[X3LU] MARS Fire control for Litcube's universe & many additions and tweaks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Valtarien
x3ap

Post by Valtarien » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 03:05

Does Phanon+ and Revelation+ require a full restart of the game? I just got rolling in a new game, but just found this. Everything else seems to work fine, so far. Thanks for all your hard work!

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Re: [X3LU] MARS Fire control for Litcube's universe & many additions and tweaks

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 01:14

Sorry to everyone for not responding to problems sooner. I've been busy lately, and moreover actually resolving problems would mean booting into Windows ( :rant:) which is not something I look forward to doing ever again. Furthermore, I can't use Vim to edit the scripts. I might as well use a quill pen and my own blood to write them. There isn't even a Vim emulation mode in any of the available editors! Horror!

Has anyone been using this mod lately (or at all)? A few people mentioned that it broke things unless a new game was started. That was one thing I definitely forgot to test. I assumed it would be fine because I made most of the changes to an ongoing game incrementally, but I should have tested before uploading. Also, can anyone confirm that it is breaking MLCC or overwriting hotkeys? I can think of a few ways to maybe address that, but I just don't have the time these days to play video games so I probably won't be able to do any testing for a little while. I can say that I am not actually sure whether phanon+ or revelation+ require restarts. I don't think so, but X3 can be weird sometimes.

Of course, if necessary I can do it anyway. Playing videogames... what backbreaking work...

Yuof
x3tc

Post by Yuof » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:49

Yeah , i have been using it.
Most Stuff works and is rly nice but i can confirm the MLCC part being broken(cant config ships). I disabled the MLCC parts and the rest works fine.

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 10:34

I have no idea why MLCC would be broken. I looked at the code and don't see any obvious problems. And it works for me. What exactly isn't working? I spent probably the most time on the MLCC stuff so I'm a little dismayed to hear that it doesn't seem to work

In any case I fixed the mixup with the hotkeys and uploaded a new version. The whole thing's small enough that I just reuploaded everything rather than a patch. Required for anyone starting a new game with the mod already enabled, since I accidentally overwrote the default hotkeys...

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Wed, 31. Oct 18, 01:00

I normally hate to double post, but I think this might be worth a little update. Apologies in advance if it is, in fact, not.

I've solved the problem with MLCC. A sloppy, stupid error on my part. As long as at least one ship was already configured, everything worked. If none were configured, the settings were being reset afterwords. So it was both impossible to set up from scratch and couldn't be noticed during a running game with things set up already. Dumb. It should work fine now. Will re-upload the mod in the top post. Highly recommend that anyone using this thing update it.

I'd just like to note that I'm so rusty with this language that the above debugging took 4 hours. :evil: Also, sorry for posting two patches in rapid succession. I wasn't sure last night whether I wanted to track down the MLCC problem, so I uploaded the hotkey fix just in case.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 21:43

Your version of sat monitoring is 1.6b and Joub is currently at 1.8.
Can I safely overwrite yours?

EDIT: Can I pick and choose the mods from your collection or are they all tied together?

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 00:55

You could try to replace the satellite monitoring mod with the updated version, but I don't know for sure if everything would work. I edited several of the script files in that mod quite a bit. The version I packaged with my mod is the stock mod, which is then partially overwritten by files in the "Unsorted" Submod. If you upgraded the original mod, this replacing could cause problems. I don't know what was changed in 1.8. Caveat emptor.

You can certainly pick and choose to a degree, just keep in mind that I really only tested it with everything enabled. The only reason it's so split up at all is because I made lots of little changes over time and put each little change in its own folder. I wound up having a ton of these. For this mod I consolidated them a little and renamed some of the terribly named ones (like "asdf123") but just keep in mind that the submods are not designed to be atomic. I made changes for myself, some of which assume the presence of the other submods. That said, I left them in separate folders so you could try to mix and choose if you prefer. Again: caveat emptor.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 00:18

Is this pack for LU 1.7.2?

If the author is still on the forum:
Add mod names to each description, if possible.

krazykatboy
x3tc

Post by krazykatboy » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 13:42

File's broken on my end. When I try to unzip everything I just get spammed with unexpected errors.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 19:32

krazykatboy wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 13:42
File's broken on my end. When I try to unzip everything I just get spammed with unexpected errors.
https://www.upload.ee/files/11218024/Ma ... 2.zip.html

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4o2V/nGoorXbGz

https://anonfiles.com/v9q6t3e2of/Mars_Et_Al_1.2_zip

krazykatboy
x3tc

Post by krazykatboy » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 13:09

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 19:32
krazykatboy wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 13:42
https://www.upload.ee/files/11218024/Ma ... 2.zip.html

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4o2V/nGoorXbGz

https://anonfiles.com/v9q6t3e2of/Mars_Et_Al_1.2_zip
Thanks man. Still ran into the problem, but using WinRar instead of the default unzipping program fixed it.

KTV
x4

Post by KTV » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:16

First thanks for a beautiful scrit.

Then, if i may, do you think it would be possible to add TMs to MLLC?

There is an existing script for it but it modifies file that you modified already so i cant use it, here is the link:

viewtopic.php?t=398706

That would be awesome.

Finally a question i installed ADS viewtopic.php?t=388549 but it says wrong version of MLLC, i assume it s due to the modifications you made. Do you know if it still works. Of course i could test it by myself but since i never used it before i would not realize if some menus or functionalities are missing or messed up.

Thanks again!

K

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”