Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks michtoen, it's all working properly now. I've never actually played XRM with so many other mods and scripts, this should be interesting! The keyboard shortcuts screen is suddenly extremely intimidating...
Yeah, i know that feeling
You will notice that the selected stuff works well together and/or are alternatives you can select.
I will write a guide later, after a bit more testing, but some help for the setup:
Things to do first after starting a new game:
- wait. The game needs some time to startup, after the first popup the music stats to hickup, thats normal and will be gone after 30-45 seconds. Then all will go and a row of messages will apear.
- Go Controls->Interface and bind the "Plugin Configuration" to a key
- open the Plugin Configuration
- select "Salvage Commands & NPCs" and set the used Software to "System Override Software"
- select the "NPC Bailing Addon" and enable what you want and play around with the bail chance. Depending on your selected start (with/without misisons, etc.) you want set it different.
Note: This version of the script will allow to set big & Huge ships on a high drop rate for selected races. But the ships will drop to 95% as real wrecks, usually without any stuff and a hull left like 5%. To make that wrecks fight ready, you have to invest alot time and money. Its so just a kind of debris management. Its ALOT fun. The mars scripts allows repair for free, but it needs alot time and management, so its balanced. I like to play games with many invasions enabled, which normally kill you but with high drop rate. You just have to collect the ships, build the infrastructure to arm them and then you NEED them to throw against the invaders. Its also pretty balanced and a new kind of game style. As one will find out this mix of mods and scripts allow nearly all kind of styles to play you can imagine from X.
- set your graphics and seta but DO NOT set the AI for now
- wait until like a minute is gone and save the game
- reload the save
- Now 2 more messages will popup, one from the "Complex Cleaner" one from "Mars". Now all scripts started up
- Go to the AI Settings. If you see still a ReadmeTxt in that, its usually mars which did not started up. Just wait a big longer, safe again and load again. It should trigger then.
- in the AI Settings, enable first the "Yaki Guild". The Yaki will stay neutral or positive to the player for most game starts but will increase the thread level for the race. Alot more nice fights. Be sure you enable "ADS"
- Now i suggest to start the pirate guild. Do that AFTER the Yaki guild enabled, because the pirate guild can detect the yaki guild and enable more stuff. Enable ADS and what you want.
- i also suggest, except you want play first all the missions, the Revelation invasion script. With the build in race respond fleet of AP it will take longer and slower for them to invade. You can increase their strength in their t file, but be careful. I changed the scripts, so the attackers as the defenders run on full armed ships, its alot light show there.
- You can enable Brennans Triumpf - Tortuga too, but thats then ALOT and ALOT pirates.
- Do not enable the Nightmare invasion, Phanon or the Khaak script. Go first to their script release threads and read carefully all posts. There are issues with all 3 scripts and they are really dangerous and can invade the universe together pretty fast. The Khaak script has a crash issue i think i disabled in the settings, be warned. For the advanced players only, but you do not need them for a good game, this is add stuff.
- set the "Basic Salary Pilot Union" entry to "NO". That will disable the annoying messages from that script.
- set "Follow me / Remember Homebase" to "Standby". That will define what a ship will do, after you changed ship to one landed in that. The default will make it follow, you can select the behaviour you like.
- leave the other settings until you know what they do
THINGS NOT TO DO:
- do NOT install the bonus scripts, i already added advanced updates.
- do NOT enable mars or smart for NPC ships! This setup comes with a useful and fast turret change for NPC ships, enabling smart & mars will slow down your game in big fights alot later
- do NOT install any race responce fleet or improved race/military script! AP comes already with one build in doing a fine job and XRM will add some more stuff on top of it. The war part of the improved races for example will break the mission scripts and Revelation and some more. Also, all of its features are already added by other scripts. That scripts are very useful under TC but not under AP. The good news is, that because we use to many already build in stuff, we spare the cpu footprint of that big scripts.
- do NOT install LIFE or any script adding fake sectors and station/ships to count or control other scripts (MD). They will slow down the game AND they will crash alot scripts. The attacker scripts or the salvage scripts have no idea about forbidden ships/stations, invisible marked or not. I like the hacker idea behind that stuff, its smart, but its only usuable in vanilla. Consider yourself be warned. Do no install such stuff on top of it. I already included neary every heavy script.
- do NOT never ever install Cyrcrows "Advanced Navigation" for AP.
Its broken and not finished under AP and will slow down your game. I think that script is the source of many installs which can't run SETA. You will notice with increasing game time that the ship stop for like 200ms every few seconds, a kind of moving hickup. Thats this script.
- install Cycrows Cheat package for AP. Start for that the Plugin Manager, go to Packages->Package Browser in the drop down menu and install the cheat package for AP.
- a known bug from vanilla is, that if you start a terran character, the Teladi are set to notority 0. But even after you increased the notority, sometimes a lasertower or a single patrol ship in the core sectors stay red and aggro to you. The simplest way to deal with that is use the hotkeys. For that, bind the "destroy" command from the cheat packages to a key in the Controls->Interface manager, target the buggy red object and destroy it right away with that key. Thats alot more sane as to run a script resetting all notority or something, also that will not always work.
- The Salvage Command Software is some beast to configure. After changing settings, do not close the menu by ESC, but use the "close menu" entry, its a "close & save" entry. There are some annoying popups to the logfile messages from it about "there is a derilight M6 in setor xy" (after you dropped a satellite there), you can disable & configure that messages there too.
To check you game is stable, generally and after you changed/added stuff, do this:
- with Cycrows Cheat script, reveal the whole universe aka all sectors
- with the same script, add to all sectors satelites
- hit "Suptertune" your ship 2 times (will make it a rocket)
- open the "Plugin Configuration" with the hotkey
- open the "Eary Satellite Warning..." configuration
- enable EVERY satellite for it
Now start to fly around with your very fast ship. Do that in SETA. open the sector screen and hit seta, flying around.
The game can be a bit slower now but it should be nearly not noticable. If the game start to hickup, really big time slower or something, there is a script which does not work well. On my higher end box, i can't notice any difference in speed.
- If you want spawn ships for fight testing, use NOT the mass/fleet spawn part ot the cheat packages. There is a bug somewhere and/or it spawns invalid ship, crashing the game sooner or later which give the impression something is wrong. but instead its the buggy spawn. Use the "create ship" for a single ship, bind the cheat menu to a hotkey, target that ship and hit the hotkey and use the clone option.
- For flying around in big fights, use the "god mode" and "no collision" option of the cheat menu. Be sure thst you select both to yes and close the menu then. Reopen and check both are on yes. But be aware that enemies can still do indirect damage to you. A massive hit by missile and beams can destroy you even in god mode.