[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

michtoen
x3

[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:57

UPDATE 3.1 - READ HERE: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=399184&p=4889591#p4889591

LxXRM - Install Guide

The steps will explain how to have a working, modded game.
You should ensure you have a clean base install.

* DO NOT INSTALL THE BONUS PACK OR SOME OTHER EXTRA STUFF *

LxXRM will do all what the bonus pack will deliver, but installing that with updated or better scripts.
* installing the bonus pack or other "lower level scripts" with LxXRM will corrupt your game with a high chance - do not do it *

I strongly suggest to make a copy from your steam installation to a place like D:/X3AP or something, so you do not have reinstall it every time something went wrong.
But you *can* use every path.

After that is done, follow the STEPs.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR ALBION PRELUDE !

STEP 1 - Install Cycrows Plugin Manager V1.531

You can find and download the plugin manager here:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=265915

Use the first, big download button, not the beta or something.

Follow the guide how to install it, in the end you should have something like this:

[ external image ]

That will make your game marked as "Modified".

STEP 2 - Download LxXRM

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM31.zip

Unzip it and start LxXRM/SETUP.bat
You will see this (This screens are from 2.0, your bat will show 3.x+):

[ external image ]

Note: If you still run Windows 7 or lower (you should not), you will not see any colors in the terminal, only windows 10+ can do it (yeah, microsoft...).
The installer will still work but if you want colors, just install a modern terminal in your windows 7, like the cmder, and start the installer from it.
https://cmder.net/

STEP 3 - Set the PATH

Press the 'P' key to set the Path to your game.
It will ask you for the path.

[ external image ]

Type in the path and press return. The setup will tell you all is fine.

[ external image ]

If you set the wrong path, you will see something like this:

[ external image ]

Just press P again until you have typed in the right path.

If you see a "Plugin Manager" warning, you did something wrong at STEP 2 or you pointed the installer to the wrong path, where the game but no plugin manager is installed.

[ external image ]

STEP 4 - Download the big mods and X3AP.exe (no steam)

I have not included 2 big mods and the X3AP "no steram".exe (Lucike is now included and need no external download anymore).

You have to download them and copy them to ...LxXRM/_DOWNLOADS.
DO NOT UNPACK OR INSTALL THEM! The installer will do that all for you.

You do not need the "no steam X3AP.exe" if your game is not from steam.
Just copy your normal X3AP.exe then to ...LxXRM/_DOWNLOADS.
You can find the no steam exe here: https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_de.php

Download now the 3 XRM install files from the XRM thread: XRM : viewtopic.php?f=94&t=304158

Copy XRM1.30_PART_1.zip, XRM1.30d_PART_2.zip and XRM1.29_PART_3.zip to ...LxXRM/_DOWNLOADS.

Do the same for the Resurrection mod. Resurrection : viewtopic.php?f=94&t=395259

Follow the steps on his website and download & copy X3-RESURRECTION_3.0.rar, Compatibility pack for XRM.rar and the latest patch Patch_3.2.rar to ...LxXRM/_DOWNLOADS.
Note: You do not need to rename the Patch_3.?.rar file when its 3.3 or something, the installer will find it out. Just ensure to have only ONE Patch file in, when you want update Resurrection from 3.2 to 3.3. later (at the point i write this, 3.3 is not out).

If all is done, you will see something like this:

[ external image ]

Hint: You can press 'R' key for refreshing the view.

STEP 5 - Configure

I suggest to play with the default setup first.
If you know what you do, you can change the configure parts just by pressing the key in front (like 1, 2, 3..).
There is a second part you see if you hit the 'O' key for Options, there is only the font size ATM.

STEP 6 - Install

Well, just press the 'I' key for installing.
It will ask "start to install?" - just type in 'y' for yes.
If it runs first time, it will unpack and prepare all the external downloaded mods for you - just sit and watch.

After the installer is done, you are ready to play!
Have fun.

Optional: UnInstall

One feature of LxXRM is, that you can easily uninstall it. Just press the 'U' key.
The installer will ask you to remove the mods from your game (so it will be as before STEP 6) and, if you want, to remove the unpacked XRM & Resurrection mods.
This is very useful if you update that mods.

You can then press 'I' again to install it. Rinse and Repeat that as often you want.

CHECK ALL IS FINE

You should see no ReadMETXT error in the game. Everytime you see a ZZZ_... or PLACEHODER in a shipyard or in a equipment dock, it shows your game is broken, sorry. It either means you have done something wrong when installing or you have installed a mod on top of LxXRM which has broken it.

There is one exeption, which is a pure visual glitch: If you did not have landed a few docks, the dock will show you ZA_EMP_WARE_BLANK_WARE if you look at the Eq-Dock with Info menu.
But thats only a GUI thing, if you land at the dock, all is shown right. You can see that effect at the Split EQ in "Family Pride" - thats the bording transporter extension. It is shown right after you landed a ship there and opened the buy menu.

That glitch shows up here and there is an old glitch. It will not effect your game, its pure visual and will vanish.

You can see at 2 point the docks and ship list are ok and lucike stuff merged right with XRM and all the other fake mods.

The first one is the Shipyard in "Argon Prime", the second one is the OTAS Shipyard in "Legend's Home".

In the Argon Prime Shipyard you see the weapon platforms, CODEA platform and other stuff from Lucike.

[ external image ]

In the OTAS Shipyard you see the exta EQ from the Enhanced Equipment Docks.

[ external image ]

You can also check out Saturn 3 - there is the Dock where you can buy the Saturn Complex Hubs.

And again: There is no PLACEHOLDER or ZZZ_xxx marker - all ships and docks works.
If you see something like that ingame or in the docks - your install is broken.
Last edited by michtoen on Sun, 6. Oct 19, 23:40, edited 14 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:57

What is LxXRM doing and installing?

- XRM
- *all* Lucike scripts
- the Lucike fake mod stuff and scripts
- the missing english t files
- TCAP for AP for XRM (optional)
- Lost Colony (optional)
- a fix mix to make work all this together
- a full X3 Customizer tweak
- CPP performance patch
- Awesomefied Weapons
- Complex Cleaner, enhanced EQ Docks, advanced Complex Hubs, Saturn Complex Hubs,...
- No Ring Gates
- Resurrection
- NPC bailing (fixed and extended)
- SCS (with some changes)
- Revelation for XRM (extended for LxXRM)
- ADS + PirateGuild + Yaki + fixes
- Phanon XRM
- Improved Khaak
- Bounce (with t files for different setups)
- Patches for all this
- 40+ mods
- Missile Safety with fixes so it works on top of it
- some more smart fixes

LxXRM 2.0 updated some mods like Improved Khaak, Smart, Lucike scripts and much more.

I added GPS, MK3-Kommandomenü, X-Achievements and Military Base Response Revamp.

I will try to write a complete catalog if i have a bit more time.

If you want get an idea what you get - i uploaded 2 Footage videos which shows how the weapon settings come out.
The goal was to remove the XRM problems which added alot beauty but on the cost to become unplayable in later game without to become boring.

In detail - this mod removed the bullet & laser spam by adding more tactical shooting (the weapons are more powerful now) but in the same time we give bigger ships more "Oomph".
The focus in BIG ship fights are now beams...

Combined with all the AI mods and settings added is the result... well, make your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWnOwm18drw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFPJLh__D40

Note that i have all on max settings - graphics settings and ingame.
There is no lag for me, even with alot more ships fighting like this.
Last edited by michtoen on Sun, 28. Apr 19, 13:38, edited 5 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 21:58

How To Setup after Start

I have done an example video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrQmNq ... e=youtu.be

The steps are this:

After loading, the game will FREEZE for a longer time - up to 1 minute!
Thats normal, just wait.
After that a row of popups will tell you what all is loaded. Click them away.

Then do this:

Go to Controls -> Interface and scroll down.
You will see here all hotkey hooks from the mods.

At start you need to assign only 2:
- Plugin Configurations
- Salvage Command Suite menu

Click the key you assigned the SCS menu and enable/disable the notifications you want.
You will find later the suite a bit spamy when it comes to bailed ships, you can disable the notification here.

Now Click the Plugin Configuration - thats the modding main menu. Set this mods:

- Military Base revamp
Cofigure like you want then click "Install/Update" - or the mod is not started!

- NPC Bailing Addon
Enable/Disable what you like (i strongly suggest to enable all) then you MUST click "save options" to enable your changes

- Salvage Commands and NPC
To make the game consistant with my changes to SCS, change the needed claim software back to "system override software"

- Universe Explorers
Setup like you want but its important you set the "use mk3 blacklist" - which makes that blacklist a global blacklist for traders, explorers and so on

After that, ensure MARS is enabled. Like shown in the video, if you go to Gameplay -> Artificial Life Settings, there are beside all entires a single "ReadmeTXT...",
which is normally a sign of a missing mod part.

In this case its a marker for MARS. MARS is installed but not enabled - which will happen automatically after you load the game from a save file the first time.
Also some other mods start at that event. Its used by modders as event to part "startup mods" from "later starting mods".

So, go and save your game, then reload it from that save.
Wait a few second and you should see 2 popups, one is from MARS telling you its ready.
Note: That will only happen when the game is like a minute old - if you save/load before that time nothing will happen.
So, do the setup stuff above first, it will give you the needed ingame time.

If you open now the Gameplay -> Artificial Life Settings again, the ReadMETxt part should be gone and there is the MARS setting line.
Anyway, i suggest not to enable MARS but SMART for AI ships, i find it better for performance.

Now, in the AI Settiings, enable this in this order, but first:

DO NOT SET THIS OPTION: "Military Base Revamp: enable Xenon Military base"
At last not as long you do not play a xenon. It seems to break some stuff for other mods if you do not play a xenon.

Beside that, enable / configure:

- enable the Yaki Armada mod first
- then enable the Pirate Guild mod

Reason is, that the Pirate Guild mod will see an enabled Yaki mod and setup internal some stuff then.

- enable the Revelation mod (that will fill and enable the sectors in the right upper corner of the galaxy map and you will have some fun)

- enable the repair lasers stations
You can buy and setup some M3 and M6 with that, repairing big ships in a very short time. You will need that later.

- enable SMART AI for NPC
will make fight alot smarter. If you find your game lagging, consider to disable this

- X-Archivments
If you like that kind of stuff

- Basic Salary Pilot Union...
You will notice some spam popup about pilot payments and such, every few ingame hours. You can diable that with this option.

- Brennan Triumph, Kha'ak Invasion
If you find the game to easy... be warned.

. Follow me / Homebase...
This is a tricky one, configure what fits your game play style. What this does? If you fly in a game with a M6 or whatever, which have a smaller ships docked, like your explorer, and you change the ship so you fly your explorer now, this setting will define what the M6 aka your previous ship will do then. Like stopping, going on with the old command, follow you... try it out.

Try out the other options but normally you do not need to make here changes. Be sure you try to find out what mod gives you the option and what it does, do NEVER EVER just set some changes and "look what they do", often they will have impacts on your game you can't change later.

I added a screenshot of a good setup for the Salvage Command Suite - SCS.
The script is great but comes with a pack of functions which feel cheaty or will add the same features as other scripts. To avoid that, go in the command settings of the SCS and disable that features.
You *can* select and enable what you want but for a good experience i suggest some tweaks.

A good mix should look like this:
[ external image ]
Last edited by michtoen on Sun, 22. Sep 19, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 13:39

This looks freakin awesome, and everything I ever wanted from XRM. :D

Two questions:

1) What did you fix WRT XRM performance?
The last time I played that mod I suffered a general (CPU bound) performance degradation over time, to the point that the game became difficult to play by ~day 10.
I'm not sure if XRM works with the fixed generic missions in the latest AP release, but if it replaces them that might explain it.
How is long-term performance with LxXRM?

2) How do I install this on GNU/Linux?
I can run those batch files (and XPM) in a Windows VM and point it to my native install with dummy X3AP_n.exe, but I'll need the XRM Linux patch in place of XRM part 3.
It's been well over a decade since I used Windows seriously, so I'm not sure how modifying your installer will go for me. I see a variable in there though... I'll give it a poke. :P

-----

Ed. Oh, FFS. Your batch files can't be in a path with spaces. What is this, 1995? :roll:

02_UNPACK_.bat contains 'set X3AP_PATH=D:/X3AP', which overrides the var set in the prior install steps.

Installing this on GNU/linux is going to be a bear. There are several hardcoded references to XRM part3 in the batch files, which I have changed, but the cat/dat ordering is also up to FA, as XRM linux patch includes a new pair.
I don't see any easy (i.e. configuration variables) way in the installer scripts to insert a cat/dat pair after XRM part 2.

Kudos for the pack I guess, but it's no use to me as it is - I expect I'd be better off installing the included stuff manually.
Or perhaps rewriting the installer in bash, if I can be arsed. Batch files are horrible, and I've just remembered why I hate scripting on Windows.

-----
Ed. I'll install this with no scripts, manually install the XRM Linux patch (it's just sound files and lens-flare AFAIK), then install some of your included scripts (in your order) with the plugin manager.
I'll let you know how (if) this franken-install runs... Hey, why not, I have nothing better to do tonight. ;)

-----
Ed. Game crashes at start screen. Assuming this mod pack includes something else (other than XRM) not compatible with the Linux port.
Installed: base mod pack, plus XRM Linux patch (installed as per XRM thread). No scripts.
Ahh well, it looks nice, nevermind.

I'll come back if you fix this, but it's beyond my motivation level to go through everything in here myself, it's just too difficult to isolate each mod included.

-----
Ed. I'm now pretty certain it's Resurrection that is crashing the game.
The Linux (and probably Mac) ports use OpenGL and don't support the same dds compression formats as the Windows version.
There are also reports of format incompatibilities with the start screen .jpgs (of all things) causing similar crashes.

Any chance of making Resurrection (and maybe Awesomefied too) optional so this will run on Linux & Mac?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 22:59

Oh my, i was aware people are on linux too, but i had no idea there first report is about it.

My RL work is on *nix systems, but i do not have game ready systems.

Well - sorry for the bat file, there are some restrictions. I forgot about no spaces... There is a reason for it, the automatic path find loop do not like it. I think i can remove it but its a safety feature from a prof. project.

Because that loop is admin safe - a bat executed as admin is virtually moved to the windows system folder in C: or where you installed windows. And then there is a bug with spaces... i think i can remove that loop and just use plain '.'.

I have no idea how X3 runs under linux, if its really the Resurrection mod i am puzzled too. Anyway, its safe to remove it. You can either move the fake mods on top of it down or overwrite it with one without content. The mod has no dependencies.

There is another trap for linux, you have to check for directory names because the case sensitifiy of linux. Thats also a problem in other scripts/nods you for sure experienced.

Its a bit work to make it portable, nothing special just some grind.

I will include the bash files, if you have them and its no problem for me to support them in the future.

So, if you want check all out and adjust, go on, i will include it in the next release.

There is a small t-file problem in the Khaak mod, i moved the ship commands not good enough, but it will not make problems at start.
I fixed that already and will ad it in the next release.
The whole thing is VERY stable under windows, btw.

I have since 2 weeks with that setup no crash experienced. Just be careful what you add on top of it, do not add for example another automatic target mod, it will crash the game regulary here and there. Also, LIFE or such, using some system 0,0 tricks with spawns should be not used. I will write a guide later for it.

To 1.)

Yes, it is fixed with a very good chance. Not by me but by the X3 Customizer, following this thread:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398200

That full fix and alot more fixes are included.

Second part was a problem with the beam weapon settings and lasers of XRM, thats also fixed, even better as vanilla i guess.

I did not experienced slowdowns by time in my testings anymore (and i also check the running scripts, all fine). I also did fight checks like 50 adv. Khaak Destroyers vs. 50 Xenon Z, all full of beam. I did that with max. gfx settings on by box under 1920x1200. Yes, it was slow sometimes but playable and stable. Thats 100 extrem expensive ship models and ALOT beams, the screen was just yellow/green when they fired.

Thats the CPP patch and awosomfied lasers together, works all like a charm.
So, its important Awesomefied is included.

Can you give out a try without Resurrection? Just delete for that the fake mods 13 & 14 and rename everthing about it 2 numbers lowers. Then its 100% removed.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 02:39

michtoen wrote:Oh my, i was aware people are on linux too, but i had no idea there first report is about it.
Just timing really, I was looking for the components to set up XRM+TCAP+LoCo, and I found this.
michtoen wrote:I have no idea how X3 runs under linux, if its really the Resurrection mod i am puzzled too.
The linux port runs just fine, no observable difference from the original... Unless mods include incompatible audio or image/texture formats.
As for Resurrection, it crashes vanilla AP too, so it's not you. :)
michtoen wrote:Yes, it is fixed with a very good chance. Not by me but by the X3 Customizer
Damn, another new tool I was unaware of.
Not that I'm much good at, or have much time for modding X3, but I'll have to play with that.
michtoen wrote:its important Awesomefied is included.
Awesomefied causes the engine to throw warnings about OpenGL incompatible dds compression. I doubt it will work as intended.
A very quick test (aggroing a lasertower in argon prime) says beam weapons don't work. It will target me, but it won't fire.
michtoen wrote:Can you give out a try without Resurrection?
Seems to run okay, aside from the above. I get a 'ReadText0-250' in the AL menu, FWIW.

After messing with this a bit, I've concluded that there's too much included for my taste - even with none of the optional scripts installed. I think I'll just use it as a source for up-to-date mod files TBH. Sorry.

I would like those X3 customizer fixes though... Is your transform file safe to run on a plain old XRM + TCAP install?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:05

Hi

No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.

I should wonder when there are real readtext elsewhere, i had not seen one since weeks.

After the game starts up, you must wait a bit, set your keys and gui and save like after a minute.

Then reload - you will get 2 more messages about starting the complex cleaner and mars. Thats because both are set to late load, thats ensures they start after every other mod.

Other mods do that too, just quite. For example alot scripts which put new ware in station.

If other scripts add station, and both run at the same time, they will have timing conflicts. So the trick is that usually the scripter which add base stuff, run it right away, the scripts which needs that base stuff, run after the first load. Thats something which is a done in X since the early modding days.

In 420 - CPP weapon performance you can look in the !ORIG sub direcotry and get from the zip inside the TBullet.txt.

Thats the non awe. version. But for bigger battles you need some substitiution for that for late and mid game or the fights will be slow.

X3 Customizer can make a version with removed beams, using normal bullets.

We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version. Its no problem, i can include that in the next release and you can check it out.

Well, too much included is for the base scripts and mods not the points - its lucike & XRM and then just the 4 complex and station mods which enhance and add stations. Without the complex stuff you will run in late game in performance problerms again, thats the base stuff. These station moids do not add really new stuff, just variations and instances of docks and complexes, so its playable also late game.

TCAP and Lost Colony are optional by design, the invasion scripts are all inactive and do nothing until activated.

Thats the idea: To give all option but without to overload the game.

You should NOT activate all invasion scripts at start. Do so and you are dead anyway, there is no way to survive them all at once from start.

i usually start Yaki, then the pirate guild (it should be in that order, so the pirate guild can detect the actrive Yaki) and the Revelation. Anything else you better run later or when you need a new challange.

Ensure you config in the hotkeys cyrows plugin manager menu first, there are the other half of setups menus in, like in the AI menu. There you set the npc bail (which is deactivated in this version by start) and set the salvage commands to use "system override software", then the whole thing works non cheaty as it should.
Last edited by michtoen on Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:28, edited 3 times in total.

Scorchlite
x3ap

Post by Scorchlite » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:23

Hey I've had a quick test and it all seems to be working well for me.. I'm super impressed and happy that you did this! I haven't played X3 in quite a long time because of the slowdown and some mod issues (I honestly couldnt identify what suddenly went weird on my old PC), so am very excited about playing with this setup.

I have one question though, is it possible to use IEX with this loadout? :)

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 04:35

Scorchlite wrote:Hey I've had a quick test and it all seems to be working well for me.. I'm super impressed and happy that you did this! I haven't played X3 in quite a long time because of the slowdown and some mod issues (I honestly couldnt identify what suddenly went weird on my old PC), so am very excited about playing with this setup.

I have one question though, is it possible to use IEX with this loadout? :)
In theory, yes. But there are some issues and it need some testing.
And it makes it even more complex to setup because more variants.

TCAP needs another patch on the top of it, not sure how to merge that with current setup because i already add here lost colony.

I did not included it because that because it needs here and there some patches for xrm and reserrection too i think and for all which plays around with the story part.

I personally like the hard, dark look of the vanilla + resurrection mix, all this colorful nebula stuff is a bit much for my taste.

So, if one like to volunteer here, he is welcome. But its a bit work - the testing will be time consuming.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 05:05

michtoen wrote:No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.
Ahh, I forgot about that, haven't used mars in ages. Don't really want it TBH.
Same goes for many (but not all) of Lucike's scripts, eEQD and SHC really.
Integrating TCAP, LoCo and Litcube's stuff is nice though (maps and MD stuff confuses me), if only the rest worked on my OS.
michtoen wrote:We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version.
That would be awesome :D

The rest: Yeah, I know.

I'm going to actually play some game before my weekend expires though, so I just rolled my own install. Made some tweaks with X3customizer that will (hopefully) help with late-game lag.
I'd love to find an alternative to awesomefied, but I don't see anything around here, and I'm not really set up to muck about with fixing it.

Thanks for the pack of updated original files, they saved a bunch of time. I can even install those without a Winblows VM. :)

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 12:24

I'm having trouble setting this up, I've got the _X3AP_PATH_ BAT set up so it finds my X3AP installation, but it tells me it can't find the plugin manager even though I've pointed it to that folder. It tells me to refer to a README_FIRSt.txt but I can't find this in the LxXRM download.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:43

You have not point to the plugin manager but you have to run it and activate it - aka set your X3 to marked. It will also write some scripts by default to it.

When the installer bat can find that .pck/.xml in addon/scripts the message will be gone.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:48

steve_v wrote:
michtoen wrote:No, the REadText in the AI menu is by design - thats from mars script.
Ahh, I forgot about that, haven't used mars in ages. Don't really want it TBH.
Same goes for many (but not all) of Lucike's scripts, eEQD and SHC really.
Integrating TCAP, LoCo and Litcube's stuff is nice though (maps and MD stuff confuses me), if only the rest worked on my OS.
michtoen wrote:We can do a "you want use resurrection mod" and "you want use awesom. weapons or no bullet beams" to make a compatible version.
That would be awesome :D

The rest: Yeah, I know.

I'm going to actually play some game before my weekend expires though, so I just rolled my own install. Made some tweaks with X3customizer that will (hopefully) help with late-game lag.
I'd love to find an alternative to awesomefied, but I don't see anything around here, and I'm not really set up to muck about with fixing it.

Thanks for the pack of updated original files, they saved a bunch of time. I can even install those without a Winblows VM. :)
Yeah, fine with me - thats what it is for - to use it for different setups.

I am not sure what the best is - one good way would be to create different batch sets and for thats own "copyme" sub folders or something else.

The golden way would be make zips and unzip it by the fly, so it can be really 1:1 be selected, but thats some awful work and i am not sure it become to complex then.

If aynone has a good idea...

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:52

You have not point to the plugin manager but you have to run it and activate it - aka set your X3 to marked. It will also write some scripts by default to it.

When the installer bat can find that .pck/.xml in addon/scripts the message will be gone.
I've followed the instructions in the first post about the plugin manager, is it because I have it installed in C:Games/X3/X Plugin Manager? The game is in C:Games/X3/x3 terran conflict. It looks like the plugin manager has created a large number of files in addon/scripts, what's the specific one that needs to be there?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:40

Pierre'70 wrote:

I've followed the instructions in the first post about the plugin manager, is it because I have it installed in C:Games/X3/X Plugin Manager? The game is in C:Games/X3/x3 terran conflict. It looks like the plugin manager has created a large number of files in addon/scripts, what's the specific one that needs to be there?
Hm, what is exactly the error message and after you run what bat file?

After you did a clean install and started and point the plugin manager to it and marked your X3 modifed, all needed scripts should ready.

In fact the bat file is just checking 2 scripts are in addon/scripts, you can look in the bat file and find the check line, its pretty obvioous to see and read.

I wonder whats the problem is...

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:53

My _X3AP_PATH_ bat looks like this:
@echo off

REM global path to your X3 Albion Prelude install.
REM ENSURE its the latest patch (3,)
REM do not use ' in the path, do not have space between the = sign ("X3AP_PATH = D:/X3AP" will NOT work)
REM EXAMPLE > set X3AP_PATH=D:\X3AP
set X3AP_PATH=C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict

REM if you follow the README_FIRSt.txt install suggestions, this will work out of the box
REM if you have them installed elsewhere, you have to adjust this pathes
set XPM_PATH=./../X Plugin Manager
set X3C_PATH=./../X3_Customizer
I've run this, then when I run the 01_SETUP_ bat I get this:
Sanity check :: Search in C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict for C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict/X3AP_n.exe and /addon directory

Found! Target directory check successful!

**** CALL check_plugin_manager.bat ****
ERROR :: X3AP_n.exe not found - check X3AP_PATH and the README_FIRST.txt to have a clean install
ERROR :: Read the README_FIRST.txt and ensure the X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced by Cyrow is enabled!
Press any key to continue . . .
I've tried changing set 'XPM_PATH=' to the plugin manager folder but I get the same error.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 00:02

Pierre'70 wrote:My _X3AP_PATH_ bat looks like this:
@echo off

REM global path to your X3 Albion Prelude install.
REM ENSURE its the latest patch (3,)
REM do not use ' in the path, do not have space between the = sign ("X3AP_PATH = D:/X3AP" will NOT work)
REM EXAMPLE > set X3AP_PATH=D:\X3AP
set X3AP_PATH=C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict

REM if you follow the README_FIRSt.txt install suggestions, this will work out of the box
REM if you have them installed elsewhere, you have to adjust this pathes
set XPM_PATH=./../X Plugin Manager
set X3C_PATH=./../X3_Customizer
I've run this, then when I run the 01_SETUP_ bat I get this:
Sanity check :: Search in C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict for C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict/X3AP_n.exe and /addon directory

Found! Target directory check successful!

**** CALL check_plugin_manager.bat ****
ERROR :: X3AP_n.exe not found - check X3AP_PATH and the README_FIRST.txt to have a clean install
ERROR :: Read the README_FIRST.txt and ensure the X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced by Cyrow is enabled!
Press any key to continue . . .
I've tried changing set 'XPM_PATH=' to the plugin manager folder but I get the same error.
Ok, it seems i copied over some older files for the first release. That explains the strange space problem, i first assumed was a different problem.

Anyway, i created an update, fixing that problem and some more:

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM10.zip

I also included other fixes, like options to exclude the Resurrection mod, use awesomefied effects or not and some more.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:21

Thanks michtoen, it's all working properly now. I've never actually played XRM with so many other mods and scripts, this should be interesting! The keyboard shortcuts screen is suddenly extremely intimidating...

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 17:12

Hello,

I think I'll try your package, it premises some awesome stuff (LU's scripts + XRM :roll: )

I've a question for the installation : do we need to install the AP Bonus Material from Egosoft first?
I didn't see anything about this in the OP.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 17:49

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks michtoen, it's all working properly now. I've never actually played XRM with so many other mods and scripts, this should be interesting! The keyboard shortcuts screen is suddenly extremely intimidating...
Yeah, i know that feeling :)

You will notice that the selected stuff works well together and/or are alternatives you can select.

I will write a guide later, after a bit more testing, but some help for the setup:

Things to do first after starting a new game:

- wait. The game needs some time to startup, after the first popup the music stats to hickup, thats normal and will be gone after 30-45 seconds. Then all will go and a row of messages will apear.

- Go Controls->Interface and bind the "Plugin Configuration" to a key

- open the Plugin Configuration

- select "Salvage Commands & NPCs" and set the used Software to "System Override Software"

- select the "NPC Bailing Addon" and enable what you want and play around with the bail chance. Depending on your selected start (with/without misisons, etc.) you want set it different.

Note: This version of the script will allow to set big & Huge ships on a high drop rate for selected races. But the ships will drop to 95% as real wrecks, usually without any stuff and a hull left like 5%. To make that wrecks fight ready, you have to invest alot time and money. Its so just a kind of debris management. Its ALOT fun. The mars scripts allows repair for free, but it needs alot time and management, so its balanced. I like to play games with many invasions enabled, which normally kill you but with high drop rate. You just have to collect the ships, build the infrastructure to arm them and then you NEED them to throw against the invaders. Its also pretty balanced and a new kind of game style. As one will find out this mix of mods and scripts allow nearly all kind of styles to play you can imagine from X.

- set your graphics and seta but DO NOT set the AI for now
- wait until like a minute is gone and save the game
- reload the save

- Now 2 more messages will popup, one from the "Complex Cleaner" one from "Mars". Now all scripts started up

- Go to the AI Settings. If you see still a ReadmeTxt in that, its usually mars which did not started up. Just wait a big longer, safe again and load again. It should trigger then.

- in the AI Settings, enable first the "Yaki Guild". The Yaki will stay neutral or positive to the player for most game starts but will increase the thread level for the race. Alot more nice fights. Be sure you enable "ADS"

- Now i suggest to start the pirate guild. Do that AFTER the Yaki guild enabled, because the pirate guild can detect the yaki guild and enable more stuff. Enable ADS and what you want.

- i also suggest, except you want play first all the missions, the Revelation invasion script. With the build in race respond fleet of AP it will take longer and slower for them to invade. You can increase their strength in their t file, but be careful. I changed the scripts, so the attackers as the defenders run on full armed ships, its alot light show there.

- You can enable Brennans Triumpf - Tortuga too, but thats then ALOT and ALOT pirates.

- Do not enable the Nightmare invasion, Phanon or the Khaak script. Go first to their script release threads and read carefully all posts. There are issues with all 3 scripts and they are really dangerous and can invade the universe together pretty fast. The Khaak script has a crash issue i think i disabled in the settings, be warned. For the advanced players only, but you do not need them for a good game, this is add stuff.

- set the "Basic Salary Pilot Union" entry to "NO". That will disable the annoying messages from that script.

- set "Follow me / Remember Homebase" to "Standby". That will define what a ship will do, after you changed ship to one landed in that. The default will make it follow, you can select the behaviour you like.

- leave the other settings until you know what they do

THINGS NOT TO DO:

- do NOT install the bonus scripts, i already added advanced updates.

- do NOT enable mars or smart for NPC ships! This setup comes with a useful and fast turret change for NPC ships, enabling smart & mars will slow down your game in big fights alot later

- do NOT install any race responce fleet or improved race/military script! AP comes already with one build in doing a fine job and XRM will add some more stuff on top of it. The war part of the improved races for example will break the mission scripts and Revelation and some more. Also, all of its features are already added by other scripts. That scripts are very useful under TC but not under AP. The good news is, that because we use to many already build in stuff, we spare the cpu footprint of that big scripts.

- do NOT install LIFE or any script adding fake sectors and station/ships to count or control other scripts (MD). They will slow down the game AND they will crash alot scripts. The attacker scripts or the salvage scripts have no idea about forbidden ships/stations, invisible marked or not. I like the hacker idea behind that stuff, its smart, but its only usuable in vanilla. Consider yourself be warned. Do no install such stuff on top of it. I already included neary every heavy script.

- do NOT never ever install Cyrcrows "Advanced Navigation" for AP.
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250425
Its broken and not finished under AP and will slow down your game. I think that script is the source of many installs which can't run SETA. You will notice with increasing game time that the ship stop for like 200ms every few seconds, a kind of moving hickup. Thats this script.

- install Cycrows Cheat package for AP. Start for that the Plugin Manager, go to Packages->Package Browser in the drop down menu and install the cheat package for AP.

- a known bug from vanilla is, that if you start a terran character, the Teladi are set to notority 0. But even after you increased the notority, sometimes a lasertower or a single patrol ship in the core sectors stay red and aggro to you. The simplest way to deal with that is use the hotkeys. For that, bind the "destroy" command from the cheat packages to a key in the Controls->Interface manager, target the buggy red object and destroy it right away with that key. Thats alot more sane as to run a script resetting all notority or something, also that will not always work.

- The Salvage Command Software is some beast to configure. After changing settings, do not close the menu by ESC, but use the "close menu" entry, its a "close & save" entry. There are some annoying popups to the logfile messages from it about "there is a derilight M6 in setor xy" (after you dropped a satellite there), you can disable & configure that messages there too.

Simple TESTS.
To check you game is stable, generally and after you changed/added stuff, do this:

- with Cycrows Cheat script, reveal the whole universe aka all sectors
- with the same script, add to all sectors satelites
- hit "Suptertune" your ship 2 times (will make it a rocket)
- open the "Plugin Configuration" with the hotkey
- open the "Eary Satellite Warning..." configuration
- enable EVERY satellite for it

Now start to fly around with your very fast ship. Do that in SETA. open the sector screen and hit seta, flying around.

The game can be a bit slower now but it should be nearly not noticable. If the game start to hickup, really big time slower or something, there is a script which does not work well. On my higher end box, i can't notice any difference in speed.

- If you want spawn ships for fight testing, use NOT the mass/fleet spawn part ot the cheat packages. There is a bug somewhere and/or it spawns invalid ship, crashing the game sooner or later which give the impression something is wrong. but instead its the buggy spawn. Use the "create ship" for a single ship, bind the cheat menu to a hotkey, target that ship and hit the hotkey and use the clone option.

- For flying around in big fights, use the "god mode" and "no collision" option of the cheat menu. Be sure thst you select both to yes and close the menu then. Reopen and check both are on yes. But be aware that enemies can still do indirect damage to you. A massive hit by missile and beams can destroy you even in god mode.
Last edited by michtoen on Mon, 16. Jul 18, 18:25, edited 9 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”