, if you are using any mods that might renumber or modify drone carriers and/or drone haulers in the tships file, or if any mods remove the vanilla haulers from M7C inventories?
Your implementation is fine. I started a new game in vanilla and my Griffon Sentinel is recognizable as DC. I think that's my own WareLists problem for my current playthrough. Yours is more robust indeed.

Everything else is great!

I recently posted all my fixes to the inactive threads. I'm glad you are still active! I will use spoiler tag to hide my link for now.

terodil
x4

Re: [X3TC/AP] [SCR] Ship Services

Post by terodil » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 14:17

Awesome, that must be one of the best bug reports I've ever seen. Thank you, I see the inconsistency now and will fix it with the next release as well.

Speaking of which, the new version will take a few days, because I've decided to also expand the service offering -- I feel that the delay is acceptable as neither of the bugs are critical, and your fixes can tide people over if they need them.

I'm currently planning to include (as per the objective of my mod, all features will be optional and configurable):
- [Playership Only] Derelict Appropriation Service (already have that as a separate script, just need to merge this)
- [Playership Only] Life Insurance Subscription Service
- [Playership Only] Vessel Scanning Service
- [Playership Only] Asteroid Scanning Service
- [All ships] Lasertower Remote Rebooting Service (just to fix the age-old 'erratically hostile lasertower in friendly sector' bug)
- [All ships] [just an idea, not decided] Ware Cloaking Service (hide illegal goods from police, kinda like Software Signature Scrambler, but for wares)

More ideas would be very welcome.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”