[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

medwed
xr

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by medwed » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 16:54

pref wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 14:26
From the X3R STO thread:
The script overtakes a sector when the owner is an enemy to the player (change this in global commands and send to whole property), when there are no more stations of the former owner in the sector and when there is a trade dock of the player.
Ok. So i really need a dock. anything else will doesn´t work right (like ore mine etc)?

Taylor2008
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:10

You need a Tradestation to take over the Sector.
And of course , there must be all other stations destroyed first.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 21:24

Hey, when installing im getting the sme error a few times, indicating that something wasnt installed i think.

Command Line Error:
Unsupported command:
Terran

after that the rest of the installation works properly, but im getting some wrong texts ingame (names of ships/stations)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 23:53

iHaku wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 21:24
Hey, when installing im getting the sme error a few times, indicating that something wasnt installed i think.

Command Line Error:
Unsupported command:
Terran

after that the rest of the installation works properly, but im getting some wrong texts ingame (names of ships/stations)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Where is your lxrm install folder located and name of the x3 mainfolder?

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 03:01

medwed wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 23:53
edit: i guess this is the issue... :sceptic:
"Ed. Oh, FFS. Your batch files can't be in a path with spaces. What is this, 1995? :roll:"

x3 foldername is \X3 Terran Conflict\

and the setup.bat is in

X3 Terran Conflict\1M\LxXRM\setup.bat

1M being basicly my folder for mods folder with a 1 so its the first folder in the directory.

the folder is X3 Terran Conflict because thats where it installed AP to when i installed it.

everything else seems to work (modmanager was found etc), besides the command line issue and right after that some related files cant be found.

Dimasia
x3ap

Post by Dimasia » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 07:21

Hi guys, im trying to start a new play through, but when i start the game it freezes indefinitely, instead of the usual 1-2 min. Ive let it sit for 10 minutes but nothing happens. I suspect this new windows update is the culprit. How to fix? Please help :(

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 20:01

iHaku wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 03:01
medwed wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 23:53
edit: i guess this is the issue... :sceptic:
"Ed. Oh, FFS. Your batch files can't be in a path with spaces. What is this, 1995? :roll:"

x3 foldername is \X3 Terran Conflict\

and the setup.bat is in

X3 Terran Conflict\1M\LxXRM\setup.bat

1M being basicly my folder for mods folder with a 1 so its the first folder in the directory.

the folder is X3 Terran Conflict because thats where it installed AP to when i installed it.

everything else seems to work (modmanager was found etc), besides the command line issue and right after that some related files cant be found.
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/555 ... 44_png.htm

I also had trouble to use it in the right way. Like you should see in my picture, lxxrm is in it own folder, x3 named x3ap and no subfolders.

for my example lxxrm with setup and x3 are on my drive f (no subfolder). this was for me my problem, why it looked like to be ok but also got errors within installation (that i wasn´t like in the picture).

after i made it like in the picture, everything worked for me (also for sector take over you have to build a trade station. this was the only thing i thougt that my installation was broken).

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 00:32

Anyone could tell where to look if i want to reduce chance to loose equipment on damage?

This seems to hurt balance, pretty much randomises battles.. just watched a K kill an Atlas with ease because the Atlas got unlucky with rolls on equipment loss. Earlier had some more funny battles because of this, like capships just sitting in battle without a single weapon.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 18:18

pref wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 00:32
Anyone could tell where to look if i want to reduce chance to loose equipment on damage?
There is an X3 Customizer option to turn off damage entirely. Just changing odds might be doable, depending on what the exact code looks like, but I will leave it up to you to disassemble the obj code and find the right edits.

Optimus2
x3

Post by Optimus2 » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 19:44

Hello guys, there is the bunch of questions. Presume I don't want any global scale conflicts and global storyline too in my X3 universe. All that I want - economical sandbox with AI life. So I will choose "No Argon\Terran war pack" option in the installer, that's right? What game start I must choose? (Its will be nice if anybody can describe all possible starts in this modification in one place, because lots of them completely new and unknown for me) What about AL? Is there any specific AL global war scripts that I will\must disable?

Also what is "Awesomefied bullets mod" and why it's disabled by default if it "good for performance"?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 00:47

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 26. Aug 19, 18:18
There is an X3 Customizer option to turn off damage entirely. Just changing odds might be doable, depending on what the exact code looks like, but I will leave it up to you to disassemble the obj code and find the right edits.
Thanks, Sir, found the option. Guess turning it off hurts less then having it on with any percentage.
Hope this will not increase the amount of loot left on bailed ships, that would make getting weapons a bit too easy.

identical123

Post by identical123 » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 02:30

How exactly does the bonus pack installation work btw? You mention LxXRM will do that for you. For example, if I wanted the medium hull multiplication pack I would still need to download from that page , correct? Or is LxXRM going to optionally pull it in a particular step.

eben
x4

Post by eben » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 13:31

Hi there thanks for this great compilation and installer.

But I can't get the installer to work!?

Everything is where it's supposed to be; path is correct, plugin manager files are present in both x3tc and addon folders, all folder names and paths are without spaces or weird characters. lxxrm, x3tc, and plugin manager folders are all on the root of the drive.

Still it shows "plugin manager files are not found"!?!

I tried with x3pm installed in default location (program files/etc.), tried installing inside x3tc folder, tried installing at the same level with lxxrm and x3tc, nothing changes!

Where the frak plugin manager files should be?

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 18:38

eben wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 13:31

Everything is where it's supposed to be; path is correct, plugin manager files are present in both x3tc and addon folders, all folder names and paths are without spaces or weird characters. lxxrm, x3tc, and plugin manager folders are all on the root of the drive.

I tried with x3pm installed in default location (program files/etc.), tried installing inside x3tc folder, tried installing at the same level with lxxrm and x3tc, nothing changes!

Do you started the game first with plugin manager installed and trough it? I think that could be the problem. Try it after that.

eben
x4

Post by eben » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 09:02

medwed wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 18:38
eben wrote:

Do you started the game first with plugin manager installed and trough it? I think that could be the problem. Try it after that.
Yeah tried it before and tried it again after reading your reply. Still no love :(

eben
x4

Post by eben » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 09:05

eben wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 09:02
medwed wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 18:38
eben wrote:

Yeah tried it before and tried it again after reading your reply. Still no love :(
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Nevermind, the stupid pm was in vanilla mode. That was the problem!!!

navyseal66
x4

Post by navyseal66 » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 18:03

Hey guys. I'm curently enjoying very much this mod pack, it is my first playthrough of the game so i don't really know how things are "normal" or whats a bug so please help me with this mission i have from the Goners plot, they ask of me to place a Teladianium Foundry inside elysium of light. when i try to place the foundry on the spot they ask me , where the navigational beacon is, i get the proximity alert warning like that beacon is someting solid i can target it and look at it, so basicly the beacon being there obstruct the building process , if i try to place couple of metres with offset of 10 in all axes , the mission remains active. i dont get what im missing. there are no other ships in the vecinity just that beacon.

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 23:03

I released LxXRM 3.0.

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM30.zip

Its mainly an tweak and script update + one new feature.

*do not upgrade 2.0 games with 3.0 (thats why i increased to 3.0 and not 2.5). i changed some core stuff and it will not work with a 2.0 save with a good chance*

The most important ones
- i updated Lucikes scripts (to his releases 2 month ago)
- i updated the signal targeted com. agent script to the last com. agent script release
- i increased the fake mod number to 18, 18 is now the customizer TWareT.
- this will not longer ovewrite some model fixes which was released for XRM

I tweaked and fixed the script merges of core / original scripts. i think this really merge all fixes/changes from the mods, like the SCS changes with missile safety and so on.
i did that int he past too and it was nothing really broken but this time all should be near perfect (i hope).

I fixed the stupid install script bug which i did not found. I mean that for some the install failed when it was done on pathes with spaces. In fact the installer worked fine - beside the path for the 7zip which unpacked the downloaded mods when it was started the first time. After that all worked fine and as i tested it was already unpacked. Now all should finally work, god damn.

i moved trov (trade overview) to _Unused because the MK3 Trade/Kommandomenu have that feature build in too and that script i deeply merged with the MK3 trader stuff.

I removed the "small ring" in the ringless gates. I put the changed file to _Unused\objects\others\ .

The biggest change / feature is releated to the repair laser.

The story: The repair laser stuff is historical "broken". XRM tried to fix that by removing all origina RL from the game (it was not there anyway) but add a new type "quantum repair laser" which use, well, quantum tubes, and added a new ship for that, the maintenance pod. Which was exclusive OTAS, when i remember right.

But most M6 showed still the "repair laser" under weapons. Even more worse - it was not easy to remove, because it was part of the core game and added to a group of weapons like the mining laser and such. So, removing it from the M6 also removed other useful tools. The M6 was partly very cheaty, you was able to create some uber repair ships, heavily armored and armed, speedy as hell, with half a dozen repair laster and even more. You was able to bring them in fights and all.

More worse - you had to add the repair lasers to the game. Which was incredible cheap... On the top the quantum repair lasers..

I changed that now. By some tricky naming. i renamed the original laser name to "*internal*". With some tooltip text explaining why. Anyway, that removed all the irritating "repair laser" entries for weapons from combat ships - a laser which was even not to buy regular by default.

Then i renamed the quantum repair laser to "repair laser" (in a way the *internal* are shown too), renamed the maintenance pod to "maintenance repair tender" and added it to alot more shipyard and the standard yard templates.

The trick is now this: In the RL tenders, the lasers are build in. They can't be buyed, sold or removed. The old laser is still usuable. It was build in "hidden" by the core game too. Like the player astronaut have it hidden added (when you go out of the ship and shot) or the MARS gremlins have it. But its not named anymore. Which is not needed anyway.

On top of that i tweaked the new laser to be not that fast and balanced them.

The result is ok. It can't be perfect because the mechanism is broken by the original game. But now not everyone get confused by a laser slot which does not really exists . The tenders are slow and squishy, you have to guard them and all.

That allowed me to remove the repair laser scripts, which added repair lasers and factories to the game. Whih was broken in some way too.

I tweaked some other stuff, like the xenon invasion comes now with more ships and should break out earlier.
The game should be even more complex now - i saw in the test some combinations i never saw before and some intense fights too.

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:11

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 11:53
You forgot to change the date. ( :) )
fixed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”