[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:53

My _X3AP_PATH_ bat looks like this:
@echo off

REM global path to your X3 Albion Prelude install.
REM ENSURE its the latest patch (3,)
REM do not use ' in the path, do not have space between the = sign ("X3AP_PATH = D:/X3AP" will NOT work)
REM EXAMPLE > set X3AP_PATH=D:\X3AP
set X3AP_PATH=C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict

REM if you follow the README_FIRSt.txt install suggestions, this will work out of the box
REM if you have them installed elsewhere, you have to adjust this pathes
set XPM_PATH=./../X Plugin Manager
set X3C_PATH=./../X3_Customizer
I've run this, then when I run the 01_SETUP_ bat I get this:
Sanity check :: Search in C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict for C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict/X3AP_n.exe and /addon directory

Found! Target directory check successful!

**** CALL check_plugin_manager.bat ****
ERROR :: X3AP_n.exe not found - check X3AP_PATH and the README_FIRST.txt to have a clean install
ERROR :: Read the README_FIRST.txt and ensure the X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced by Cyrow is enabled!
Press any key to continue . . .
I've tried changing set 'XPM_PATH=' to the plugin manager folder but I get the same error.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 00:02

Pierre'70 wrote:My _X3AP_PATH_ bat looks like this:
@echo off

REM global path to your X3 Albion Prelude install.
REM ENSURE its the latest patch (3,)
REM do not use ' in the path, do not have space between the = sign ("X3AP_PATH = D:/X3AP" will NOT work)
REM EXAMPLE > set X3AP_PATH=D:\X3AP
set X3AP_PATH=C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict

REM if you follow the README_FIRSt.txt install suggestions, this will work out of the box
REM if you have them installed elsewhere, you have to adjust this pathes
set XPM_PATH=./../X Plugin Manager
set X3C_PATH=./../X3_Customizer
I've run this, then when I run the 01_SETUP_ bat I get this:
Sanity check :: Search in C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict for C:/Games/X3/x3 terran conflict/X3AP_n.exe and /addon directory

Found! Target directory check successful!

**** CALL check_plugin_manager.bat ****
ERROR :: X3AP_n.exe not found - check X3AP_PATH and the README_FIRST.txt to have a clean install
ERROR :: Read the README_FIRST.txt and ensure the X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced by Cyrow is enabled!
Press any key to continue . . .
I've tried changing set 'XPM_PATH=' to the plugin manager folder but I get the same error.
Ok, it seems i copied over some older files for the first release. That explains the strange space problem, i first assumed was a different problem.

Anyway, i created an update, fixing that problem and some more:

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM10.zip

I also included other fixes, like options to exclude the Resurrection mod, use awesomefied effects or not and some more.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:21

Thanks michtoen, it's all working properly now. I've never actually played XRM with so many other mods and scripts, this should be interesting! The keyboard shortcuts screen is suddenly extremely intimidating...

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 17:12

Hello,

I think I'll try your package, it premises some awesome stuff (LU's scripts + XRM :roll: )

I've a question for the installation : do we need to install the AP Bonus Material from Egosoft first?
I didn't see anything about this in the OP.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 17:49

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks michtoen, it's all working properly now. I've never actually played XRM with so many other mods and scripts, this should be interesting! The keyboard shortcuts screen is suddenly extremely intimidating...
Yeah, i know that feeling :)

You will notice that the selected stuff works well together and/or are alternatives you can select.

I will write a guide later, after a bit more testing, but some help for the setup:

Things to do first after starting a new game:

- wait. The game needs some time to startup, after the first popup the music stats to hickup, thats normal and will be gone after 30-45 seconds. Then all will go and a row of messages will apear.

- Go Controls->Interface and bind the "Plugin Configuration" to a key

- open the Plugin Configuration

- select "Salvage Commands & NPCs" and set the used Software to "System Override Software"

- select the "NPC Bailing Addon" and enable what you want and play around with the bail chance. Depending on your selected start (with/without misisons, etc.) you want set it different.

Note: This version of the script will allow to set big & Huge ships on a high drop rate for selected races. But the ships will drop to 95% as real wrecks, usually without any stuff and a hull left like 5%. To make that wrecks fight ready, you have to invest alot time and money. Its so just a kind of debris management. Its ALOT fun. The mars scripts allows repair for free, but it needs alot time and management, so its balanced. I like to play games with many invasions enabled, which normally kill you but with high drop rate. You just have to collect the ships, build the infrastructure to arm them and then you NEED them to throw against the invaders. Its also pretty balanced and a new kind of game style. As one will find out this mix of mods and scripts allow nearly all kind of styles to play you can imagine from X.

- set your graphics and seta but DO NOT set the AI for now
- wait until like a minute is gone and save the game
- reload the save

- Now 2 more messages will popup, one from the "Complex Cleaner" one from "Mars". Now all scripts started up

- Go to the AI Settings. If you see still a ReadmeTxt in that, its usually mars which did not started up. Just wait a big longer, safe again and load again. It should trigger then.

- in the AI Settings, enable first the "Yaki Guild". The Yaki will stay neutral or positive to the player for most game starts but will increase the thread level for the race. Alot more nice fights. Be sure you enable "ADS"

- Now i suggest to start the pirate guild. Do that AFTER the Yaki guild enabled, because the pirate guild can detect the yaki guild and enable more stuff. Enable ADS and what you want.

- i also suggest, except you want play first all the missions, the Revelation invasion script. With the build in race respond fleet of AP it will take longer and slower for them to invade. You can increase their strength in their t file, but be careful. I changed the scripts, so the attackers as the defenders run on full armed ships, its alot light show there.

- You can enable Brennans Triumpf - Tortuga too, but thats then ALOT and ALOT pirates.

- Do not enable the Nightmare invasion, Phanon or the Khaak script. Go first to their script release threads and read carefully all posts. There are issues with all 3 scripts and they are really dangerous and can invade the universe together pretty fast. The Khaak script has a crash issue i think i disabled in the settings, be warned. For the advanced players only, but you do not need them for a good game, this is add stuff.

- set the "Basic Salary Pilot Union" entry to "NO". That will disable the annoying messages from that script.

- set "Follow me / Remember Homebase" to "Standby". That will define what a ship will do, after you changed ship to one landed in that. The default will make it follow, you can select the behaviour you like.

- leave the other settings until you know what they do

THINGS NOT TO DO:

- do NOT install the bonus scripts, i already added advanced updates.

- do NOT enable mars or smart for NPC ships! This setup comes with a useful and fast turret change for NPC ships, enabling smart & mars will slow down your game in big fights alot later

- do NOT install any race responce fleet or improved race/military script! AP comes already with one build in doing a fine job and XRM will add some more stuff on top of it. The war part of the improved races for example will break the mission scripts and Revelation and some more. Also, all of its features are already added by other scripts. That scripts are very useful under TC but not under AP. The good news is, that because we use to many already build in stuff, we spare the cpu footprint of that big scripts.

- do NOT install LIFE or any script adding fake sectors and station/ships to count or control other scripts (MD). They will slow down the game AND they will crash alot scripts. The attacker scripts or the salvage scripts have no idea about forbidden ships/stations, invisible marked or not. I like the hacker idea behind that stuff, its smart, but its only usuable in vanilla. Consider yourself be warned. Do no install such stuff on top of it. I already included neary every heavy script.

- do NOT never ever install Cyrcrows "Advanced Navigation" for AP.
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250425
Its broken and not finished under AP and will slow down your game. I think that script is the source of many installs which can't run SETA. You will notice with increasing game time that the ship stop for like 200ms every few seconds, a kind of moving hickup. Thats this script.

- install Cycrows Cheat package for AP. Start for that the Plugin Manager, go to Packages->Package Browser in the drop down menu and install the cheat package for AP.

- a known bug from vanilla is, that if you start a terran character, the Teladi are set to notority 0. But even after you increased the notority, sometimes a lasertower or a single patrol ship in the core sectors stay red and aggro to you. The simplest way to deal with that is use the hotkeys. For that, bind the "destroy" command from the cheat packages to a key in the Controls->Interface manager, target the buggy red object and destroy it right away with that key. Thats alot more sane as to run a script resetting all notority or something, also that will not always work.

- The Salvage Command Software is some beast to configure. After changing settings, do not close the menu by ESC, but use the "close menu" entry, its a "close & save" entry. There are some annoying popups to the logfile messages from it about "there is a derilight M6 in setor xy" (after you dropped a satellite there), you can disable & configure that messages there too.

Simple TESTS.
To check you game is stable, generally and after you changed/added stuff, do this:

- with Cycrows Cheat script, reveal the whole universe aka all sectors
- with the same script, add to all sectors satelites
- hit "Suptertune" your ship 2 times (will make it a rocket)
- open the "Plugin Configuration" with the hotkey
- open the "Eary Satellite Warning..." configuration
- enable EVERY satellite for it

Now start to fly around with your very fast ship. Do that in SETA. open the sector screen and hit seta, flying around.

The game can be a bit slower now but it should be nearly not noticable. If the game start to hickup, really big time slower or something, there is a script which does not work well. On my higher end box, i can't notice any difference in speed.

- If you want spawn ships for fight testing, use NOT the mass/fleet spawn part ot the cheat packages. There is a bug somewhere and/or it spawns invalid ship, crashing the game sooner or later which give the impression something is wrong. but instead its the buggy spawn. Use the "create ship" for a single ship, bind the cheat menu to a hotkey, target that ship and hit the hotkey and use the clone option.

- For flying around in big fights, use the "god mode" and "no collision" option of the cheat menu. Be sure thst you select both to yes and close the menu then. Reopen and check both are on yes. But be aware that enemies can still do indirect damage to you. A massive hit by missile and beams can destroy you even in god mode.
Last edited by michtoen on Mon, 16. Jul 18, 18:25, edited 9 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 17:53

hargn wrote:Hello,

I think I'll try your package, it premises some awesome stuff (LU's scripts + XRM :roll: )

I've a question for the installation : do we need to install the AP Bonus Material from Egosoft first?
I didn't see anything about this in the OP.
No, do NOT install the bonus stuff, LxXRM comes already with fixed ones, some are critical fixes.

I did not included all scripts of the bonus packages, mainly because there are alternatives already installed, but all important ones are in as a newer version. In fact, half of them are from Lucike, which we included with 5 years newer versions for all.

One i did not installed is theHephaistos Corp. I found that not needed for this setup, but you can easily install it by hand on top of the install, using the plugin manager, thx to the open design.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311443

Even that is a newer version as in the bonus packages and should be installed in any case like other updates.

To do that without installing the bonus packages is more safe anyway.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 19:57

I'd love to try it but this installation is beyond my skills :(

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 20:36

jakubpolo wrote:I'd love to try it but this installation is beyond my skills :(
Hm, it should not...

Whats the problem?
I can go through it step by step, i have to write an easy guide anyway.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 21:48

I have installed X3 TC and X3 AP via steam with both bonus packs installed. What do I do next? :-D

I need to somehow remove those packs? And copy it all to new dir and use that thing that makes if playable without steam?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 23:16

jakubpolo wrote:I have installed X3 TC and X3 AP via steam with both bonus packs installed. What do I do next? :-D

I need to somehow remove those packs? And copy it all to new dir and use that thing that makes if playable without steam?
Ok, no problem.

In fact, you can do it just more simple.

Yes, do not install the bonus stuff. Remove the check mark in steam for ALL bonus stuff.

Just install it again - but this time just AP. TC will be installed in that way too, but you do not need to do it explizit. In fact, AP use the media and objects of TC but no script or something. So, no need to look then back to TC.

So, do this:

- install it new, just AP, no bonus stuff (it is already in LxXRM, promised)

- go where you steam directory is and find ...\Steam\!SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict

(don't get fooled by the name, AP is inside there too!)

- copy the directory x3 terran conflict to C or D or whatever. "C:/x3 terran conflict" is just fine

- download the non steam X3AP.exe on this website:
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php

- copy it over the X3AP.exe in your "C:/x3 terran conflict"

- copy it AGAIN to "C:/x3 terran conflict" but name it this time X3AP_n.exe

(so you have 2 exe in - thats just a safety marker to avoid people install to steam, sorry for that but safety first).

X3 AP installation - DONE!

Now follow the guide on page 1:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#4717924

Start with 1c - installation of the X Plugin Manager (thats something you do for every X3 modding if you are sane or not on a mega mod).

The PManager must be pointed to top your X3 copy. He will ask you or you have to point it by yourself by starting it and use the drop down menu Settings->Add Directory. Point it to your copy, in our example "C:/x3 terran conflict".

Enable it like described in the link above and then just follow the guide in my second post on the first page. That means you change the check marker in Settings/Mode from "vanilla" to "modfied" and say yes when the PManager ask you to install the default scripts.

If you have used "C:/x3 terran conflict", you must be set the _X3AP_PATH_.bat line to

set X3AP_PATH=C:/x3 terran conflict

(notice there are NO "").

DONE with all settings, now you have just download the big mods, throw them to LxXRM/_DOWNLOAD and hit the bat files in order as described.

Then it will install itself just by answering some questions and you can remove and reinstall different setups again and again. No copy by hand or such needed.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 09:23

Sorry, I am probably slower. I just did what you said, installed Plugin Manager, found D:/x3 terran conflict/addon [X3 Albion Prelude](Language: English) and do not know what to do next.
What does it mean :
If you have used "C:/x3 terran conflict", you must be set the _X3AP_PATH_.bat line to

what do I have to set this path? Or first I have to do that "LxXRM"? By that you mean download xXRM10.zip?
I know this is propably easy to do, but I feel confused a little, that is why I want to be sure. Do you have a facebook or something maybe where I could ask you more frequently? Of course if you have time and will for that.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 10:03

Sorry, I am probably slower. I just did what you said, installed Plugin Manager, found D:/x3 terran conflict/addon [X3 Albion Prelude](Language: English) and do not know what to do next.
What does it mean :

what do I have to set this path? Or first I have to do that "LxXRM"? By that you mean download xXRM10.zip?
I know this is propably easy to do, but I feel confused a little, that is why I want to be sure. Do you have a facebook or something maybe where I could ask you more frequently? Of course if you have time and will for that.
I assume that you have enabled the "Modified" flag for your X3 installation (in the Settings menu of Plugin Manager).
But you better should use an installation path that doesn't contains space in it, it may break the install scripts (rename your directory 'C:/x3 terran conflict' to 'C:/X3TC' eg.)

Once it's done, then download the xXRM10.zip and extract it somewhere (here again, no space to directory path), please read carefully the second post of the thread for the instructions : you have to download the XRM and Resurection files and put it to the _DOWNLOADS folder.

Then, edit the _X3AP_PATH_.bat file : it's here you will find the line (7th line) where is set the variable X3AP_PATH. This variable tells to the scripts where is your target X3 directory, so where they have to install all the mods.
So, in your case, you have to change the line to have :
or, if you've renamed your folder as I told you :
set X3AP_PATH=C:/X3AP

From there, you have to execute the install scripts 01_SETUP_.bat, 02_UNPACK_.bat and 03-INSTALL_.bat in this order
Follow the instructions of the scripts (and again from the second post of this thread).
Last, you have to launch the Plugin Manager again, click Ok and exit before to launch X3AP.

@michtoen > I've installed LxXRM last night, all seem to work as intended so I'll enjoy the full X3TCAP plots with a XRM scale and the LU's performance !!!!
Thank you very much for your package.

I expect to encounter all XRM and LU ships. Does your package embedded all of them?

will_990
x2

Post by will_990 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 10:07

Hi and many thanks for your work, michtoen. :-)

I've installed it according to your guide (PC, Win10) and (naturally) it seems to work... :-) ...at least the game doesn't crash, during the first game start however, the loading screen froze.

Some questions, please:
- There's a sub-folder _tmp_LXRM_BACKUP (appr. 709MB) remaining, WAD?
- The main sub-folder addon has appr. 2.55GB, WAD?
- There's no sub-folder X3_optimizer or something like that? Can I somehow see if your optimizations work?
- I don't have to start X3-AP via the X-Universe GameLauncher (doesn't work as it always wants to start the Steam exe), I can start it directly via the x3ap.exe (non-Steam), correct?

Btw: My original folder name too had been "x3 terran conflict", in order to facilitate the installation I changed it to "X3AP" since you need a separate folder (out of Steam) anyway...

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 11:54

jakubpolo wrote:Sorry, I am probably slower. I just did what you said, installed Plugin Manager, found D:/x3 terran conflict/addon [X3 Albion Prelude](Language: English) and do not know what to do next.
What does it mean :

Yeah, that line is about LxXRM - if you are there all is fine.

Just download it, unzip it and you will see a _X3AP_PATH_.bat in it.
Then just follow the instructions on.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 12:10

hargn wrote: @michtoen > I've installed LxXRM last night, all seem to work as intended so I'll enjoy the full X3TCAP plots with a XRM scale and the LU's performance !!!!
Thank you very much for your package.
Yeah, thats the idea :) Even, we will never have 100% of the LU performance, because LU have a rewritten script core, optimized to its setup. But the LxXRM setup should come close enough to give a good game experience and to eleminate all big problems. And thats what counts.
hargn wrote: I expect to encounter all XRM and LU ships. Does your package embedded all of them?
Every single one!

And more: I used the X3 Cunstomizer to generate for all M6+ non special standard races ships variants. So, you will be able now to choose between a Titan, a Titan Vanguard, Titan Sentinal and a Titan Raider.

The one variant will be slower but with more shields, the other a bit more freight volume... all with different prizes. The races itself use them too, so you will see them all over the sectors.

That really works pretty good, thanks to the X3 Customizer here!

I renamed a few Lucike ships because XRM had already used the names. The Lucike M7M is renamed to "Gx", the special orbital weapon platforms of Lucike, which have a special defend sofrware build in, comes as "small/medum/huge OWP MK2" and some stations are given better names like to make clear that the special "headquarters" are not real HQs but expanded equipment docks. Also, XRM naturally spread the new stuff all over the stations to buy.

Indeed, both mods are working very well together after the merge. They make sense to each other and the game.
Last edited by michtoen on Tue, 17. Jul 18, 15:03, edited 2 times in total.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 12:24

will_990 wrote:Hi and many thanks for your work, michtoen. :-)

I've installed it according to your guide (PC, Win10) and (naturally) it seems to work... :-) ...at least the game doesn't crash, during the first game start however, the loading screen froze.
Thats a normal freeze - just WAIT. It needs up to a minute but thats just all the setup scripts, creating all the stuff and setup the universe.

You get a bit more this time.
will_990 wrote: Some questions, please:
- There's a sub-folder _tmp_LXRM_BACKUP (appr. 709MB) remaining, WAD?
There we backup files the installer overwrites. If you hit the
04-REMOVE_.bat
then that files are used to restore a complete clean installation you had before you did run the 03-INSTALL_.bat !

That even works with the plugin manager - if you install the cheat package before you run the setup and the creation of the _tmp... folder, then its restored too!

so, you can test and run every setup you want, then hit 04-REMOVE_.bat, then a new run of 03-INSTALL_.bat. Rinse and repeat as often you want.
will_990 wrote: - The main sub-folder addon has appr. 2.55GB, WAD?
Again: You get a bit more this time.
Count all the mods + the _tmp. XRM alone adds 1GB unpacked, thats not me. :)
will_990 wrote: - There's no sub-folder X3_optimizer or something like that? Can I somehow see if your optimizations work?
Yeah, i did not added the X3 Customizer binaries, SirNukes is releasing pretty often updates, just get the last release from his thread and download:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396158

The for LxXRM used transform files are in
LxXRM\_Tools\_X3_Customizer (modding)\
will_990 wrote: - I don't have to start X3-AP via the X-Universe GameLauncher (doesn't work as it always wants to start the Steam exe), I can start it directly via the x3ap.exe (non-Steam), correct?
Correct: use the X3AP.exe non steam directly.
will_990 wrote: Btw: My original folder name too had been "x3 terran conflict", in order to facilitate the installation I changed it to "X3AP" since you need a separate folder (out of Steam) anyway...
No, i fixed that problem, was a bug added by me. Never ever change things before release, i did, moved some bat stuff out to own files. But thats fixed, so "x3 terran conflict" will work. But i suggest to rename it to X3AP, so you have a visual difference between your master files from steam and your copy.

will_990
x2

Post by will_990 » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 07:31

@michtoen: You referred to AI settings a few times (e.g. Yaki settings); what settings are those and where do I find them?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 12:14

will_990 wrote:@michtoen: You referred to AI settings a few times (e.g. Yaki settings); what settings are those and where do I find them?
You wil find that ingame under Gamelplay -> Artifical Life Settings.

The same Gameplay menu where you set the SETA.

You should search for that here and in google, because its a basic to use X3, you will miss alot and do not experience LxXRM and its scripts and mods in the right way when you are to inexperienced, no offence here.

Perhaps then a first game in vanilla is the best way to get in the game.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 21:52

Hello,

I think I have managed to install the mod according to guide. I have few questions.

1. After the installation I started X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced but I was asked no question. How do I know that it added that file I needed?

2. I found that Plugin Manager finds my AP in D:/X3AP/addon while it find Terran Conflict (which I understand that I do not use for this mode) at D:\X3AP - is it weird? Once it is / and then \

3. Are there any more steps I need to do before starting the game?

4. How do I start the game? :-D by X3AP_n?

5. What should I expect after first boot? Should I do any settings? If so then which?

6. I am not very experienced in X3, but my friend told me to start with some mod instead of starting with original game, get bored and do not try this game again (his words). Also there is no better similiar game currently then X3 (maybe X4 in the future?). Will you please give me some tips how to start? What to do?

Anyways thanks for your work!

will_990
x2

Post by will_990 » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 01:00

michtoen wrote:You wil find that ingame under Gamelplay -> Artifical Life Settings.

The same Gameplay menu where you set the SETA.

You should search for that here and in google, because its a basic to use X3, you will miss alot and do not experience LxXRM and its scripts and mods in the right way when you are to inexperienced, no offence here.

Perhaps then a first game in vanilla is the best way to get in the game.
Thanks again, and thanks for your further explanations along the thread. :-)

I did play TC vanilla some years back so I've learned the basics; the problem with XRM is the far too large thread in this forum (1828 pages) where many aspects of the mod are explained somewehere along...too bad strikingsoftware is gone but I'll manage. ;-)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”